Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Panasonic TH-P50GT50D (GT50) Plasma TV Review

Arun - Just following up. Any luck in testing the TV more? Eagerly waiting for your findings. Also let me know how much are you getting the best price for 42GT50, thanks.

Sorry for the delay, I asked about the pricing at the dealer guy but did not get back to me until I met him at the showroom yesterday. He said the MRP for 42GT50 is 1.18L and the price they are selling for is 1L. I think the 50GT50 would be a better buy when you consider the price difference.

I did check the upscaling options in PS3, but it always outputs in 720p itself when the game (like Uncharted) starts. I do not have an AVR to try. For Xbox all the games I have output with 1080p, so Pure Direct mode works well with Xbox. It seems most of the games available for Xbox support 1080p.

Yes, NTFS HDD on USB is working fine when I checked. However note that Pure Direct mode and THX are not available when using USB playback.

I do not see any option for loading external subtitle file. Checked with an MKV file and .srt file in the same folder but I do not see any option to load the sub-title during playback.

off-topic @prankey: Noticed a malware infection notification on SoD website couple of days ago and I see the website is down now? Wassup Ok, I see now what happened

BTW, I had the free rechargeable 3D glass (which was given by the dealer as gift) replaced with the new 2012 model as my friend (who also purchased the TV) realized that the one they have given was the 2011 model which isn't compatible (not RF which is used in 2012 TVs). The new one is sleeker like the included free 3D glasses. It claims to have 3 - 4 hours viewing time with a 30 minutes recharge (USB cable included)

bHj4O.jpg

ZCWdW.jpg

For those who buy this TV (with the THX modes) avoid using the THX modes if the content has logos or any static content or letter box. In THX modes the "Pixel Orbiter" feature is absent which is the technology that Panasonic uses to prevent Image Retention & Burn-in. The pixel orbiter subtly shifts static pictures to continuously keep the plasma screen's phosphors working. By never resting, there is little chance of burn-in. So in case you are viewing content that is not full screen in THX modes (especially THX bright room) make sure you run the inbuilt Scrolling Bar for some time. Burn-in will not happen in new plasma displays but image retention will still occur in Plasma displays. Generally the image retention is temporary and will disappear when you watch other content for some time or run the scrolling bar, but some times it can get sticky and will stay longer. The Star World HD logo and the AirTel logo seems to have got a bit sticky on my display after watching on THX Bright Mode for some time few weeks ago. It is visible only on a red back ground if you look at it very carefully:

Wj7uH.jpg

I think the image retention stickiness can be longer during the first 200 hours. So hope it won't be an issue afterwards.

Panasonic India added the 2012 models last week in its website: http://www.panasonic...v/vieraplasmatv

If you are buying this TV don't forget to buy a copy of Avatar blu ray which has THX to see the TV in its full glory!

H8DQZ.jpg

lg9wp.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats Arun. this is a good TV. I have 47" plasma. Ok it is 6/7yrs old. I still enjoy it.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Congrates Arun Sir,

Is it possible to your dealer to ship Panasonic 50GT50 to Pune ? And Can please update on TV offer Cost and Shipping cost ? Thank you in advance.

They won't ship anywhere outside Trivandrum. There must be many dealers for Panasonic in Pune from where you can buy it? See the first post for the cost details.

SUPERBBBBB Buys

MY house is undergoing renovations , nice add to my collection of TVs To Buy...

Available here. You can even use ebay coupon code

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Panasonic-Plasma-TH-P50GT50D-FHD-TV-/320985875619?pt=IN_LCD_LED_Plasma_Televisions&hash=item4abc3fc4a3#ht_5037wt_928

Congrates Arun Sir,

Is it possible to your dealer to ship Panasonic 50GT50 to Pune ? And Can please update on TV offer Cost and Shipping cost ? Thank you in advance.

Hi Prankey, Arun,

Aruns review and Prankey's questions was very impressive... Thanks for the info. I woluld request you to help me please...

I would like to know whether it is advisable to buy the panasonic plasma if I am planning to use it with Airtel HD DVR as I find that the double conversion on HDMI output may give poor SD content watching. Is it really notisable compared to Samsung? I am planning to buy a this panny TV. Need decide on best model that produces SD content very well on HDMI interface.

harits

The quality of SD content on Panasonic GT50 and the old Samsung 32" were about the same. Not good enough as the noise in the resolution makes it look bad. I use the pillar box feature in the STB to make the picture look a bit better even though the size would be smaller.