Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anujit

Samsung A563 Pc Sync S/w

Hi All!

I have been looking all over for any software which I can use to download ringtones & wallpapers to my Samsung A563 handset to no avail (Samsung PC Link, Snap Media, Easy GPRS etc etc etc). Can anyone help me with this? :eek:

Incidentally, I found a nice software on Samsung's main website called PC Link 2000. The version that Samsung allows you to download from their website is PC Link 2003 - India. This version only allows you to sync your phone book. For people like me who receive a billion messages a day, downloading my sms to my pc and deleting it from my phone is extremely important. PC Link 2000 allows you to do that as well as sync your organiser, tasks etc. Only drawback -- NO RINGTONE/WALL Paper support!!!! :P

The software is spanish mind you. but fairly simple to use and understand even if you dont understand spanish, easier still if you have used PC Link 2003.

:D

http://www.samsung.com/Support/productsupp...pe=SW&language=

i had an english version which could not detect my phone..

does this one works??

All the versions work fine!

As for the problem with not being able to detect your phone - you have to select the correct port for the phone. By default it selects COM 1 - but of course thats a regular serial port. Find out which COM port your phone is using - this usual stays fixed and doesnt change each time you connect/disconnect your phone to your computer. Then go to the configuration option & select the correct COM port and you'll be up and running!

are u able to add ringtones to this handset?

are there any other problems in software of this handset?

I cant add it through Samsung's Software.... (although the software allows it - it is described in detail in the help file).... the option doesn't display when I plug in my phone!

However I can upload tunes & wallpapers just fine using MMS!

u can add ringtones to samsung a563 thru bitpim ... i posted the details earlier

Yes you have Chandra, however I have not managed to get that to work! So its MMS MMS & MMS for me!

How do we add ringtones via MMS to A563....is it possible to send MMS from/to GSM phones....how can we add ringtones through MMS which arre not available in R World...... Please help....I have a Samsung A 563

You can send an email from a program like Outlook after configuring the mail sender as your mobile number. Complete details in the Technical Section of this forum.

I don't think you can send or receive MMS from GSM phones as yet (or even a Tata CDMA phone possibly).

Is it possible to convert Reliance CDMA phones to GSM .... i have a Samsung A 563 and what to get out of this reliance network...Please help

You can send an email from a program like Outlook after configuring the mail sender as your mobile number. Complete details in the Technical Section of this forum.

I don't think you can send or receive MMS from GSM phones as yet (or even a Tata CDMA phone possibly).

21721[/snapback]

is this handset still available?

Hi ..... everybody.........if any body interested me too will be selling the sch a563...just like Anujit........Ha ha.... out of Reliance net!!!!!!!! :clap:

No Hada, I'm sticking with RIM. I think its fantastic (except for signal strength in some places)! I want to upgrade my phone. Or since Reliance isnt offering a better phone than my 563 - A DOWNGRADE!!!! :clap::grin:;):o

No ........just joking..........

In fact RIM is just fine and made my life lot easier as i am always on move and require a lot of connectivity. But i agree with you.....no better handset than 563...indeed