Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pabitrak5

MTS Stops EVDO Services For Its Old Customers using HSD Voice Data Packs

generate an upc and let their retention team call you.. You can vomit the frustration on them..

Guess that would calm the frustration down..

New plans are as follows..

500mb evdo data+UL 1x+UL SMS@178/-

1gb evdo data +UL 1x+UL SMS@246

MTS says that all plans will be available for every omh users.. But no confirmation till now..

Details will be available in TelecomTalk soon after confirmation from MTS end...

All those plans are comparable with 3G plans of gsm operators.. But mts should remind that their coverage, customer base, popularity are not comparable with those 3G operators..

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

This plan looks nice with the free sms option!Hope its implemented!

My email to MTS..

Thanks for the new HSD plans. However I have some doubts regarding all those new plans which need clarification.

1. Details information about these new HSD plans of Rs. 246, Rs. 178 etc are lacking. Are these plans exclusive for MTS Smartphone numbers? Or can we recharge to get the benefits of these packs on our normal OMH RUIMs without converting them into Smartphone numbers? We don’t want to lose our existing benefits like 1p/2sec lifetime, Rs. 122 recharge, SMS plan of Rs.9 and other normal packs by way of converting our normal numbers into Smartphone number only to get EVDO activated?

2. While other operators are providing hassle free 3G activation keeping all existing benefits intact, why MTS is compelling us to do otherwise? Will these new packs cap 1X data packs on EVDO signal after EVDO limit is over? 1X data overrides voice calls on MTS network while EVDO data doesn’t. With 1X data on, incoming voice call is not possible. This is a great difficulty. Kindly consider capping 1X data on EVDO signal only. Also please consider upgrading 1X data to at least 256kbps which is standard on other GSM networks beyond 3G usage limit.

3. MTS's new EVDO plans are not at all lucrative if compared with other 3G GSM operator packs. Almost all GSM operators are currently providing 3G packs of 1GB for around Rs. 250. But Reliance Smart at 21.4 Mbps, Vodafone at 14.4 Mbps, AirTel at 10.2 Mbps and Aircel at 10.3 Mbps are quite better in terms of speed as well as availability. Among these operators Aircel is the cheapest one, offering 1GB (beyond that 2G unlimited) at Rs. 194. So, how on earth you decided to go for pricing your data pack at Rs. 246 for 1GB while it is damn slow compared to GSM 3G packs (leave aside 4G of AirTel) which can be accessed on plethora of high-end handsets which are openly available in the market. Compared to Samsung Galaxy SIII/ hTc One X/Moto Droid Razr Maxx/ Apple iPhone 5/4S are your MTS branded Smartphones really smart?

4. We have got the news that the GSM operators are going to reduce the 3G data tariff to around Rs. 150/GB from ensuing Pujas as ‘Puja Bonus Offer’. MTNL has already reduced their 3G tariff to Rs. 175/GB. Hence, please rethink over your tariff and make it around Rs. 100/GB so that it becomes competitive (you must be knowing that Tata DoCoMo CDMA is already offering 5GB EVDO data for Rs. 95 and it is available in entire north Bengal, Sikkim and at Asansol and in Kolkata). If your tariff is fixed to Rs. 246/GB, the subscribers will restrict themselves to use it for lesser data usage, but at Rs. 150/GB subscribers will go for full use of EVDO in VOIP video calls/ youtube downloads/ live TV viewing etc and will recharge multiple times in a month. We don’t need unlimited SMS or 1X with 3X packs as bonus; it will be much better if you introduce some affordable packs which offer more amount of 3x data. If you want to provide unlimited SMS/1X you can provide different packs for those.

5. You should make proper arrangements for ease of EVDO activation a la other GSM operators for 3G activation. EVDO activation by a simple SMS or call to CC is at least required. People have very skimpy knowledge on CDMA data. While GSM operators are providing better coverage at competitive price, your Rev B service is restricted only to Rajasthan. But at this point Rev B looks competitive on speed front. To beat the coverage/popularity/freedom at handset choice MTS should consider upgrading network to provide Rev B and reduce tariff considerably otherwise why people will choose MTS?You should also start single tariff structure for HSD; stop different segments like Smartphone packs and non-Smartphone voice & data packs etc. Also please don't deactivate earlier benefits after activation of EVDO. All voice and data packs should work simultaneously.

