Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
prash123

Problems With LG LSP 340E And Win Xp

Hi All,

i v'e got this strange thing. I have got LSP 340E. Earlier i could connect to internet happily using it, but one fine day it stopped, i tried to install the modem again through the rconnect cd, But it won't detect the modem. When i try to install the modem manually and connect.. it gives me error no. 692 Hardware Failure error. when i try modem diagnostics to talk to modem, it shows that modem is detected.I tried to switch of the Hardware flow control.. then the modem is detected but it says data service unavailable(in the phone display).. which is not true since i can connect to internet using my friends laptop.I am facing this problem since last 1 month. i tried several ways but to no success.Pl. help.

Thanks in Advance...

other details :

phone baud rate : 115200 same with modem

no.trying to connect :#777

r u using Win XP?

If yes, then problem is natural, cauz i've faced it many times.

problem is with service packs.

I think!

try to repair windows with its bootable CD.

everything will be fine.

I Got it at last. :D Now even though the reliance software as well as the os is still not able to detect my modem. here are couple of things which i did to succesfully connect to internet :

1>add this line to extra settings : AT+crm=1;$LGPKT=3 (crm should be in lower case)

2>set flow control to none in both com1 setting and modem setting. Customer support executive told me to keep it to 'Hardware' but its not working for me.

Thanks a lot Vishal for you reply.

i get this error while trying to connect to r connect

untitled1ig.th.jpg

i have tried using different data cables (but all cheap ones) and getting the same error

i have LSP340E

post-2733-1105188493.jpg

Did u try it on Win 98?

It should be a Windows problem.

First try it on Win 98 then tell the result!

Hi,

I had the same problem since past couple of days. It shows error : 630, Hardware problem, the device is turnedoff.

Should I need to reinstall the OS ? Using XP home edition.

Phone : FWP, LG

Thx.

Sometimes my phone suddenly "goes out of service area" and comes back in immediately. Thus, I get disconnected, and it does not reconnect until the system is restarted. This is getting to be increasingly frustrating.

My phone also goes out of service area sometimes and i got disconnected.

But it normally connects again, No restart required!

Hello everyone !

I am new to this forum and new to RIM. Just applied for a FWP under the freedom plan. The dealer offered me 2 kinds of cables. One the reliance supplies for a hefty price of Rs1200 and other for Rs350. Why is a simple serial cable to expensive ?

Would using a cheaper cable effect my data tranfer speed ?

And they never told me about the new LG LSI - 110. Would that have been a better choice. Right now the advantage of that cordless handset type phone is that it uses a USB cable and its connection/dialer software is available in this forum. That would have saved a some money. Anyway can someone also give me a link to driver/software for LSP-340E.

Its a lot of asking in a single post but I need to setup everything in 1 day before I leave for a 4 months trip.

Thanks in advance :lol:

nDD

1. Buddy download rconnect softie from the following link

http://www.relianceinfo.com/webapp/Infocom...nnectsearch.jsp

2. I am not sure USB & Serial data cable makes any difference

3. LSP 340E got an adavantage ove LSI 110, you can attend a call or make a call in LSP 340E when there is no data exchange, where as with LSI 110, if you remove the cordless from the base the line will get disconnected.

HAPPY SURFING!!!!!!!!

The dealer offered me 2 kinds of cables. One the reliance supplies for a hefty price of Rs1200 and other for Rs350. Why is a simple serial cable to expensive ?

26514[/snapback]

The Rs. 350/- Cable is enough. And it is also give the same data transfer. Don't waste your money.

Hello everyone !

I am new to this forum and new to RIM. Just applied for a FWP under the freedom plan. The dealer offered me 2 kinds of cables. One the reliance supplies for a hefty price of Rs1200 and other for Rs350. Why is a simple serial cable to expensive ?

And they never told me about the new LG LSI - 110. Would that have been a better choice. Right now the advantage of that cordless handset type phone is that it uses a USB cable and its connection/dialer software is available in this forum. That would have saved a some money. Anyway can someone also give me a link to driver/software for LSP-340E.

Its a lot of asking in a single post but I need to setup everything in 1 day before I leave for a 4 months trip.

Thanks in advance  :'(

nDD

26514[/snapback]

Hi,

RIM is taking very high amount for serial cable. I have purchased serial cable for Rs.100/- from Lamington Road. And you can download the RIM dialing software from there web site.

Bye

Hello everyone !

nDD

26514[/snapback]

Aftermarket serial cables for LG 340E are available on Baazee.com for Rs.99/- plus shipping. A CD with the necessary driver and R Connect software is included free.

USB Cable for FWP is available in the aftermarket verion (but not with either reliance or LG) for Rs.399/-. It usefull for laptops and newer generation PC which do not have a serial port.

Data speeds are same with original reliance cable or aftermarket cables. Just be sure you buy a cable with moulded connector for longer life.

I am importing datacables for all kinds of phones... This is just in case anyone is stuck with a bad supplier.. get in touch with me ... anyway my price of fwt/fwp serial port cable is Rs.65/- plus shipping...Rs.50/- for quantity of 100 nos...and usb port cable for cordless is Rs.30/- plus shipping... I hope this will give you fair idea of pricing .....

Well i am new to rinweb and while just exploring the site i found that many of the customes of rconnect have problems with ther fwps, i have lg lsp340e and i found that rconnect driver has some confict with the rpc producure in win xp, so many times due to this problem the connection hangs,

the solution to this problem is

1) disable the rpc call function in the settings of rconnect dialer

2) use other versions of windows eg 98,me,2000

3) use the tata dialer to connect to rconnect, i tried and the results are good though no change in brousing speeds.

Well i am new to rinweb and while just exploring the site i found that many of the customes of rconnect have problems with ther fwps, i have lg lsp340e and i found that rconnect driver has some confict with the rpc producure in win xp, so many times due to this problem the connection hangs,

the solution to this problem is

1) disable the rpc call function in the settings of rconnect dialer

2) use other versions of windows eg 98,me,2000

3) use the tata dialer to connect to rconnect, i tried and the results are good though no change in brousing speeds.

31818[/snapback]

Dear parth115,

But LG LSP340E dont need any driver other than standard 28Kbps modem inf entry

as long as you use serial connection between your phone and pc, use of

usb to serial converter have too many issues of there own.

The rpc thingy your'e talking about can be due to too many reasons.

see

http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=mic...nG=Search&meta=

Cheers ..........

P.S

Avoid munged software platform if you could, or ready to get crashed.