Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Hi Guys,

Need some information, I am planning to buy a 42-46 LED from USA. This is what i am planning to do -

1. Buy 42"-46" LED from EBAY
2. Will try to keep the deal under 35k, as limit is 35k if i am not wrong ( i am open for refurbished / used)
3. Ask my friend (one who's traveling from US to India) to claim this under oversized baggage.
4. Put a "fragile" sticker on LED box
5. Almost all LED are Global ready & they run both 110V & 240V. Need inputs here
6. No idea on how to convert NTSC to PAL. (will use this LED for X-BOX[PAL] and Movies[.mkv] via USB)

Apart from the above, need your help on finding a good deal. You guys are local there, so need your help.

Bigger the size, lighter the weight, the better it is emsmile.gif

Thanks in advance.

You will get at same rates at Gaffar Market in Delhi; why take so much hassles.

• Like 3

mumbai, Shukla street. LED can be grabbed cheaper in DUBAI or bangkok, not in US. I recently bought now 40eh6030 samsung 43k

• Like 1

try grey market (manish market, Musaphir khana) in mumbai ...that will get you almost at the price you will bring from US

mumbai, Shukla street. LED can be grabbed cheaper in DUBAI or bangkok, not in US. I recently bought now 40eh6030 samsung 43k

the famous Street has lot of goodes to offer indeed,

please PM me or mail me the shop details as i will go for 4-5 in near future

genius@tclonline.in

PBx5g6LVMO_thumb.jpg

Is there any "grey market" in Pune where I can buy electronic product at cheap rates?

^^^ No idea about Pune. But you can always come to Mumbai get it. I think it will be still cheaper.

If countries like Singapore, Thailand or Dubai are selling television sets that are not only 30 to 50 percent cheaper than India rates, but also offer holiday packages, why won’t you buy it?

Given that there are is no duty on goods up to Rs 35,000, buying electronics in these countries makes sense. And now every day, almost 3,000 flat television sets are landing at Indian airports.

But here’s the catch: Since Indian companies like Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba are suffering losses, they have decided to penalise customers buying TVs abroad.

TVsets.jpg

Bought a cheap TV? Reuters

How? The electronics companies have decided to limit their support and service backup for imported models. According to a a report in Economic Timestoday, Sony and Samsung have decided not to provide any warranty, repair or installation support for imported sets. They also plan to exclude India from the purview of any international warranty coverage.

Panasonic has decided to charge the consumer for any component that needs to be replaced in the imported set even during the warranty period.

Industry body Consumer Electronics and Appliances Manufacturers Association (CEAMA) has also appealed to the finance ministry to put a cap of Rs 10,000 on TV sets under the free baggage allowance of Rs 35,000 per passenger. They are also in talks with their subsidiaries in Dubai, Thai nd Malaysian markets on ways to stop such imports and warranty coverage.

Read the Economic Times article here.

Funny thing is the companies mentioned as indian are not actually indian.on the other hand why are they selling at higher prices in india?

doubt if anybody calling authorised service centre after importing a TV set. For long, we are getting imported sets and seldom has any problems. There are many good service engineers across the country for repairing. The companies should rather focus on economising and try to compete imported sets rather than such restricting the spare parts.