Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SBINOYP

Tutorial: Activate Reliance CDMA on iPhone 4 CDMA (Cydia method)

Well, I got a CommCenter for iOS 7 from another website. Here is the details:

Iphone 4S has 2 bundles for rcom by default, did you tried restoring that Carrier list and PRL or you did it manually

can anyone guide how to get data on Iphone 4 verizon, i have transferred number and calls and data working perfectly . .

Amazing Post! You mention data working perfectly, still want guidance on how to get data!

dear rajan ji,

that was a typo, I was to mention that sms and calls working perfectly! . . . Sorry for typo error!

Well, I got a CommCenter for iOS 7 from another website. Here is the details:

Iphone 4S has 2 bundles for rcom by default, did you tried restoring that Carrier list and PRL or you did it manually

Hey,

I did it manually, not sure what you meant by "iPhone 4S has 2 bundles for rcom". I was trying on an iPhone 4 not 4S.

Let me know.

Hi SBINOYP,

My humble Request to please address my queries on getting my iphone 4 cdma into reliance

1.If possible please give me the link for Reliance prl file?

2.I don't have MIN number, neither WW person gave me, can you enlight on how to find MIN from UIM based device.

3.I jz have 20 Digit Decimal A-key, I wonder if that is to be used or convert to Hex deci and use it? while NAM

4. how to swap Reliance CDMA no. and MDN no to iphone? am afraid Reliance person din't done that while giving me A-key.

5. Hope for iphone 4 cdma sprint , the spc 000000 will work?

Thanks a ton in advance,

will appreciate alot if u can send me asap

rameshprabhu8891 in gmail

Hey guys, I sourced a VZW iPhone 4 16GB for my brother. He was eyeing on an iDevice for long. Myself being a complete opposite, have no experience with iPhone. I read somewhere that VZW/Sprint iPhone 4 can be flashed to RCDMA using iDFS with $50 credit. So what are the prerequisites for getting it done? I read that the iPhone needs to be JBed. Can someone guide me on that as well. Im not sure of its current ios version as the phone is yet to arrive (Custom cleared, just local shipping pending). Also is there any other less expensive method to get voice, sms and data working? Looking forward for your replies. Thanks.

Hey guys, I sourced a VZW iPhone 4 16GB for my brother. He was eyeing on an iDevice for long. Myself being a complete opposite, have no experience with iPhone. I read somewhere that VZW/Sprint iPhone 4 can be flashed to RCDMA using iDFS with $50 credit. So what are the prerequisites for getting it done? I read that the iPhone needs to be JBed. Can someone guide me on that as well. Im not sure of its current ios version as the phone is yet to arrive (Custom cleared, just local shipping pending). Also is there any other less expensive method to get voice, sms and data working? Looking forward for your replies. Thanks.

Hey,

Regarding prerequisites, you need to collect these items prior flashing -

• MEID Registration with Reliance
  • Get your AKEY & EVDO Credentials
  • Get your MIN / IMSI number from Web World or any Reliance guy.
  • Jailbreak the phone
  • Install OPENSSH (and AFC2ADD if running on iOS 7.x.x)
  • Purchase iDFS credit and proceed for flashing. BTW, as far I know, iDFS is the cheapest solution for CALL, SMS & DATA.

You can watch this video for a headsup on the programming process -

Some information you need during the programming -

• MDN: Your Mobile Number
  • MIN: Your Mobile Identification Number, Collect From Web World
  • AKEY: Has To Be Supplied By The Guy Who Registered Your MEID/RSN With Reliance
  • SID: 14655
  • NID: 25535
  • 3G USER ID: Your_MEID@hrpd.rcom.co.in
  • 3G PASSWORD: Has To Be Supplied By The Guy Who Registered Your MEID/RSN With Reliance

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi SBINOYP,
My humble Request to please address my queries on getting my iphone 4 cdma into reliance
1.If possible please give me the link for Reliance prl file?
2.I don't have MIN number, neither WW person gave me, can you enlight on how to find MIN from UIM based device.
3.I jz have 20 Digit Decimal A-key, I wonder if that is to be used or convert to Hex deci and use it? while NAM
4. how to swap Reliance CDMA no. and MDN no to iphone? am afraid Reliance person din't done that while giving me A-key.
5. Hope for iphone 4 cdma sprint , the spc 000000 will work?
Thanks a ton in advance,
will appreciate alot if u can send me asap
rameshprabhu8891 in gmail

Hi there,

I have the answers to your questions, so thought to write it here -

1. Here is the Reliance's PRL file - http://cdn.ipankaj.net/download/Reliance-CDMA-PRL.zip
  2. FYI, get your MIN number before swapping number to your new iPhone, without MIN it will not work.
  3. If you have decimal AKEY then it should be 26 Digits, not 20. Cross check with your MEID registration guy.
  4. You can swap your number from Reliance Web World.
  5. Yes, 000000 will work for Sprint.

Thanks

• Like 1

Very well explained reply. Hats off to you, Sir!

Can someone guide me how to jailbreak please? Complete noob with idevices. Asking here would be fastest and more reliable way, also it will save me the trouble of googling something of 0% knowledge. :P

Is the latest iOS version JB-able? Once flashing is done, will removing JB affect flashing? Any cautions to be taken post-flashing?

