Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
::: VA :::

Screen Guard For Touchscreen Devices - They Are Really Worth It!

I was always adverse towards screen guard on any device sporting gorilla glass. Gradually outdoor usage proved fatal and I saw faint scratches on the devices. Somehow I thought they were as strong as my watch glass which has sapphire glass and withstand any abuse for years without any scratch.

Now initially I just went for any cheap cheap screen guard which was cut for my model. But continued to despise the finger prints, reflections and sticky surface with sweaty palms.
I accidentally bought anti glare matte screen guard for my dad's tablet and it changed everything. Screen wouldn't show my face in reflection even when outdoors. Rarely saw finger prints and best of all given the humid weather or sweaty fingers, touch would glide much better. As somehow now the fingers feel less frictions or stickiness. I am amazed how much it has improved the response and speed.
If you have a big screen touch phone or tablet which most of us on this forum have. It's worth every penny to spend a little and get this on your screen.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by ::: VA :::
  • Like 4

I never used one on gorilla glass and for last 5 years no gorilla glass screen gathered any slightest scratch from my usage.

agree.

i'm eagerly waiting for a screenguard for my nook to arrive.

umm, can we get something like custom sized screenguard for any device from a local market. actually i never attempted to find any.

@tapatalk/MOTO-XPRT

agree.

i'm eagerly waiting for a screenguard for my nook to arrive.

umm, can we get something like custom sized screenguard for any device from a local market. actually i never attempted to find any.

@tapatalk/MOTO-XPRT

If you don't find it in your local shop as its difficult or on common online sites. Try fommy co.in

I have bought few items from them. They have accessories for most devices.

• Like 1

I never used one on gorilla glass and for last 5 years no gorilla glass screen gathered any slightest scratch from my usage.

Lucky for you mate. I am often traveling near nature and gorilla glass hardly withstands it , too often on road.

Well gorilla does offer protection.

But in my experience I can't say 100% protection.

As in it definitely prevents deep scratches. But superficial scratches and marks are inevitable with daily usage with sometimes keys in the same pocket as mobile.

My experience is based with s2 s3 HTC evo 3D, HTC evo lte and HTC evo 4G.

Never used a screen guard on my photon but only a back cover purchased from Ankit. The screen, touch wood, is still holding good without any scratches till date. (I travel quite a lot across Northern and Western India as a trainer).

Matt surface of the Flip-flop's inner portion (comes in contact with the screen) gets dirty on usage.

Use 'Alcohol Swab*' to clean it. It looks very neat like new one.

callmate-flip-case-battery-cover-replace

*Alcohol Swabs costs Rs.2/piece and available in medical stores (normally used for cleaning before injection; are sold individually wrapped in sterile & water-resistant packages and are intended for single-use) .

Edited by admirer2000
  • Like 3