Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
floyd101077

USB Converter / Driver Malfunction

My Rconnect was functioning perfectly ever since I started using it except the blaster worm issue which was solved by Niket's help: Windows Hotfix.

Yesterday I sat down for my normal online duties - I started my m/c and clicked the connect button which gave me an error saying: "port already in use". I cancelled and clicked connect again. This time it said: "hardware failure, please replace modem"

I was shocked, how can it just konk out overnite. After a huge amount of fiddling I realised the LG USB converter driver has stopped functioning. Wndows told me that a USB device is malfunctioning and it was the USB to serial converter driver. WIndows cannot recognise it anymore: says unknown device. I tried reinstalling the USB converter driver. It installes okay but says "unknown device".

I checked my USB ports - they are fine. My digicam and printer both are working perfectly. Can anyone help me out of this predicament?

Thanks a million.

have you tried after switching off & on the handset...

else check your usb cable with other computer. if doesnt works probably your data cable is dead....

Edited by Ashokjp

then most probably your computer's usb port is blown... check if other devices work on your computers USB port.

try removing the driver and reinstalling. even that doesnt work reload os.

As I mentioned already, my USB ports are fine. My digicam and printer is working fine. Also I reinstalled winXP but still facing the same problem.

Device manager says unknown USB device. What is more silly is that it was working perfectly and konked off suddenly.

Quite strange problemmmmmmm................

really sorry i couln't help you.

If your same phone And same cable works on other comp. only hope is try to re-install the OS.

P.S

(In this case, One virus activated it self named "Windows" so u have to re-install it)

hey floyd remove the usb root hub and usb universal host controller...from system properties.

then restart the pc ... the usb root hub and usb universal host will be detected again and then restart the pc... it may work...

I too had the same problem as floyd experienced. Tried everything, but no luck :( Now using a new COM/serial data cable :help:

even i had the same problem with usb, but it worked some time on its own and again failed. so i switched over to com.

This is crazy. Any idea whats causing this problem. I mean if so many of us had the same problem it has to be serious.

IS there any way of intimating Reliance about this. Do they have some tech support in terms of talking to developers.

floyd and Greens, did you purchase the Data Cable from Reliance Web World for Rs.1200 or did you buy it cheaper from some where else ?

Yes.

And I actually bot it for 1250. 50 bucks extra - the guy said he had no stock so a surcharge. So nothing wrong with the cable. It works fine on my friend's comp.

My Rconnect was functioning perfectly ever since I started using it

If its windows theres ought to be a problem! Thanks to MS!

Well if it works on ur frenz' comp and if it was working perfectly earlier and if its an original one, then wht i can see is tht ur OS is a problem... Reinstalling ur OS can only help i guess! Dont repair it or anything, simply format it and reinstall...

I am too having tremendous trouble with my WIN XP... and i guess reinstalling it is the only solution! :clap: