Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gdi123

Installing Programs On Webworld Computers

Hey guys

I wanted to know if anybody has been able to install applications on the computers at webworld. I have been trying to install some filesharing apps like bittorrent or mirc, but i dont have enough previleges to do that. Is there any way to bypass this? All the comps at webword run windows xp. webworld has speeds excess of 200KB/s where i live, which is great.. but you cant do much if you cant install filesharing apps!!!

hi,

i dont think its possible. because they are giving restricted account for our use. it is good when you consider that ppl using internet might install all sorts of programs and many programs get installed automatically. if u want to install any software or games then u have to give suggestion and only then do they install such softwares based on the feedback. and they would install it on all the machines they have...

i was also glad bout the speed they were giving, but if u try to write it to a cd then the cost will come to bout 900 per cd. so downloading is not that viable. last time i asked them they told me that i can upload by bringing a cd. i will have to try that now.

Folks,

What you people mean by installing programs in webworld computers?

Please don't resort to these illegal activities.

that is not an illegal activity. we are not putting any virus there.

its just that the facilities on webworld is just for general population. it doesnt meet the specific needs of each individuals.

and i dont think you can install any application on webworld. so dont worry much about it.

Its not 'illegal' pre se (there are no national or state laws governing the installation of software on PCs) but installing your own pesonal apps that remain after you leave what is a public workstation certainly violates the Terms of Service (ToS).

They will most probably not allow that officially anytime soon since they anyway reformat the drives on a weekly or monthly basis.

Virtually no other cybercafe type chain would permit the same since it quickly snowballs into a logistical nightmare if conflicting apps get installed and the users start counting on data on the PC which can get deleted at any time after they leave.

What if another user came along and ended up deleting/corrupting 'your data'?

Who do you think should be responsible?

Certainly not RWW ...

So its good that users don't have permission from installing whatever might catch their fancy as it could negatively impact the admin and other users also.

Any company renting out its equipment has a right to get it back in the same 'state'.

i think its a good idea too. Infact now i dont have to worry about ppl stealing my password using keyloggers.

but my complaint is that i am not able to use the programs i want. like mirc ftp clients etc. to use those they have to get it installed and for that they have to approve of it from mumbai.... thats bad

Edited by Ashokjp

Actually I misunderstood.

The point about FTP etc is valid since one would expect such utilities (e.g., winzip) to be installed.

I was thinking about file sharing software that is left running after the user leaves the PC.