6. Please publish advertisement of your new affordable and exciting packs along with activation procedure through tv, newspaper and posters/ festoons etc. Your website should include self-explanatory and exhaustive coverage on new changes especially on data front.

Thank you for your support on the EVDO related issue. But if MTS wants positive feedback from customers, all the above-mentioned points are to be taken into consideration, otherwise negetive feedbacks will again start flowing into blogs and forums. Please try to feel the pulse of the market and make the tariff MNP-proof as soon as possible.

• Like 1

I whole-heartedly support Avishek. I'm a part of his movement.

I am really thankful to TelecomTalk, Rimweb, Tarun, Rudradip Biswas (inception), Sougata Dhar Chowdhury, Anirban Mukherjee n Ruhul for their sincere help regarding all the evdo related issues..

:previous:

Correction -it will get better with "OUR" efforts.

;-)

• Like 1

After the great disaster I wrote a series of mails to the nodal officer, appellate authority of MTS. Finally my number got converted into a smartphone one. And I continued to get EVDO signal.

I continued to get the benefit of my last recharge of Rs. 140 for 6GB of data.

This 12:00am that validity expired. Before the expiry I tried to recharge my number with SMS recharge of Rs 9, 'All 30p' of Rs. 73, internet recharge of Rs 90 and Rs. 140, Voice call recharge of Rs. 122 (giving 70K secs on-net and 30K secs off-net calls), but all failed.

Finally I gave up and recharged with Rs. 27 for 2p/3sec (validity 90 days) and Rs 121 (full talk-time) and Rs. 246 for 1GB EVDO and unlimited 1X beyond 1GB along with unlimited free (200/day) SMS. This is for checking. I'd rather go for Rs. 48 recharge which will allow 1p/2sec calls for 90 days.

But after that when I'm checking my balance, the data volume is not showing. Then how can I plan my data usage? Disgusting :ranting:

Good move Avishek Ghosh and Sougata Dhar. Avishek's letter is a good eye opener. I am also supporting you in every aspect.

Edited by KAPILKDEV

The Smartphone recharges are also having some bottlenecks. I'm reproducing below my latest mail to the nodal officer regarding this:

Dear Sri Sambit Patnaik,

Nodal Officer, MTS West Bengal

Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd.

PS Srijan Tech Park,DN-52,Sector-V ,Salt Lake , Kolkata - 700091

This is to draw your kind attention to the fact that after the conversion of my general OMH (9434353637) into Smartphone number, I'm facing some unique problems as depicted below. Kindly look into the matter and take necessary action to resolve these.

Problem #1: As required for data access, I recharged with Rs. 246 for which I got a confirmation message that I've been credited with 200 sms (as the daily quota of the unlimited sms). As per the tariff plan I'm getting 1GB of EVDO data beyond which it would be 1X unlimited. But sms by dialing *225# isn't showing any data balance. It is very difficult to plan my HSD usage for 1GB without knowing how much balance I'm having at a particular moment. Kindly make arrangement to provide balance statement for EVDO data. This is urgently required.

Problem #2: I tried to recharge my number with SMS recharge of Rs. 9, 'All 30p' of Rs. 73, Voice call recharge of Rs. 122 (giving 70K secs on-net and 30K secs off-net calls), but all failed. Why on earth there are restrictions on these recharges for Smartphones? What prevents you to allow a Smartphone subscriber to recharge 'All @30p' for Rs. 73 or local voice call pack of Rs. 122? What's the logic behind this? If any Smartphone user wants to stop using data for an interim period and uses his number for normal use why he will not get the opportunity to recharge for SMS pack? While none of the GSM operators impose any such restrictions on recharge options if a subscriber goes for 3G data use on his mobile, why MTS is adopting this negative stand?

Problem #3: All the Msavers are not available for Smartphones.

I conclude with a pertinent question - why have you designed the recharge denominations giving full talk time of Rs. 600, Rs. 700, and Rs. 800 while the recharges for the denominations of Rs. 500 gives a talktime of Rs. 525 and that of Rs. 786 gives talktime of Rs. 800. Who will go for recharging with Rs. 600, Rs. 700, or Rs. 800?

With regards,

Sougata Dhar Chowdhury

• Like 1