Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
axiprash

Get tethering enabled in your LG G2 Sprint for any network

Dear friends,

got this from an R&D,

but definitely works....

So i tried it on 2 Devices that i Unlocked by the following post and then tried to make tethering visible.

First-of-all, unlock your phone by following post and just Thank & greet Mr. Vinodji Nayak, :-) (he isn't not good person..... because he the best person or can say a HELPING HAND for all) for the efforts he has taken to help all of Us.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36746-how-topermanent-unlock-sprint-lg-g2-ls980-for-gsm/

Now the Procedure to make visible the Tethering is jUst simple.

Just go to TotalCmd

and there you goto NetworkNeighbour

then to ADB

Then LG - 980XXXX your phone

and here you can SEE the folder "Carrier"

Download the attachment. (Previously/Original Attachment Uploaded again, Thank you Vinod SirJi for being continuously Serving and Helping)

Unzip the Attachment to Folder named Carrier.

"Please do not make any changes to the any files, as it is confirmed from many that it works with Charm." - Vinod Nayak

and then Just Replace the One with the "Carrier" folder that of Present in the Device.

and just Check the miracle.

Tethering enabled... :-)

i think you don't have to Reboot the device... in case you can't see the tethering .. u can reboot.

and for sure the results will be 'ailaaaa.... it's there' and enjoy

Just Give a Try Try, it will let u Fly, but if any mistake done, your device might Die :-P.

carrier.rar

Edited by axiprash
  • Like 5

Perfect, Wi-Fi hotspot will be under settings/more

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Edited by Vinod Nayak
  • Like 2

I think you may need to remove some files(for some privacy reason), I think you may got these files from some one in another forum who is on Sprint Network, just sending you message on what files you may need remove to better protect privacy of the files owner. It's not mission critical though.I think you may just need 'Wifi' folder from the 'Carrier' folder that is uploaded by OP. Some one with LG G2 may try & report.

Awesome. Thanks a lot OP. Been waiting for this. :)

I think you may need to remove some files(for some privacy reason), I think you may got these files from some one in another forum who is on Sprint Network, just sending you message on what files you may need remove to better protect privacy of the files owner. It's not mission critical though.I think you may just need 'Wifi' folder from the 'Carrier' folder that is uploaded by OP. Some one with LG G2 may try & report.

the files are removed, i checked each file from that folder you are referring, it does not reveal anything, just a phone number and a zip code, rest are network related, dun have to worry, cause that phone was sold with those things in it.

zip code and phone numbers cant reveal anything, lot of people anyway mention it on their profiles.

I've already sent a PM to OP & he responded back saying the files are removed. And it's not the phone number of the original person but the Sprint A/c number it's only nine digit number that's there and as I said it wasn't a mission critical thing to remove, but those files do no good there, hence I asked to remove them.

But do you(or any one) tried to copy just 'Wifi' folder see if that enables Wifi-Tethering as well. And one more thing is that for this to work, I think you don't have to unlock the phone first(by XDA member ysabsx method) to perform this method, since this 'Carrier' folder that is uploaded by OP itself contains all the files(property folder) to unlock the phone as well. Hence by copying this 'Carrier' folder to your phone will both unlock & provide Wifi-Tethering at a time.

Phone was unlocked in ZV8, I just copied the folder with the subscriber files, Wi-Fi Hotspot started to work in all modes. OP asked me test without the omadm folder. So since my Wi-Fi thing was already working I just deleted the folder rebooted and tested, it works fine.

One more person tried this without the subscriber files, for him it did not work, so we are still testing for now.

Oh, ok that's strange to find that it is not working so, as you know there is nothing in Subscriber folder related to Wifi or settings. I thought copying just' Wifi' folder instead of whole 'Carrier' folder will work, that's what I asked in my last post actually. Because while unlocking through @ysabxe method we are just(or already) copying 'property' folder into the 'Carrier' folder in our LG G2(we didn't copy whole 'Carrier' folder there we just copied just 'Property' folder there).

The second thing is, in my opinion(or guess rather because I didn't test it by myself), since the 'Carrier' folder uploaded by OP(@axiprash) also contains the 'Property' folder & all the files necessary for unlocking the phone, people will be good to unlock & get Wifi-Tethering enabled by just copying 'Carrier' folder provided by OP, there is no need to do unlock first(through @ysabxe method) and then again copy this 'Carrier' folder to our phone to get Wifi-Tethering. It will be simple for people to just get it working everything(both unlock & wifi-tethering) in one step, if it works this way(I'm sure it will work, just some one needs to test it out). Copying this 'Carrier' folder alone gives you both unlock & wifi-tethering.

I don't have G2 right now, otherwise I would've tested & posted results of both scenarios that I explained above rather than posting multiple posts with just ideas.

i didnt received from another forum... i just HAd a phone Purchased from Ebay - A used phone which was prvsly activated on Sprint and i Just Gave try, as i mentioned my OP that its an R&D, so just it worked...

