Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update your Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch D-710 To The Latest Official, Leaked and Custom ROM

My computer runs on Windows XP. Few days back, my software guy re-formatted Win XP on my comp. Whenever I connect my Samsung Epic Touch 4G via USB to the computer now, it opens up the MTP Media Player window. Also, the phone does not show as a drive in My Computer.

Before the XP formatting, I used to get the SPH-D710 drive with options to open the SD as well as External SD cards as soon as I connected the phone to the comp via USB.

I think I have checked all the settings, but I'm not able to get around it. Maybe I'm missing something.

Please help.

on your phone

Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging

USB debugging should be checked ON.

probably that'll solve your problem.

I have GB 2.3.6 stock rom & it works like that. But, for other options, there may be similar settings available.

I'm on GB27 Android 4.1.2.

I already have USB debugging checked on.

Problem not solved. :(

^^^

Its not the phone, its the XP without proper MTP support,

you have two options

Install XP update for MTP support

or install an app on phone (which name i forgot), it will change MTP protocol to Mass storage device.

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 1

^^^

Its not the phone, its the XP without proper MTP support,

you have two options

Install XP update for MTP support

or install an app on phone (which name i forgot), it will change MTP protocol to Mass storage device.

USB mass storage enabler, can be downloaded from playstore

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions Hiteshji and Doctor saab.

I tried a lot of workarounds but could access only the External SD card with the 'USB Mass Storage Enabler' as suggested by the good doctor.

Then I found 'USB mode switch for SGS1 on CM' on the playstore. After installing it, I'm able to access both the Internal and the External memory on the phone as Removable Drives on My Computer.

Problem solved.

But I'm still missing the SPH-D710 drive which used to earlier automatically open up in My Computer.

Well ....... Beggars can't be choosers!! :)

<p>Are you installed the driver of SPH D-710's on your PC after it is formated ? :unsure:</p><p> </p><p>Triggered from Transformer 300 using Tapatalk HD</p>

<p>Are you installed the driver of SPH D-710's on your PC after it is formated ? :unsure:</p><p> </p><p>Triggered from Transformer 300 using Tapatalk HD</p>

Yes, Uninstalled all previous Samsung drivers, rebooted, installed new samsung drivers, rebooted .......

But still the SPH D-710 drive won't show up!!

Since yesterday, My ET4G has stopped vibrating. Now, phone won't vibrate on incoming calls, text notification, haptic feedback, etc.

I checked all the settings, they seem to be fine. Haptic feedback is turned on, Vibrate when ringing is turned on, Vibrate intensity is turned to full.

Am i missing something?

Could it be a hardware issue?

Anyone else facing this problem??

Yes, Uninstalled all previous Samsung drivers, rebooted, installed new samsung drivers, rebooted .......

For this you can use this patch WMFDist11-WindowsXP-X86-ENU.exe it may solve your MTP issue on XP.

or just update to WMP11 full from Ms website.

Since yesterday, My ET4G has stopped vibrating. Now, phone won't vibrate on incoming calls, text notification, haptic feedback, etc.

I checked all the settings, they seem to be fine. Haptic feedback is turned on, Vibrate when ringing is turned on, Vibrate intensity is turned to full.

Am i missing something?

Could it be a hardware issue?

Anyone else facing this problem??

This is not an common issue, some times just normal reboot solves it,

also it can be hardware issue as well.

• Like 1

I've rebooted several times, removed battery for a long time and restarted, but still the same problem.

Before going for a hardware check, I thought maybe I should try a factory reset.

I'm on rooted Android version 4.1.2, software version GB27.

Is it safe to do a factory reset on this phone?

Yes its safe to do factory reset, but make sure you have backup your data

Also your min number

• Like 1

If you have Rooted with Recovery installed then Wipe Dalvik and Cache under Recovery Mode before Factory reset. Reboot and see.

Edited by amitroutray

My phone is rooted, but without Recovery. So, I used Root Explorer and wiped Dalvik Cache and Data Cache. Rebooted. No joy.

