Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

iPad Mini CDMA Query

I purchased the iPad mini from reliance stores in india and using with GSM sim for the last 3 months. When I observed recently, It is CDMA model which was sold in india. It has MEID and and IMEI both. Now my question is can we assign reliance or tata docomo or BSNL non-ruim Number to this for working CDMA network or can we use RUIM directly??

There are two different models of iPad Mini with Cellular Radio. >> http://www.apple.com/in/ipad-mini/specs/

Model A1454 has only GSM 3G radio whereas Model A1455 has CDMA EV-DO Rev.A and Rev.B + GSM 3G.

Looks like you're lucky to get your hand on model A1455.

Just try with a CDMA OMH SIM Card (Which is EVDO activated from the backend) to check whether data works.

Since this model also has LTE, my hunch says that it should work with CDMA SIM data in the same way as some other imported LTE phones are working. Because theoretically iPad MiNi is sold unlocked in india and should not be specific operator configured/locked.
  • Like 1

I tried with reliance RUIM. in settings under cellular data it is showing no sim but in the bar it is still searching for the radio.

Yesterday I observed that cdma tool is accepting pre orders for ipad mini. Anybody have any idea about the cost.

i am also having the same issue i also have A1455.. i put my CDMA sim (Reliance) with EVDO activated ... Shows No SIM ...

does anyone got any solution ...

Just now I received an email from dfs cdma tool that, it has released new tool for iPhone 5, iPad 3 iPad 4 and iPad mini. The video goes to show that it is working even on iOS 7. But they say that, it is only 1000 units minimum purchase.

is there any way to test this with minimum quantity. Parin has to say about a word regarding this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogvRyiwH3ZY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUP0mQ_rAm-gIfHsO4j5Q5Sw