Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

Netconnect+ from Postpaid to Prepaid

I am having a Netconnect+ datacard and now I have one more from my office.

So, I dont want to pay for the postpaid connection that is my personal.

I am thinking of going prepaid. This is simply because terminating the connection means the datacard is useless and cannot be activated again. Also, when required, a new card has to be purchased.

I want to know - if I go prepaid and if I dont recharge for long time, can I still retain the active connection by recharging when required ?

Also, can I opt for Rs. 94 recharge to get 1 GB allowance ? I want to recharge minimum.

As you say, I thing better you have do as our many rimweb member do like,

1. New prepaid Connection with OMH card.

2. Get Unlocked EVDO data card.

3. Active EVDO on connection.

4. Recharge Rs. 94 and get benefit for 6 month of 1gb.

Many of our rimwebien have multiple connections with this plan, Including me :winko:

You are right. Asked the CC twice and this 94 plan is not available for datacard.

Also Rcom is not showing that 94 rs. plan now - http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/rworld/HTML/MobileNet.html#an3

I will call you to understand the process in detail that you suggested.

^ better to check myservices.relianceada.com for currently available plans & packs. the link mentioned by you is not updated.. had a dent y'day only.. recharged my RGSM # for Rs. 99 (unltd. 2G - FUP of 6 GB) for 30 days and got 650 MB for 21 days..

tappa-talking from droid razr..

@Hiren, It was really nice talking to you.

Buying a new unlocked card is not a suitable solution for me. And the current datacard will not accept OMH sim (Or does it ?)

So the solution for me is to switch to Prepaid and get it recharged for 200Rs./ 6 months.

CC told me that if I get the datacard disconnected, it can be reactivated again and at that time the card will have a new number. However, they were not aware of the reconnection charges.

• Like 1

^ better to check myservices.relianceada.com for currently available plans & packs. the link mentioned by you is not updated.. had a dent y'day only.. recharged my RGSM # for Rs. 99 (unltd. 2G - FUP of 6 GB) for 30 days and got 650 MB for 21 days..

I dont have a prepaid CDMA connection. Still I checked on myservices but it is not showing any 94 Rs. plan.

Rs. 94 is for prepaid only.. and to check, you need to input prepaid # in instant recharge option.. this portal is linked with CRM and updated as soon as any plan is introduced/discontinued/altered.

• Like 1

Check it

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/prepaid/PlansandPacks.html?w=FB

Data & SMS Pack 94 Local + National SMS @ 10p+and 1 GB high speed 3G like data, FREE/month 180* 83.66

Regds.

HIREN

Its almost sure that 94 is not for data card users!

What you can do, convert your connection to prepaid. Here no issue, as r-world guys do it. Next you can unlock your data card, and probably there is no ruim slot, so you have install it from local mobile shop. Now get a reliance omh ruim (easily detected by black diamond sign) and recharge with 94 to enjoy 1GB/ month evdo.

Sent from my IRIS_501 using Tapatalk 2

@inception,

Do you mean one can install an RUIM slot in an data card ?

all cdma datacards are not unlockable.. :(

do you mean -

"all cdma datacards are not unlockable" ?

I have Huawei EC1260. Some sites are saying that it has an RUIM slot. I dont have the dongle with me right now. I will check this at the earliest.

If it has RUIM, can I just remove the ruim card and insert and OMH card ?

Installing ruim slot is not tough if someone is good at mobile repairing, but he messes up .....

It's not like that all datacards are not unlockable, we simply do not know the technique.

I have photon+ ec156, partially unlocked ie if I put omh ruim photon signal blocked as the device is reading ruim card but can not register to the network.

Sent from my IRIS_501 using Tapatalk 2

clearing the issue, with my limited knowledge, regarding unlocking of cdma datacards, following things are required:

i) Device with RUIm slot. (if RUIM slot is not present, one can get it fixed through any mobile repairing shop by paying 25-50 Rs.)

ii) SPC (all CDMA datacards/devices are having SPC). Reading SPC is tough, when it comes to Huawei devices. SPC is required to make the data card work through RUIM.

iii) Generic Firmware of particular device or compatible one. (The firmwares preinstalled in datacards are specifically designed for the operators).

• Like 1