Hi there,

I have the answers to your questions, so thought to write it here -

1. Here is the Reliance's PRL file - http://cdn.ipankaj.n...ce-CDMA-PRL.zip
  2. FYI, get your MIN number before swapping number to your new iPhone, without MIN it will not work.
  3. If you have decimal AKEY then it should be 26 Digits, not 20. Cross check with your MEID registration guy.
  4. You can swap your number from Reliance Web World.
  5. Yes, 000000 will work for Sprint.

Thanks

+1.

@S.r. Prabhu

​You probably will only require just the 16 digit Akey in HEX, correct me if I'm wrong. Just for the sake info, 26 digit Akey is nothing but 20 digit Akey in dec + 6 digit checksum of ESN. You can calculate the 6 digit checksum yourself using the CDMA workshop software.

20 digit Akey is probably 12345678901234567890 as used by most MEID registrars. So 16 digit Akey in hex would be AB54A98CEB1F0AD2.

post-82766-0-66933000-1393953681.jpg

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

BTW which prl is considered best - 00005 or 00055 for someone who roams a lot?

@ev1lb0ygen1us Jailbreaking is the most easiest part of the entire programming process. Download "envasi0n 7", open it, connect your iPhone and hit jailbreak button then follow the onscreen instructions.

For PRL, in my iPhone version 00055 is working good.

Regarding jailbreak removal, if you program using iDFS or iPhoneCDMATool the. Removing jailbreak or updating iOS will not effect the programming. All functionalities will work fine, but if you program using commcenter patch then upgrading will reset the programming.

Hey,

Regarding prerequisites, you need to collect these items prior flashing -

• MEID Registration with Reliance
  • Get your AKEY & EVDO Credentials
  • Get your MIN / IMSI number from Web World or any Reliance guy.
  • Jailbreak the phone
  • Install OPENSSH (and AFC2ADD if running on iOS 7.x.x)
  • Purchase iDFS credit and proceed for flashing. BTW, as far I know, iDFS is the cheapest solution for CALL, SMS & DATA.

You can watch this video for a headsup on the programming process -

Some information you need during the programming -

• MDN: Your Mobile Number
  • MIN: Your Mobile Identification Number, Collect From Web World
  • AKEY: Has To Be Supplied By The Guy Who Registered Your MEID/RSN With Reliance
  • SID: 14655
  • NID: 25535
  • 3G USER ID: Your_MEID@hrpd.rcom.co.in
  • 3G PASSWORD: Has To Be Supplied By The Guy Who Registered Your MEID/RSN With Reliance

Thanks

I have a query. Since we have to manually input MIN number during flashing via iDFS, I'm guessing *228 programming is not possible with iphones. So do I have to buy iDFS credit again if I wish to switch to another MDN?

U don't need idfs for number change, just change min manually and u r done!

tapatalking.....

this process is also working on iphone 4s verizon?

Originaly this is Verizon Iphone & has been Unlocked by Us to Work on Reliance CDMA Network

This Iphone 4 are running in iOS 6.0 and are Untethered

So if you power off your phone or it goes off when battery goes over, you have to Connect the Phone to PC

How can i get my No transferred on IPhone 4?

Ans: U need to Visit Nearest Reliance Web World Along with RSN Provided by us to get the No transfered on Iphone, U can Also Use Handset Change Card (HCC) to transfer the No

I'm yet to flash my VZW iphone 4 to RCDMA using iDFS. I found this mentioned in one of the eBay listing. I dont understand the "power on by connecting to PC" thing. Is the guy using iDFS method? He seems to be guaranteeing that data works, so I'm guessing its not cydia method. And one need MIN beforehand to use iDFS, right? I bought this one for my brother, porting will be done in couple of days. If I dont intend to keep JB, will I face "power on by connecting PC" issue? Please someone fill in for me. Also I'm hoping that MIN number can be read using a RUIM modem.

WW cant give the MIN without putting a request in the backend via Email. Just get your number transferred to a RUIM,

*228, Put it in a phone which is in RUIM MODE, connect DFS, send SPC and read NAM. MIN will be there on the top left as shown in pic.

post-81420-0-72980300-1395055058_thumb.p

in the pic marked in red is your min.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Thanks. This is what I had in my mind. BTW your MIN is still visible in the top left. :P

BTW iPhone 4 CDMA users, please help clarify me on the "Power ON by connecting PC" thing.

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

Another method to getting min

Get your reliance nbr omh.insert omh sim in any cdma smartphone.

Ex:s3 usc,razr m....

Go setting>aboutphone>status>min.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by vahidmomin

So my iPhone 4 is running iOS 6.1.3. I heard that the latest 7.1 is not yet JBable. So I'm planning to use redsn0w's tethered JB. I should be fine if remove JB after flashing with iDFS right? Tethered will be troublesome for my brother, as I bought it for him.

Guys I tried JBing iPhone 4 6.1.3 using redsn0w's tethered 6.0 JB. It seemed like everything went well. I booted the device using "Just boot", but after booting I could only find newstand app. All other icons seemed to have disappeared? What did I do wrong? What should I do now? To retry how do I go back to 6.1.3? First time JBing an iPhone (hell, first time holding it so close clear.png). Complete noob! Please help.

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

Do not worry. Try the following:

1) try 'semirestore' .. You can google it and download.

2) try hard resetting (by holding power and home buttons together).

3) you can do a full restore from redsnow if you have shsh blobs of current or any previous ios.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk