Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mukul

Nokia 6638

The new Nokia 6638 looks very similar to the already announced 3G UMTS/GSM Nokia 6630 but has expandable antenna. The 6638 support dual band 800/1900 Mhz CDMA operation and features 1.2 mega pixel digital camera, Bluetooth and POP3/IMAP email support. The operating system is Symbian with Series 60 user interface. Other features include:

4.3 x 2.4 x 0.9" (110 x 60 x 23mm)

4.6 oz weight (130 g)

WAP 2.0 (xHTML, HTML)

RealPlayer

TFT display with 176 x 208 pixels and 65k colors

post-3022-1126205607_thumb.jpg

But its release date is not yet announced. So I guess it will take another year so, before it actually gets launched AND working in India under Reliance (judging by the late arrival of 6255). But surely this is really good, symbian on CDMA. Will be surely waiting for this, but my advise is, don't wait for it for buying new handset. I mean, I waited for months for 6255 to get launched, and when I saw it, I was way too disappointed, and settled to 6130, which I could've bought 3 months ago. So buy the current phone you liked, don't postpone it for this cell.

Also, it's weight. Man, 130g! Yes, it is heavily loaded with features, however, i wish it would be little lighter.

as per information given by one of my frnd in WW, its likely to be launched before Diwali. Hopefully.

If its 6638, he must be talking about Diwali 2006 or maybe 2007.

Otherwise, my guess is the WW guy confused 6638 with 6235.

yeah buddy when its not yet released in other countries how can we expect it to come before diwali this year.

Sure he must be talking about 6235 or 6155

you all may be right but guy refered to symbian phone ofcourse he said similar to 6600

Nokia is finally releasing a series 60 smartphone for CDMA networks. RimWebians will undoubtedly be pleased to hear it. The new Nokia 6638 will look similar to the 3G phone the Nokia 6630, but will be completely different on the inside. Some specifications of the phone are an LED camera flash, an extendable antenna and a 2.5 mm headset jack.

The 6638 is also Nokia’s first phone with a full-size SD card slot; Nokia has previously used MMC and RS-MMC formats, although it announced support for the SD format last September. The extendable antenna and lack of analog mode would be consistent with recent phones for Verizon, but the draft user manual includes multiple references to Java, the application standard used by Sprint. It is not clear if the phone will support EV-DO, although it does not appear to contain a Qualcomm chipset, and Nokia by most accounts does not yet have an EV-DO chipset of their own.