Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dhruvdeshmukh

Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus - Microphone Works Only In Loud Speaker Mode

Recently purchased an S2 Plus handset. All was working fine. Suddenly the mic of the handset in normal mode stopped working. When put on loud speaker it worked well.

What could be the problem and the possible solution for it?

How can the mic work in loud speaker mode and not in the normal mode?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

May be some application installed is disturbing... Try removing the apps you installed or rest the device... Some times funny things happen that we don't expect... I remember... Once a guy had same issue after hrs of R & D... Finally found he had covered & blocked the mic hole with special mobile coating sheet... without seeing the actual set we can just keep guessing what all things can be possible... Good luck...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Switch off bluetooth on mobile and try to make a call

One more thing... Are you able to listen to mp3 songs...??? If by chance you had inserted headphones... The set still may be in headphone mode...!! <br /><br />Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

One more thing... Are you able to listen to mp3 songs...??? If by chance you had inserted headphones... The set still may be in headphone mode...!! <br /><br />

I think this must have been the problem cause on putting the headset in and out a couple of times, the phone started respinding normally.

good the problem is solved.... take care...

One more thing... Are you able to listen to mp3 songs...??? If by chance you had inserted headphones... The set still may be in headphone mode...!! <br /><br />

I think this must have been the problem cause on putting the headset in and out a couple of times, the phone started respinding normally.

Had same problem in my Kyocera Rise. If the problem keeps repeating, get this app from Market - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devandroid.headseticon

It puts a notification whenever there is an headphone inserted - that would help you find out if your phone is thinking there is a headphone inserted even when there is none.