Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
howard_roark

Installing Google Apps (Google Market Gtalk Gmail Etc) on Motorola XT882

Hi,

I have got a Motorola xt882. I am using it fine here. I have been able to root the phone but am unable to install google apps on it like google market, gtalk, gmail. latitude etc. Also other apps like viber are not being installed. It has preinstalled chinese apps which I want to delete. If anyone knows how to do it please do help me.

Thanks,

Nisarg

Have you tried downloading and flashing google apps appropriate for your version of android through RECOVERY from here >> http://goo.im/gapps

Hi,

Where did you get XT882 from and for how much ? Moreover if you can post down the review of the same. Will surely help others. I believe its dual Techno one with GSM & CDMA radios working simultaneously.

Regards

Hello Rajanji,

Is there a particular way to flash using the Recovery mode? Please let me know if you have any guide for that. I tried searching but couldnt come up with anything useful. Currently I have the phone rooted and have a superuser icon. Under the superuser apps i have the recovery mode installed but still am not bale to flash the google GMs pack. Kindly advise.

Hi Vishal,

I got the phone from a friend in China. Absolutely amazing phone, dual sim dual standby cdma gsm dual core processor. Once I finish getting google apps on it i shall update this thread with what are the exact steps to be done. Will keep it updated.

Thanks,

Nisarg

Hello Rajanji,

Is there a particular way to flash using the Recovery mode? Please let me know if you have any guide for that. I tried searching but couldnt come up with anything useful. Currently I have the phone rooted and have a superuser icon. Under the superuser apps i have the recovery mode installed but still am not bale to flash the google GMs pack. Kindly advise.

Nisarg

Go through this tutorial for XT882 recovery mode. It's in chinese. Translate through google chrome. >> http://www.androidon...cheng/7379.html

You have to boot into recovery mode first and then flash the downloaded gapps package through install zip from SDCard option.

• Like 1

Thanks Rajanji, Have been able to successfully install everything. Now just need a clean ROM for 4.0. Thanks again

Regards,

Nisarg

Hi Nisarg,

It would be great if you can post some pics of the phone along with detailed review. Is data working & does it support RUIM or OMH card. What is the pricing of the phone. It will help many ppl like me who want dual standby phones.

Regards

Hi Nisarg

I have an XT882, find the phone great but mnissing GMS. I have been going round and around for the last week with different options. Have rooted the device, have superuser loaded but not sure what to do from here.

Are you able to post a set of instructions on how you got the device working for you?

Much appreciated

David

@David Lipton

Which ROM are you on ?

Since Verizon ROM have inbuilt Google Mobile Applications. For other ROMs you need to download.