Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
::Hitesh::

[Tutorial] Update Boost Moto G to 5.0.2 [lollipop]

Root is simple if you are already unlocked your bootloader. Even in 5.1 same root method works.

I am yet to flash 5.1 stock , so cannot comment on tethering.

But same 5.0.2 method should work

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Were you rooted before applying the OTA or you unrooted the stock rom?

If you were unrooted were you able obtain root after update?

no i had unrooted stock rom, and yes i just had to flash recovery and install SU and i got the root

Root is simple if you are already unlocked your bootloader. Even in 5.1 same root method works.

I am yet to flash 5.1 stock , so cannot comment on tethering.

But same 5.0.2 method should work

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

the option of tethering is missing from the settings itself , so tethering either by usb, bluetooth or hot spot.

I'm on Stock. If i install the OTA, do i need to re-configure the DATA and PRL settings again?

I'm on Stock. If i install the OTA, do i need to re-configure the DATA and PRL settings again?

i might have to flash the prl again....

Few problems:

1. Tethering is gone.

2. in DFS PRL Reliance_ID00005_IS683C.prl not present instead Reliance_ID00051_IS683C.prl is present. Configured using this calls and data work.

3. Home country is set to USA after programming. Before prl programming it was India.

4. Network displayed as chameleon.

Few problems:

1. Tethering is gone.

2. in DFS PRL Reliance_ID00005_IS683C.prl not present instead Reliance_ID00051_IS683C.prl is present. Configured using this calls and data work.

3. Home country is set to USA after programming. Before prl programming it was India.

4. Network displayed as chameleon.

i suppose no.1 is the problem and remaining 3 does not make any difference if data, sms and call are working....

• Like 1

Point 3 is problem as well. Whenever there is a +91 it converts it to 011 91. So its a headache.

Point 3 is problem as well. Whenever there is a +91 it converts it to 011 91. So its a headache.

i think you can switch off assisted dialing and there will be no problem and before doing that change the reference country to india.

as it is +91 does not work on reliance, so always enter a number in the phone book with prefix '0'

I don't use just 1 phone and I do travel abroad. So its not an option

dear hitebhai

mistakenly i have updated my moto g to 5.1 by OTA

i had mange to got back the network

but i m unable to call and receive

i went to reliance web they told me your handset is not active

but when i dial228 its shows activated

please help me

thanks

I too got the OTA update but after doing the update have lost calls and data. I did the programming once again and now on *228, I get " your phone is already registered" but when trying to make calls, it automatically gets cut. If I try to call the number form another phone, I get "switched Off" message.

I think A-Key is not getting written in DFS

any solution?

hi gurus, need some help with my cdma MotoG that was programmed from Boost and in to Reliance. Everything was working fine, but suddenly all outgoing SMS have stopped. every message i send fails.

Would anyone know what setting needs to be fixed please? Any help is highly appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance

Omi

Edited by rajanmehta
<< Topic Merged >>

It could also be MIN error I suppose. Is there any way to reprovision the phone over OTA by RCDMA?

It could also be MIN error I suppose. Is there any way to reprovision the phone over OTA by RCDMA?

hmmm. but if it was a MIN error then incoming calls would also have stopped working. But calls are working fine.

OTA reprovisioning seems to be have been stopped recently - when i try *228, nowadays I get the message that 'the phone has already been activated'. I think I need to check the settings with DFS, but not sure which settings would be the right one to fix :-(