Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dr.faramroze

How to: Unlock GSM for Moto X 1st and 2nd gen US Cellular

Doctor on a spree. I tried on moto x 1st Gen and was successful in getting gsm signal. Calls sms working fine. Data somehow not working.

Thanks Doc for authentic n exclusive unlocks

• Like 1

hello sir its giving error after installing QXDM ERROR initializing Diag Server how to fix

hello sir its giving error after installing QXDM ERROR initializing Diag Server how to fix

I am also getting the same error? any solution @faramroze sir

Lastly item no 1877 and write 2622339 to rf_bc_config line

cant stick this value.

any soln

• Like 1

i changed all values as mentioned on the post also cross check again then insert gsm sim no network.

any step after reboot

network mode shows cdma/lte and cdma only

I have uploaded newer versions of qpst and qxdm in software section. Both these tools give errors on Windows. @Ankit bhai, you have to use sika shortcut maker.apk or shortcutmaster_lite_modded_LS990.apk to pull up apns settings. Do not try to change GSM cellular bands from *#*#4636#*#* or will lose signal. I will put HSPA 3G UMTS band unlock tutorial for xt1055 and xt1093 shortly. Motorola has many diag mode ports like mot qc diag port, Motorola BP diagnostic port, Motorola usb diag port etc but phone's modem responds to only one diag port out of these. Also make sure adb is enabled with pc RSA key authentication. Auto APN for GSM UMTS on xt1093.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

Edited by dr.faramroze
  • Like 3

whr can i get drivers for 64 bit???

post-83663-0-60150000-1459144409_thumb.p

Can you please provide step by step by images, please?

On 3/25/2016 at 3:34 PM, SmartSamrat said:
i changed all values as mentioned on the post also cross check again then insert gsm sim no network.

any step after reboot

network mode shows cdma/lte and cdma only

@dr.faramroze

Same here... Network mode shows LTE/CDMA and CDMA only

All the NV values stick after reboot but no network... Please help

Full flash xml firmware by fastboot if not showing global/GSM-wcdma. Firmware needs to be the same version as before flashing.

Full flash xml firmware by fastboot if not showing global/GSM-wcdma. Firmware needs to be the same version as before flashing.

Ok, will try and revert with results. Any extra steps required for gen 2 or process is same for gen 2?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

@dr.faramroze

Tried every thing. My phone is currently on 4.4.2, flashed US cellular 4.4.2 firmware with erasing modemst1 and 2 partitions.. still No luck

Also the screenshot posted by you are from Moto X gen 2, so shall I try with Gen 2?

Edited by bigbyte

@dr.faramroze

Okay, i tried all these steps on moto x 2nd gen us cellular. To get LTE menu i flashed it with android 6 firmware of moto x pure edition. I can scan all gsm and jio lte network, however unable to latch on any network. Tried with mtnl, vodafone and airtel sim cards and reliance sim as well.

The problem may be due to fact that it always shows network locked symbol at the beginning and asks for unlock code which i dismiss. But that thing may be preventing phone to lqtch on to a network.

Any help will be appreciated.

d1bd9a559a208a4fc4c6a9a646f97736.jpg

2 hours ago, bigbyte said:

@dr.faramroze

Okay, i tried all these steps on moto x 2nd gen us cellular. To get LTE menu i flashed it with android 6 firmware of moto x pure edition. I can scan all gsm and jio lte network, however unable to latch on any network. Tried with mtnl, vodafone and airtel sim cards and reliance sim as well.

The problem may be due to fact that it always shows network locked symbol at the beginning and asks for unlock code which i dismiss. But that thing may be preventing phone to lqtch on to a network.

Any help will be appreciated.

d1bd9a559a208a4fc4c6a9a646f97736.jpg

Same problem with me please help

Some handsets have perso SHA network lock. Tried XT1056 method of flashing the nv items but that didn't help. I am expecting help on this. Can try any NCK unlock code method. Will update shortly.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

I think I have the answer now.  Did some research on net. XT1093 model number is shared by three operators, ntelos, carolina west wireless and Us cellular. While first two are NV unlocked, the US cellular one is sim locked via some nv settings. That's why we are able to scan network but unable to latch on it. Correct me if I am wrong.

Dear all 

i have a us cellular moto x 1st gen 

want to unlock to gsm even though i am from it field dont have much experience in mobile software processes can anybody from mumbai help me 

thanxs in advance

jasmin shah

New updated unlock values for XT1055

In QXDM (airplane mode-no sim inside)

1. 441=899 or 903

2. 946=0

3. 1877=899 or 903

4. 2954=0

5. 4548= 899 or 903

XT1055 has a problem of reverting back to LTE/CDMA auto after the above because of some build.prop restrictions. Use a modified version of Verizon Moto E XT1528 adb commands.

adb shell 
pm clear com.android.providers.telephony

settings put global preferred_network_mode 3

settings put global preferred_network_mode1 3

settings put global preferred_network_mode2 3

6. Turn off Airplane mode

7. Power off and Restart the phone

This phone builds sim database in telephony.db upon every sim insertion. Each time we insert a new sim, we have to use the commands. Though with the original values of QXDM, 4G LTE works, it is not very stable. The phone goes back to LTE/CDMA auto if all CDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE bands are unlocked. With these modified values we ensure GSM auto prl works even after soft reboots.

For XT1093 I will upload partitions of fully unlocked phone in the coming days. 

Edited by dr.faramroze
  • Like 2

Thanks @dr.faramroze  I'll try flashing the phone with your latest instructions over this weekend and update the thread.

Kindly upload partitions ofr unlocked XT1093 meanwhile please.

On 23/3/2016 at 4:40 PM, dr.faramroze said:

Requirements:- QXDM

Not Required:- Root, Bootloader unlock

Steps:-

Part I:- GSM edge unlock

1. Select LTE from mobile networks settings. Remove SIM and switch off phone

2. Boot into bootloader mode and select BPTools, after phone boots, enable debugging

3. Map the comports correctly to QXDM

4. Airplane mode

5. In QXDM, open command prompt, type spc=000000

6. Open NV browser, look for item 441 and make it 0x383 or 0xFFF in band line, click write

7. Look further for NV item 946, write 0x0028 in band pref

8. Lastly item no 1877 and write 2622339 to rf_bc_config line

9. Reboot

10. Phone now boots in global mode, insert GSM SIM and use with EDGE data. CDMA section remains untouched.

Part II:- 3G HSPA+ UMTS 2100 mhz unlock (part II only after getting Edge signal)

1. Select LTE from mobile networks settings. Remove SIM and switch off phone

2. Boot into bootloader mode and select BPTools, after phone boots, enable debugging

3. Map the comports correctly to QXDM

4. Airplane mode

5. In QXDM, open command prompt, type spc=000000

6. NV item 946, write 0x0EA8 in band pref

6. NV item 1877 and write 245891456 to rf_bc_config line

7. Full flash current firmware by fastboot with emphasis on fastboot erase modemst1, fastboot erase modemst2

8. Phone boots in global mode with HSPA+

Note:- Firmware flashing will remove unstable signal issue. All the changes will be permanent. CDMA/evdo remains as it was earlier.

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

x1.jpg

x2a.jpg

x3.jpg

x4.jpg

hello Dr. Sir i have moto x2 US Cellular  so i change nv in QXDM after reboot its didn't show signal as it was before as  asking for UNLOCK CODE  show same  POPUP after nv change  i checked again all nv there were changed as u said and stick so please help it have android 4.4  ................. I have another moto x2 us cellular with android 5.1 i want  to use BOTH  on GSM ............... CDMA work fine in both sir thanks

This is the qcn backup of a GSM unlocked Moto X 2nd gen US Cellular XT1093. Can read the contents thru qcn view for necessary changes to be made.

8091327A_0.qcn

May I get QCN file for Sprint HTC M9. It is already unlocked and working fine with GSM upto 3g but without LTE. I have searched a lot on XDA but could not get the soluion. As advised by senior XDA member, LTE addition possible to use in india only if you flash indian htc qcn.

Thanks in advance. And sorry for off topic request.

Thanks

5 hours ago, dr.faramroze said:

This is the qcn backup of a GSM unlocked Moto X 2nd gen US Cellular XT1093. Can read the contents thru qcn view for necessary changes to be made.

8091327A_0.qcn

hello sir can i flash your QCN file in my handset ???????????? what will be wrong if i flash sir and GSM unloking need lolipop or also work in 4.4 thansk .........and Qcn view  show has many difference in my QCN backup compare yours

8061C4EA_2 my 4.4 xt1093.txt

Edited by Gdeepp Sran
re

QCN backup is not for restoring into another phone. It can only be restored in the same ESN phone. QCN is provided to compare each NV item, side by side, along with the QCN of the locked phone so the hidden RF item will be found. HTC M9/+ requires S-Off for any LTE band modifications. A custom international ROM may also be needed. carrierpolicy.xml in the EFS of M9 will have to be modified. All in all, never try to enable Band 40 on any USC, SPR or VZW phone or be prepared to lose it because the phone will not come in diag mode later.

• Like 2