Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KanagaDeepan

Motorola Has Finally Released BL-Unlock Tool For Few Devices (More To Come)

YAY... What a nice surprise today morning... I even pinched myself to check I am NOT sleeping still...

So here is the good news... Moto has released the BootLoader Unlocking tool for some of its devices (First devices being Photon Q, Razr Developer Edition(WTF), Zoom WiFi, Zoom VERIZON(YES, NO TYPO here) ) and I hope many more will follow in near future...

This is the first time Moto kept its word (wrt Photon Q BL UnLocking)... Thanks to GOOGLE... Now I am eagerly waiting for International Razr/MAXX BL UnLocking(I doubt Verizon version will get one)...

When the news of Google interested in buying MotorolaMobility came I expected three things from Google viz 1) Reducing the Blurness in UI 2) BL UnLocking 3) More C+G G+G Android phones for China and India.. Thanks Google for making my two dreams come TRUE...

Link here and here

=====================================================

Motorola Launches “Unlock My Device” Site – Bootloader Freedom Has Come At Last (Update)

by: Tim-o-tato | posted 08.17.12 | Breaking, News

motorola-logo-650x432.jpg

Double check your calendars – is it April 1st? It’s not? Then there’s been a massive rip in the space time continuum as Motorola has officially published the new “Unlock My Device” page. On the site, Motorola device owners can finally unlock their device’s bootloaders and install 3rd party software. Naturally, there are about one million warnings and hoops to jump through, but it has finally come.

To unlock your device, you will need the Android SDK and Motorola’s Drivers. Once you have those things set up on your computer, it’s merely a “follow the instrcutions” type of deal. Interestingly enough, when trying to find out which devices are supported by the Unlock Tool, it took us to an “Access Denied” page here.

Fantastic news going into the weekend. We’ll keep checking to see if we can get any more information regarding which devices can now be unlocked using the tool.

Update: Motorola has updated their list of supported devices. There is two phones and two tablets that are currently able to have their bootloaders unlocked.

• Photon Q
  • RAZR developer edition
  • XOOM – Verizon
  • XOOM WiFi

We will continue to wait for Motorola to expand on this list.

Via: Motorola

• Like 5

Hope just like you, raze Nazca :angry:

Wow... Great news

Isn't bionic a later handset than photon? So it ought to get the goodies too

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk 2

Wow... Great news

Isn't bionic a later handset than photon? So it ought to get the goodies too

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk 2

the post is about photon Q and not photon

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Good news. So they too have succumbed like htc. Hope they do not force you to flash everything as zip files cannot be run.

Only it seems that CM is having problems handling DInc2's which were unlocked (and rooted0 usinf Revolutionary / AlphaRevX. For ICS you need to unroot, and then unlock using the htc route. Simple till you realise you have to go back to Froyo, install the ROM, unlock and then proceed through GB and then into CM9! A real pain.

Edited by sgiitk

^^^^^^^

The BL unlocking method is more straight forward when comparing HTC, imho... Here there is NO S-OFF / S-ON headaches...

Motorola has gone of to sleep, it seems.

yeah rumors only so far of getting unlocking tool or ics/jb for their left out products.

its seems google's acquisition hasnt brought any good news for customers.

their decisions surely will adversely affect their sales if not already happening.

knowing the company can forgo support or development anytime for no reason at all.

even though so many developers are requesting for their work in progress too so they can

build their own rom and utilize the awesome hardware. but they arent even interested in sharing the

kernels.