Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shadow

PC not booting up - need help!

Hello fellow rimwebians

I got a strange problem with my pc, when i try to boot it up it doesnt boot, no beeps no display not even the sms fan and cpu fans are starting , though mother board is getting power ?? What could be the problem with my pc my initial google searches ended me no where,pleasw help me in this regard

thank you

Yeak k, But my motherboard is getting power i could charge my phone over it

Or you can try to check SMPS got failed or Not....with starting a power and one short wire OR Multimeter

RAM also need to be tested - possible that it w'd have jumped out of the slot or dust prevents the contacts.

Just remove the RAM, dust it out and fix it in the slot properly and start the PC.

It could be a defect with the SMPS since the SMPS and CPU fans are not rotating when you switch on the PC. The power required by the motherboard is minimal and therefore the SMPS is able to just provide power for that. However, it is not able to sustain the additional power requirements of running a PC and therefore nothing happens.

In addition to changing SMPS, I would suggest carrying out the following if you are not a noob as far as PC is concerned: -

(a) Open up the CPU case. Make sure that you and the screw driver you use are grounded prior to this.

(B) Remove the memory stick (s) and clean the contacts using a normal eraser. Also if you have a source of compressed / pressurised air, then blow the memory card slots on the motherboard to remove dust, foreign objects, if any.

© If you have a display card, remove the card and clean as above.

(d) Check that the fans are functioning properly when the power is switched on. Clean the fans and contacts as appropriate.

(e) Remove and re-fit all power and data cords to the DVD drive and Hard disks

Regards

This can be coz of battery on mobo. Try starting the pc after removing it or replacing it with a new one....

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

I cleaned it using a blower, specially used for pcs and leaned all theother parts , so its not because of dust,

It could be a defect with the SMPS since the SMPS and CPU fans are not rotating when you switch on the PC. The power required by the motherboard is minimal and therefore the SMPS is able to just provide power for that. However, it is not able to sustain the additional power requirements of running a PC and therefore nothing happens.

In addition to changing SMPS, I would suggest carrying out the following if you are not a noob as far as PC is concerned: -

(a) Open up the CPU case. Make sure that you and the screw driver you use are grounded prior to this.

(B) Remove the memory stick (s) and clean the contacts using a normal eraser. Also if you have a source of compressed / pressurised air, then blow the memory card slots on the motherboard to remove dust, foreign objects, if any.

© If you have a display card, remove the card and clean as above.

(d) Check that the fans are functioning properly when the power is switched on. Clean the fans and contacts as appropriate.

(e) Remove and re-fit all power and data cords to the DVD drive and Hard disks

Regards

RAM also need to be tested - possible that it w'd have jumped out of the slot or dust prevents the contacts.

Just remove the RAM, dust it out and fix it in the slot properly and start the PC.

I tested ram i have one extra so checked with it no use :-( i will try changing battery

as the fan of smps is not powering up, most likely the smps gone faulty..

as the fan of smps is not powering up, most likely the smps gone faulty..

I will try with my friends smps tmrw and tell u ,and thanks for the inputs :-)

Try calling up a technician as well, you might spend a few bucks but better than tinkering and making a mess of it!

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

issue solved or not????

issue solved or not????

Not yet waiting for my friend with his pc so that i rule out the exact problem

I replaced my smps and did a try with out installing anything that is ram hdd etc it started, later when i installed all the components same thing motherboard gets power neither cpu fan smps start speaker dont give out any beeps,i removed again all the components still dont work ?? what is faulty here ??

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1

If you have a LAN card (internal) or a display card, try and remove that and then restart your PC. Defect on either of these could also result in your PC not starting up considering that you have replaced your SMPS and not got any success. Further, if you have more than one memory module, try and start by removing them and inserting them one by one. Remove connections for your DVD drive. If you have more than one HDD, then remove connections and use them one by one. Any one faulty component could result in this situation.

Regards

Rahul

I tried booting up only with mobo cpu and smps no ram,hdd,or graphic card attached

^ try booting up only with mobo+cpu+ram. Just connect power connector(s) and onon/off switch wire to mobo. remove every other connection..

Yeah thats what i did, it worked for the first time i connected my smps today and i connected components and i removed all of them except cpu and its the same

I hope i found the solution its my power button, when i used pencil(graphite conductor of electricity) to short the power pins i could see the cpu fans speeding up :-)

Yahoo it booted !! The problem waswith the frontpanel power button !!!! I will get a new cabinet tmrw this one Is already a piece a crap now got a reason to change :-) any deals on cabinet,all in one printer and dvd combo ??

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1

Well done man! Congratulations! Self help is the best help!

Well done man! Congratulations! Self help is the best help!

Ha ha yeah previouslyi had a bad experiance withtechnician, he bent all the processor pins and said i did it, so i do all the things my self

good to know that at last the issue is diagnosed..

Well each day is a learning experience! The solution is something that has escaped all our attention. Glad to know your PC is up and running!