Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kundalus

Whatsapp Issue Across Mobile OS's

Hi! Frns, off lately i have seen wahtsapp creating a lot of issues with various mobile os. I can confirm that its not working properly on Nokia and Android phones. Have witnessed battery drain and also the phone takes forever to respond to a single button which is pressed. I was of opinion that it is caused by whatsapp on the accounts which dont pay after one year of free usage but i know lot of frns who have been running it since years and no issues. M wondering what it has got to do with the issue? Its probably one of the best app to chat and create groups which is a lot more interactive. I havent found ppl using custom whatsapp (available on xda) creating any such issues, as i personally use it. But with stock its giving lot of issues on nokia and android phones.

Anyone knows y? can anyone help to solve this issue?

I use watsapp alot on my sgs2(android) and focus s(windows) extensively on daily basis, but didn't saw any noticeable difference with it recently. It runs very smoothly and no lags whatsoever. I sometimes see some lag while it posts something that I write after clicking send, but thats not something new/recent.

Maybe clear data/ reinstall may solve the issue. Not sure though !!

It doesnt solve the issue. I have three nokia phones having same issue, E72 (x2) & C5. Photon also lagging for a bit of moment and takes a while to open. Working fine in BB though but too much issue on Nokia and Photon.

I'm a regular user of what's app... using the stock app... No problem at all... Try uninstalling along with its folder created on mmc for media and other stuff and then reinstall... I've seen a few symbian users complaining that the device gets quite slow with it... But no complaint with other os... All the best buddy...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

just a thought...

why use whatsapp when gtalk, yahoo messenger, fb ,etc are available....I use IM+ pro..works like a charm...and most of my contacts use the same too...

a glitch if i may say, i have been experiencing off late in Whatsapp...

sometimes, the notification light does not blink nor does the fon vibrate even wen there is a new message.

Also, if i have typed something and sent a message, that message still remains in the typing box instead of vanisg=hing after the message is sent..

dunno if it is a common problem due to the latest update from whatsapp..

@theking: not a bad idea...but frankly never found any major shortcoming wid whasapp that would make me look for other IM...will try in future if need be:)

No issues here as well. Android user

just a thought...

why use whatsapp when gtalk, yahoo messenger, fb ,etc are available....I use IM+ pro..works like a charm...and most of my contacts use the same too...

Well the biggest advantage/usp on watsapp is that ur users are pulled from the phone contacts list. So if any of my frnd buy a new smartphone and install watsapp among any os, that will automatically be added. No other IM provides this flexibility. This also shows that people still rely more on phone numbers then fb/gmail IM contacts in contact list.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Also ability to send photos/notes etc seemlessly is inparalleled.

So whenever I purchase a shirt online I just snap a pic of it and send it my frnds nd gf to get their opinion.. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

That can be done otherwise also..my opinion..

For new contacts, we have sms right;)

Whatsapp..just an additional resource instead of more commonly used ones..

(Dont Follow Your Shadow, Lead It!!)

-Sent from my Fax Machine

Group chat in what's app is unique.best....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

just a thought...

Ya, u r right, but lot of ppl are not used to chat, plus if u have to send a msg to someone whose email-id u r not aware, whatsapp serves best...

a glitch if i may say, i have been experiencing off late in Whatsapp...

sometimes, the notification light does not blink nor does the fon vibrate even wen there is a new message.

Also, if i have typed something and sent a message, that message still remains in the typing box instead of vanisg=hing after the message is sent..

dunno if it is a common problem due to the latest update from whatsapp..

@theking: not a bad idea...but frankly never found any major shortcoming wid whasapp that would make me look for other IM...will try in future if need be:)

Still facing the issues on nokia phones, I think it must be coz they cant restrict ppl from using whatsapp even after trail period of one year has expired. So it starts creating issue or can be a bug but still unable to find any solution on internet

Group chat in what's app is unique.best....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing is closer to whatsapp groupchat...its by far the best...even hike has not been able to integrate it as of now

It doesnt solve the issue. I have three nokia phones having same issue, E72 (x2) & C5. Photon also lagging for a bit of moment and takes a while to open. Working fine in BB though but too much issue on Nokia and Photon.

You cannot compare smartphones anymore, BlackBerry, Nokia, Palm or any OS may not be comparable to Androids' hardware and software offerings. Watsapp works flawlessly on devices packed with 1Ghz/512 RAM combination and above. Watsapp uses cloud messaging based on native device phonebook while others don't. Apps like Chrome beta, Mozilla Firefox, Watsapp are meant to be used on superfast devices. Take no offense, thats the power of technology.

Sent from my HTC SENSATION XL using Tapatalk 2