Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
city02

self drive rental in delhi of automatic

has anyone tried this option?

http://www.mahindracarsindia.com/2013/09/mahindra-reva-to-rent-out-e20-to-the-public.html

i think it would be the cheapest automatic rental for self drive [if not any car currently]

you will need to add VAT and insurance to the daily rental but it still seems like a good deal

i was thinking about how to deal with the recharging problem since the cord would have to be at least 10-20 m longer to reach from the parking to the nearest a/c plug [15 amps]

not to mention the hassle of cars driving over the wire across the road since there is no space for parking inside the house gates

assuming the theoretical range of 100 km max which will reduce with ac usage to below 90 km;

i'll try to take it for 2-3 days at a time and simply return / replace with a new rental so they can keep recharging at the store as i usually drive about 10-20km daily only in delhi

since i go almost monthly to delhi, i'll update with my feeble attempt to reduce air pollution and see if its a practical alternative to taking cabs around.

m&m should introduce a variant with power steering, solar roof and removable batteries which we can carry indoors for charging to make it more usable else it just a good concept which 99% of taxi users will never avail in the metros.

only those with enough parking will have the space to install the solar charging stations with batteries at rs. 1.5 lakh each ...

anyone driven any electric car yet?

at 5 cars per city, not much of a real option

I am surprised to see the overall price of the car... 8lacs?

^^^^

Even the batteries are costlier than nano car, which is relatively a bigger car.

Without subsidies from govt, it may not be attractive imho.

Sent from Droid MAXX using Tapatalk

Edited by KanagaDeepan

5 cars per city are too less imo.

Also initially many people would rush to try out the service as well as the performance of the car, and that would mean longer waiting time.

also its high time the Govt should consider giving subsidy to electric cars.

at 5 cars per city, not much of a real option

true, but they have to start somewhere;

my guess is that there are few takers so even with such low quantities they are readily available