Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Many of you must have heard the buzz going on about the new PC/Mac compatible OS which the company claims should work on most Intel based machines. Its essentially an Android x86 project based Lollipop Desktop class operating system with multi-tasking in separate windows, taskbar, right click, notification, free updates and common ctrl commands.

Its basically in simple words Android for PC. Here is the official link http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc

Even though the official release is 12th Jan and its gonna be free for everyone. The way of things in todays date is leaked stuff online and so remix os is already available to download if you know where to Google.......

post-2507-0-28602000-1452428661_thumb.jp

Most of the times when we are on our systems its more for consuming content and less for productivity. Its the case at least with majority users. We need something that boots/shuts very fast and responds quick. Gives easy access to basic day to day tasks. Remix OS could be the answer, at least in making.

You get access to 1.5 million compatible apps in Google Play Store. Your favourite fun & productive apps. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. Angry birds or whatever you like most. It supports usb drives and hdd. Hopefully it can also breathe the much needed life in old discarded obsolete machines which can still run android faster than your average phone/tablet.

Download it now or wait for 12th Jan. You dont have to take the plunge putting in your HDD partition at first, just install it on a pen drive to run/test if it works and you like it. Please leave your experience/feedback here for rest of the members.

post-2507-0-02356000-1452428936_thumb.jppost-2507-0-71329600-1452428938_thumb.jppost-2507-0-55498500-1452428941_thumb.jppost-2507-0-86431300-1452428943_thumb.jppost-2507-0-10210100-1452428946_thumb.jppost-2507-0-19357000-1452428948_thumb.jppost-2507-0-49200900-1452428950_thumb.jp

• Like 9

Its been released officially and just a 725 MB file for those of you who dare to explore.

Here is the free official link

Download

• Like 1

using for the last 3 days on my surface pro 3 awesome

• Like 1

will it work well on old PC (5 yrs or older)

will it work well on old PC (5 yrs or older)

As long as it supports usb legacy boot and I think 64bit cpu required too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Needs USB 3 port which older PCs might not have

even many of the recent PCs would not have. better to stick with XUBUNTU/LUBUNTU then.

Using this OS in my desktop PC.Working with some problems (1) No audio output through HDMI cable. (2) WiFi signal not detecting through Belkin WiFi adapter (3) No playstore app installed (4) PC hard disk is not detecting.

Needs USB 3 port which older PCs might not have

Usb3 is preferred but not necessary. As long as you have a decent USB 2 drive with above 10 Mbps speed

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

On my PC, it is booting from USB, It shows checking data partition and then boots in windows. I faced this on my old laptop. While same worked on my colleague's PC. No idea what is the problem. Many have faced this problem and I doubt if there is a solution for this.