Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
varkey

How to read HDR / EVDO password from RUIM?

Is it possible to read the HDR or the EVDO password from the RUIM? This thread -- http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36996-tutorial-how-to-use-verizon-jetpack-mifi-on-other-cdma-sim-cards/ says it is easily available in some handsets and can be done using Logcat. Can someone please summarise the steps required to retrieve the same?

please help me to Read A-key from RUIM....

^ A-key cannot be read from RUIM.

Reading A-key is impossible from RUIM.

^ A-key cannot be read from RUIM.

Reading A-key is impossible from RUIM.

Ok, the thread is about the EVDO pass. Any pointers would be helpful.

Dr. Faramroz mentioned somewhere in the forum itself that note 4 is able to read HDR password..

tap'n frm HTC desire 816d on R-CDMA / R-GSM

Now no RCDMA SIMs can be read on any handset. The new SIM algorithm prevents any traces of passwords/keys. There are SIM reader dongles and a special RUIM reader software where the SIM can be rewritten. ruimtools.com

Sent from N900p

• Like 5

Can it be done with old RUIMs? Is there any free alternative to get the HDR password?

The reason behind heavy algorithmic coding on the newer RUIMs is that the head-end switching centre was receiving two or more same ESN/MEIDs with the same parameters registered in the same or nearby region. Some cloners even programmed NV phones by reading RUIMs and used the SIM on a simple phone for calling and an NV based phone for data/HSD based on SIM's identity. The quest doesnt end with the HDR password retrieval, most phones require SIM AKEY for using cloned data. Now that there are a variety of OMH SIM cards available suitable for most carrier phones, I cannot share cloning information. It is totally illegal and will be liable for prosecution.

• Like 8

Now no RCDMA SIMs can be read on any handset. The new SIM algorithm prevents any traces of passwords/keys. There are SIM reader dongles and a special RUIM reader software where the SIM can be rewritten. ruimtools.com

Sent from N900p

I got a R3 card reader but I find ruimtools menu confusing - How to use please guide

The reason behind heavy algorithmic coding on the newer RUIMs is that the head-end switching centre was receiving two or more same ESN/MEIDs with the same parameters registered in the same or nearby region. Some cloners even programmed NV phones by reading RUIMs and used the SIM on a simple phone for calling and an NV based phone for data/HSD based on SIM's identity. The quest doesnt end with the HDR password retrieval, most phones require SIM AKEY for using cloned data. Now that there are a variety of OMH SIM cards available suitable for most carrier phones, I cannot share cloning information. It is totally illegal and will be liable for prosecution.

they can still clone to use data , to use data You dont need akey... ?

Can it be done with old RUIMs? Is there any free alternative to get the HDR password?

I read in rimweb that axiom on 4.0.4 and some other handsets can read EVDO , not tried butin some old handsets it works . Try your luck...

I have two Moto Gs which are not MEID registered, so I thought if I can get the HDR creds from the RUIM I could use it as data only device and say a wireless hotspot.

Is this possible?

Vivek, for your concern.. use PM`s and someone might help you..

Dont think you can use Moto Gs as hotspot either.. afaik there is no way to "repair" the MEID on Moto G, so even if you write the HDR parameters on the phone, you wont be able to map the correct meid.

I think people were using Moto G on BSNL or TATA etc (search it) ... get them working on either and move on... fastrack style

• Like 1