Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
phonegeek

HTC Announces 8X , its Flagship Windows Phone 8 Smartphone

HTC has announced its flagship Windows 8 smartphone - HTC 8X .

41171996.jpg

Consider this Microsoft's ultimate blessing, or merely a way to guarantee household name recognition. Whatever the case, the company's next-gen Apollo OS is not only powering HTC's newest mobile movement, it's also the headliner. That's right, as clunky as it may initially seem, Windows Phone 8X is the official moniker of the OEM's brightly hued flagship series, an alphabetical denomination that puts it on premium standing with the One X line. And thanks to the loosened spec restraints made possible by WP8, this modern-minded, unibodied beaut reps a 4.3-inch 1280 x 720 Super LCD 2 display with Gorilla Glass 2 coating, dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor buffered by 1GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, WiFi a/b/g/n, NFC and an integrated 1,800mAh Li-ion battery. There's also quadband radio support for GSM/GPRS/EDGE, HSPA/WCDMA (850, 900, 1900, 2100MHz) and, of course, LTE for stateside carriers.

Though the 8X may share the same boldly colored, polycarbonate construction of its live-tiled Lumia frenemies, it also stands apart with the inclusion of two HTC-specific features: Beats Audio, replete with a built-in amplifier, and ImageChip for continuous shooting. And speaking of optics, this device's dual camera setup packs the combined punch of a 2.1-megapixel front-facer with 88-degree ultra-wide-angle lens and an 8-megapixel rear module with an f/2.0 lens accompanied by a single LED flash -- both capable of 1080p video capture.

While the veil of mystery surrounding this latest tech industry collaboration may have just lifted, you'll still have to wait a bit before it heads to retail. After all, Microsoft's planning its own WP8 coming out party for late October -- a reveal that should finally give us a full look at the smartphone UI formerly known as Metro. With a ship date set for sometime this November, the 8X will be available in four distinct colors - California Blue, Graphite Black, Flame Red and Limelight Yellow -- on over 150 carriers worldwide. No word on final pricing as of yet. So, until then, sate yourself with this first taste. Official PR after the break.

Source : http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/19/windows-phone-8x-by-htc-4-3-inch-720p-display-lte-dual-core-s/

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 4

If hTC name was not there on the bezel, this looked like a Nokia Lumia visually! :P

• Like 2

I was a windows fan before I switched over to Android. Used 3 phones and was in complete love with them.

Now it must be much improved still I'll remain stuck to Android only because I'll not get enough applications there.

With Apple after Google they will try and guard their flanks. Windows is the best option.

Windows Phone OS is promising,

I am using Lumia 800 since the launch as my main handset, and I never felt that it's missing something. With Nokia advantages, it's even more useful.

Now HTC has shown more interest in investing actively in platform, this will be even interesting.

And yes, the 8X features Beats audio with inbuilt Amp, that's something never happened in a smart phone.

Still Lumia 920 wins here, but audiophiles will love this phone.

I hope Windows 8 App library will increase in the days to come. However, the only drawback is that older phones will not be compatible for an upgrade to Win8 OS :(

both seems to be twins!!!! :winko:

I hope Windows 8 App library will increase in the days to come. However, the only drawback is that older phones will not be compatible for an upgrade to Win8 OS :(

I checked my purchase history and realized that I have installed more than 300 apps so far, but the apps which I use day to day and frequently are not more than 20. Others I just installed to try and never used again.

So what matters is the quality of apps, not quantity of apps. WP OS has lot of features which fills the requirement of many apps.

Just saying.. ;-)

Sorry for digging out a very old post

Has anyone tried this phone?

or for that matter Windows 8 on Reliance CDMA network?

Edited by Bablus

Windows 8 can be used on reliance cdma on the Nokia LUMIA 822 albeit without reliance data. Only calls and sms work for cdma in lumia 822 and for data u have to rely on wifi.

Thats sad

HTC 8x on R-CDMA..!! it works.. confirmed by one of the gurus.. with 1x data.. EVDO not confirmed.. let him throw some light on the issue..

tapped from my phone...

• Like 1

HTC 8x on R-CDMA..!! it works.. confirmed by one of the gurus.. with 1x data.. EVDO not confirmed.. let him throw some light on the issue..

tapped from my phone...

Aalok bhai halogen dalana, ordinary light se kaam Nahi chalega.

Send it to me for evdo testing....

• Like 3

Yes i have used this set - liked the metro UI a lot specially integrated interface,

tapped from my phone...

I dont have eVdo activated but i had taken this on roaming in evdo network it showed 3G so technically it should work, i have one more info from one user who confirmed me evdo

anushka7.jpg

• Like 1

Great to know

If someone has preconfigured set for sale, I would be interested to experience Windows 8

Great to know

If someone has preconfigured set for sale, I would be interested to experience Windows 8

Can be arranged on demand