Then I backed up all necessary stuff and did a factory Reset.

Still vibrate problem persists.

I think it is a hardware issue.

Advice please!!

Should I take it to an authorised Samsung Service Centre or can some Rimwebians guide me to their trusted hardware guys in Mumbai / Navi Mumbai?

Pm me if required.

For this you can use this patch WMFDist11-WindowsXP-X86-ENU.exe it may solve your MTP issue on XP.

or just update to WMP11 full from Ms website.

Hiteshji, Thanks for this tip. But, I'd rather not go down that road as My Win XP is not original and one needs to validate the copy of Windows before getting the Win Media Player 11 update. :(

Anyway, like I posted earlier, I had found the workaround by downloading 'USB mode switch for SGS1 on CM' from Playstore which shows both your Internal and External SD cards as drives on your PC. So that problem is solved.

Any updates for the ET4G SPH-D710???

I'm running Android version 4.1.2, ROM GB27

When can we expect to take a bite from KitKat?

Thanks in advance!!

Any updates for the ET4G SPH-D710???

I'm running Android version 4.1.2, ROM GB27

When can we expect to take a bite from KitKat?

Thanks in advance!!

I dont think epic touch will have kitkat.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

I have Samsung Epic 4G Touch, was working perfectly since last 8 months> Bought only through Rimweb member.
But One day suddenly it started booting , but after Galaxy SII silver boot screen , it not progressed .
I took out battery , tried to boot again.but not succeeded so i tried to flash it with many ROMS including stock one but not able to restore it again .It always stuck at "boot.bin" so not booting!!
Need help from forum!!
Thanks please!!

I'm running GB27 on my Sprint Samsung ET4G model SPH-D710.

I've noticed a lag in the phone since the past few days. Sometimes when the phone rings, the screen goes blank and comes alive after a few seconds. Scrolling sometimes is very slow.

I was on Stock 4.0.4 before I rooted to GB27.

To solve all problems, I want to start afresh by re-installing GB27. I want to wipe all data on Internal and External SD card. Don't know how many unwanted files have found their way to my SD and Ext SD card.

Will I have to go back to ICS before I re-install GB27?

Please give me a detailed method to do so or Links for the same.

Thanks all.

Just use a restore tar file. It will wipe all ur internal data automatically. Make sure u have a backup safe.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

My e4gt ws working fine except few hangs everyday(its working on 4.0.4)

Bt day bfore i dropped it accidentally and nw it keeps on restarting evry nw nd then

Even after replacing battery it reboots itself before pressing power button

Is it a hardware problem or software one?

Is there any solution available

Pls help

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I think it is a hardware problem as you dropped it. If recovery installed then wipe Cache and Delvik and see what happen.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I am on GB27 one click odin rooted.. how to install recovery like CWM on it?? pls explain..

I am trying to flash a font through custom recovery following XDA thread.. Now I can flash it but font has not changed.. The developer is asking to do wipe delvik cache for which I can't see any option in recovery.. As far as I know I haven't installed any recovery.. I could only see reboot system, apply update from ADB, apply update from ext storage, wipe data, wipe cache partition and apply update from cache options in recovery.. By the way I went to recovery by pressing volume up + Power button..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I have a U S Cellular ET4G SCH- R760 running on Stock Android 4.0.4. Build FK19.

I want to root this device.

Can someone please post the method? Or point me to a link?

Thanks

Edited by ashishsethi

Hello friends... Today when I reboot my phone most of apps on SD card disappeared. Did battery pull reboot several times but apps are not yet visible. Is that anything to do with AGAT recovery I installed today? This issue occurred previously also but the apps reappeared then. Pls help.

Hello friends... Today when I reboot my phone most of apps on SD card disappeared. Did battery pull reboot several times but apps are not yet visible. Is that anything to do with AGAT recovery I installed today? This issue occurred previously also but the apps reappeared then. Pls help.

If you have agats recovery then try and wipe cache and dalvik .

And see if that helps

This happens due to change in directory paths I suspect

Sent from SM-N900P - NOTE 3

• Like 1