Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cooladitya007

please suggest economical internet connection in Rajasthan circle

friends i need a internet connection at home for multi use 4-5 mobiles plus 2 laptops but max 2-3 devices will be used at a time so 512 kbps speed is enough.

till now i am using Spiderlink's 512kbps broadband plan (Rs.800 pm) based on wi-max technology but from past 2 months i am facing disconnection issue every now and then 40-50 times per day minimum some times more then that and they behave very unprofessionally when ever i file a complain and they are not able to solve this issue from past 2 months dont know why.

due to this random disconnection multiple times i have to face many problems while doing online transactions, paying bills, mobile recharges, ticket bookings and online shopping.

so please suggest me which connection i should go for?? i am open for any type of connection gsm or cdma or anything else.

oops i just forgot to share bsnl, airtel and reliance etc dsl broadband is not available at my location :(

i dont need very high speed internet but what i need is a stable connection which doesnt disconnect very frequently.

my budget is approx 700-800 pm max and i already have unlocked 3G (gsm) usb dongle and evdo (bsnl) usb dongle which is locked to bsnl if i am not wrong but it has a uim slot.

I wonder if there can be any place in india where bsnl broadband is not available.

Havnt u tried bsnl evdo??

i have used bsnl evdo 7 years back in kolkata and i was happy with its service i was getting around 800 kbps that time which was really good that time.

i remember before purchasing i got a demo unit from bsnl for 2 days though i have to pay full value of data card but that was ok.

but now they dont provide any demo unit or maybe not in jaipur or maybe because now bsnl evdo available only in prepaid no postpaid.

and no 1 use bsnl evdo in my circle so i have no idea is evdo available in my area?? if available then how is the signal quality and net speed so i dont want to spend Rs.2000 just for testing.

i visited bsnl office 3-4 times but did not get a solid answer from them.

Ok den check whether in ur area Rcom cdma evdo coverage available or not if yes Den u can go for 949 rs unlimited evdo plan of Reliance cdma in unlocked data card

what about mts?

i tried mts 100gb plan with1 year validity 5-6 months back but speed was very poor in my area i was not able to watch 144p youtube video without buffering on my mobile not even in off peak hours.

but in other area it was working better i was getting approx 400 kbps connectivity and in my friends native place he claimed 1-2mbps speed 24 hours.

You can try this option.

1. Unlock the BSNL-evdo based dognle to work with reliance cdma.

2. If 1 is not possible, buy such unlocked dongle (max 1000 Rs) for cdma.

3. Use reliance cdma evdo in this dongle for accessing internet.

4. Buy 3G router like this TL-MR3420 (http://goo.gl/pCbzKb) or DIR-506L-3G (http://goo.gl/FNL9Nh)

5. User this router for the dongle & have internet on wifi for all the devices.

6. Select prepaid plans from reliance cdma - rajasthan. 246 Rs - 3 GB, 147 Rs - 3 GB & son on for a month.

7. Or select any other pospaid plans, depending on your use/requirement.

I have used this combination in fast & in Baroda, Gujarat, average speed I get is 1.2 Mbps & sometimes even 2 Mbps. I have tried both this routers & both works well. It automatically connects to net if connection is dropped.

Hope it helps.

Wimax is a failure technology.. many using Reliance Wimax have suffered, which is why they shut down that business, to save whatever little reputation they had left..

Try any other WIRELINE broadband connection. Even the local cable operator should be able to give you one at a much better tariff compared to established players

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Edited by ACS

You can try this option.

1. Unlock the BSNL-evdo based dognle to work with reliance cdma.

2. If 1 is not possible, buy such unlocked dongle (max 1000 Rs) for cdma.

3. Use reliance cdma evdo in this dongle for accessing internet.

4. Buy 3G router like this TL-MR3420 (http://goo.gl/pCbzKb) or DIR-506L-3G (http://goo.gl/FNL9Nh)

5. User this router for the dongle & have internet on wifi for all the devices.

6. Select prepaid plans from reliance cdma - rajasthan. 246 Rs - 3 GB, 147 Rs - 3 GB & son on for a month.

7. Or select any other pospaid plans, depending on your use/requirement.

I have used this combination in fast & in Baroda, Gujarat, average speed I get is 1.2 Mbps & sometimes even 2 Mbps. I have tried both this routers & both works well. It automatically connects to net if connection is dropped.

Hope it helps.

nice idea i will try option 1 & 6 and i will also try mts maybe they improved the network in my area thanks.

Wimax is a failure technology.. many using Reliance Wimax have suffered, which is why they shut down that business, to save whatever little reputation they had left..

Try any other WIRELINE broadband connection. Even the local cable operator should be able to give you one at a much better tariff compared to established players

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

i agree with you even bsnl wimax also a failure if i am not wrong but in my case for first 6 months i did not faced so much connectivity issue, 3-4 times a day is ok with me.

i want to go with dsl/wireline broadband only but dsl not available in my area not sure about cable internet, i discussed with local people none of them aware of cable broadband.

:(

Hi aditya,

According to me you should go with MK Patel sir. you should try reliance cdma at once..

if the bsnl evdo dongle is prithvi make, unlocking not possible..

better is to buy unlocked ZTE ac2766 from eBay.in. ask the seller, before making your purchase, regarding the dashboard used in that. if its of MTS, go ahead. if chinanet, please dont as chinanet is very notorious with bsnl evdo, it may work or it may not.

flex..

i will try both rim and mts for sure i am not sure if that 100gb for 1 year mts sim still available or not but if i get that and speed is good it will be a good option for me.

i found my bsnl evdo data card its Zte AC8700 and it has a uim slot at back.

if i am not wrong i tried to unlock it long back but not remember it was successful or not.

never tried ac8700 so cannot comment on its unlocking.. still as suggested by silent_god, r-cdma is way better on unlocked dongle. i used to use 949 plan on ac2766, before that tried 4999 plan. and my monthly data consumption was around 200-250 gigs..

flex..

@cooladitya007,

Also, you may try one any of following two method for having WiFi signals throughout the home without buying a 3G router (cost may be around 1000-1500 Rs)

1) Use an old working Android cdma phone with WiFi hotspot feature.

I had one old HTC Rhyme cdma phone in past, in which SD slot was damaged so camera was unable to function due to no SD card storage. I started another cdma connection on this phone with mobile net plans & continuously running on hotspot mode & on charger.

Benefit was no spending money on router (if you have an old phone already) & Also, wifi range was surprizingly good.

Only problem was since phone was on continuous charging, battery went dead & sometimes, phone will switch off automatically.

2) Use your Laptop as WiFi hotspot with dongle.

Connect your dongle to laptop & start internet. Install a software available on net with a name "SeventhGate" This software will connect your dongle & wifi hardware of your laptop. That way you will have wifi signals from Laptop, that you can use for all your phone/tablet other laptop etc.

I have tried both these options & both works great. Only issue with 2nd method is dongle internet connection drops sometimes & then you have to open your laptop & connect again. However, recently, I have found out solution for that problem also. Kindly contact me through PM if help is required for the same.

Edited by silent_god

@silent_god @aalok thanks for great ideas i have 1 old cdma android mobile with wifi hotspot i will use that initially to check the network and will buy a used evdo data card if my bsnll data card is not unlock-able, how about unlocked zte ac2736.