Yeah dear, as per your suggestion i have deleted some personal files from that rar.

Thank you for your help.

There are values related to Sprint chameleon in the subscriber folder, i feel that adds a few properties in the default build. when i first downloaded the file, those files under subscriber folder were present when i copied it and over wrote the one in my phone.

I tested in GSM and NV mode connected to my laptop at office, below are the results for speedtest.net:

post-81420-0-50491700-1394378818_thumb.p

Now when i asked the author about posting it here and XDA, the author told me hes already posted here in our site, but got this message from a moderator which is mentioned below:

Hi, this is just to inform you that you may need to remove files or folder rather that are(is) 
revealing much more information about the owner(from whom you got these files from) than it is needed. 
The information such as his sprint a/c number & a/c type as such. So, I recommend you to remove the 
folder 'Subscriber' folder from 'OMADM' folder in the carrier folder. You may remove the entire 'Omadm' folder 
as it only contains 'Subscriber' folder. You may try & check if wifi tethering is working or now by just putting 
'Wifi' folder from this carrier folder(that you linked) in to carrier folder of your phone. It may work,
hence you remove all the other folders & upload only that wifi folder. I don't have LG G2 right now otherwise I would've tested.

And also if I may ask you what happened when you put the build.prop from Sprint customer 
that you got on XDA-Developers forum(yes I know that you asked for build.prop for wifi tethering on XDA-Forum, I've seen that thread).
Prashant • 9:52 AM

So i agreed to test the same mod without the subscriber folder files. i completely deleted the "OMADM" folder which hadthe related folder and files and rebooted.

The mod still works like a charm with everything else working without any flaws.

Though i checked all the files in the deleted folder, i still feel all those files are required to activate and get the hotspot working without messing other application. Because those files also have some chameleon data related values which i feel are added properties in the build.prop. Once the properties are added in build.prop, unless you delete it manually those will still be there & thats the reason my phone is working without any flaws even at this moment.

Before anyone could actually download the original mod from here, the OP had already removed the files related to subscriber folder because i confirmed that the mod works without those files in it.

I had told about this mod to garynsa, he tried the mod and it failed. Now that leaves us with only one conclusion. all the files that were present in the first upload still works like a charm. now this can be confirmed again by anyone who are ready to test it.

HOW TO TEST:

1 Take a backup of the system/build.prop file.

2 Copy and paste the folder present in this post carrier.rar

3 Reboot and TEST.

4 Compare backed up build.prop and the one thats currently present in the phone after copying the mod.

Please post your experience if you happen to test :)

• Like 1

@VinodNayak, LOL... that quoted message sent by me, not moderator.. I think he migh have mistook me as moderator(I feel happy though...lol). Any way kindly delete that message from your post.

Coming to the topic, I don't see any chameloen values in that subscirber folder except original owners a/c number, a/c type, bill cycle data, state, zip etc. I'll test it with G2 once I get my hands on one and will definitely share my findings. But as I said there is nothing in Subscriber folder that is related to Wifi or settings. But I want to mention that 'Property' folder that is included in this 'Carrier' folder(uploaded by OP) has more files(hence values) than in the 'Property' folder provided by @ysabxe, I still believe combination of those extra files or values combined with 'Wifi' folder in this 'Carrier' folder are enabling Wifi-Tethering. I may be wrong, because I don't have any device right now to test it out.

hiteshkkk1 tested & it worked without a reboot !! thanks to him for testing.

The OP needs to be updated with the diff download.

• Like 2

So I should try with this download ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes please

Yes it worked finally. Overwrote the entire folder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah that's how it should be done, copy the entire folder & replace it with the one in phone.

Its worked Perfect..Now wifi tethering activated.But my stock messaging app is crashing after this.Any help..??done factory reset,still issue remains same.

I had a similar thing but I kept copy of old apps folder n used that. It worked

Its worked Perfect..Now wifi tethering activated.But my stock messaging app is crashing after this.Any help..??done factory reset,still issue remains same.

Did you copy the contents of the folder or did you replace the whole folder?

Did you copy the contents of the folder or did you replace the whole folder?

copied contents to Carrier folder

That's one of the issues. Lucky u got the tethering to work. As mentioned earlier u need to copy the whole folder and replace the original

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Don't do that. Replace the whole folder, when asked weather to overwrite select yes.

• Like 1

Thanks guys..issue resolved after replaced whole folder..

i am still getting messasing stopped...

i have overwrite the whole carrier folder with one mention in op post..

also when i restatred first time after replacing carrier folder i got this error..

"Sorry

unfortunately sprint extension provider has stopped"

and then when i click on messaging app,it's not opening but showing wrror like messaging has stopped...

i am still getting messasing stopped...

i have overwrite the whole carrier folder with one mention in op post..

also when i restatred first time after replacing carrier folder i got this error..

"Sorry

unfortunately sprint extension provider has stopped"

and then when i click on messaging app,it's not opening but showing wrror like messaging has stopped...

If u have the original app folder within carrier try to replace that

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk