SMS (L/N)

6000 L+N SMS Free

2G Data

Unlimited Free

3G Data

Unlimited Free (FUP of 2 GB)

Roaming on Other N/W (Inc/ local/STD)

Rs. 1/1/1.5 per min

• Refundable security deposit of Rs 850/- on new activations is mandatory with this plan. This is applicable for MNP/INP/Pre2Post customers as well
  • No other activation fees/ SIM charges are applicable on this plan
  • For MNP customers, refundable security deposit of Rs 850/- needs to be submitted only when the number has been released by the donor operator (UPC approved).
  • Existing customers migrating on to this plan will have to pay Rs.850 as deposit (to be launched early next week)
  • The plan is available for retail customers and is available for non-commercial use only…(i.e not for tele-calling/call centre, PCO etc)
  • Special APN has been created for this plan INTERNETHVC. Usage of internet through any other APN is chargeable. Customer will get the settings through Device Manger
  • In case customer toggles between 3G and 2G, total data consumed will be considered for 2GB FUP on 3G
  • Existing customers migrating to 1299 needs to change their APN
  • All SMS, data, ILD packs are applicable with this plan. Data benefits not applicable to blackberry

Edited by kkkooolll

whats the source? is it also for cdma? is it applicable pan- india?

Good start. Such plans will come from all providers very soon. A bit expensive.

Roaming SMS FREE or chargable??? If all roaming calls (incl in and out on on-net roaming) + Roaming SMS is FREE, then I am going to switch to this plan...

Only 2GB 3G under FUP for an 'unlimited data' bundle of 2G for a minimum bill of Rs. 1460 !

It's already launched in mumbai.....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Till now NOT launched in TN, as told by CC and TVS people... But already showing in their website for a long time...

I have applied for the plan change and given Security deposit cheque, 10 days back... But after trying various levels, TVS people said that their system is throwing some ridiculous error "Remove 3G data pack first"... FYKI TataGSM has no 3G service/license in TN...

First madurai team forwarded this to Chennai team and Chennai Team also said the same and forwarded to Mumbai Team... Now I have raised this issue to MD Desk and just now got a call from them and promised to resolve the issue and change my plan in three days... I will update here once its done...

According to them, this problem is occurring for existing customers only... If any existing customers of TN has changed to this plan, please reply here about the process to be done...

I have activated 1299 plan on my sim and is currently on on-net roaming in a reigon which supports tata docomo 3g network (i.e. roaming in tata docomo network in other state) ..... its mentioned in tata docomo website that i will get 2GB 3G data ...but still after 5 days of activation of services I am getting only 2G network....... what the hell!!!!!

can smone plz help me on this, coz not getting a proper reply from docomo customer care

Have you activated 3g on your number ?

and are you using the correct apn for free browsing ?

At last after soo many follow ups and complaints, my plan got changed to this Unlimited1299 plan... Right now I am roaming and will see and report here after seeing the bill...

Further is there any special APN to be used to get unlimited 2G data in this plan??? Now I am using "tata.docomo.internet" and cc is also saying the same...

Well.. I got the bill after the my plan got changed to this 1299 UnLimited plan. Here are my observations:-

1] Looks like there is REALLY NO FUP on voice calls (incl onnet roaming) and Data. They even don't list the details of voice calls and data (2G only in my circle) in itemised bills.

2] The only thing chargeable is RoamingSMS (even during onnet Roaming) at Rs1.50. {I use my BSNL Prepaid number for sending FREE roaming SMS}

3] While in TN (home circle), I have no problem with coverage as TataGSM uses Aircel's network (comparable to BSNL's) when there is no Tata network (away from city and also in-building in cities)

4] But coverage on roaming circle, especially in trains or semi-urban area is an issue - Again my BSNL RoamFREE plan comes to rescue here.

5] Please activate MCA (Missed Call Alert for Rs15) to know the calls missed while in non-coverage area and can call them back on reaching coverage area.

6] Tested this on following roaming circles during last month -- AP, Kerala, Karnataka, Maharastra, Mumbai, CG_MP.

7] I have used default 2G APN "TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET" as per CC advise and I was NOT charged for data on Home and roam. NOT sure about other circles' 1299 plan where seperate APN may be needed.

8] 2G data speed is very much usable + consistent in all circles I have roamed (some times better than BSNL-2G_over_3G)

9] Always select "Manual mode" while roaming, because when selected automatic, phone connects to Idea/Vodafone even where TataGSM has good coverage.

0] If possible get smartphones with Jumbo battery like RazrMAXX or Note2 for good data speed, long battery life -- To get FULL PAISA Vasool from this plan..

P.S. :

Always activate this plan from beginning of upcoming billing cycle and NOT during middle as there is some bug in TATA's sw and you get charged even after 1299 was activated. This happened in my case too...

So Tata_1299Plan + BSNL_RoamFREE_Plan + RazrMAXX is a winning combination for frequent roaming customers... (For high speed data I use EVDO + Verizon Pocket router)

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 2