Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cmfactor

Limited R-world Applications In Lg Rd 6230

can somebody help me out. i have a latest release LG 6230 handset. i cannot find maximum applications in RWORLD. moreover there is no R-menu reset option. how to reset my r-menu. can somebody help me out.

visit lg service centre

On the phones inbuilt Memory, there seems to be a limitation of Mp3 file size (it has to be less than 500kb or something ... I remember reading some such crap somewhere)... whereas songs can be on a mini-sd ;)

yep here it is

http://www.lgmobiles.com/Product%20Note_LG_RD6230.pdf

Save upto 14 MP3 songs (3 Default + 11 Downloadable) in internal memory (max 30 seconds or 500KB each song)

so that could be it !!!

they canbe uploaded to mini sd card. i hv tested with serial data cable.

good i too was unable to load mp3 .. i visited lg service centre n they were too not able to load mp3 .. now i know why

can somebody help me out. i have a latest release LG 6230 handset. i cannot find maximum applications in RWORLD. moreover there is no R-menu reset option. how to reset my r-menu. can somebody help me out.

Which all applications do you see in your R-World ? There are only a few applications available for LG RD 6230 sine R-World is in BREW. Check out the LG RD 6230 topics in LG forum for more.

i got the information from webworld that from january 10 onwards we will get more rworld applications in BREW.

hi

check this out for RWORLD application that was used in LG 5340/6230

hope this link will give a breif techy idea about downloading applications to mobiles using BREW

http://brew.qualcomm.com/brew/en/

BREW

(Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless) An application development environment from Qualcomm for enhanced cellphone services (e-mail, games, etc.). BREW is directly supported in the CDMA chipsets from Qualcomm, and BREW-enabled applications work no matter what the underlying system software in the cellphone handset. Originally developed for Qualcomm's CDMA technology, BREW has been extended to GSM and TDMA cellular systems.

BREW

BREW is an application development platform created by Qualcomm for mobile phones. It is air-interface independent, i.e. it can support GSM/GPRS, UTMS and CDMA. However, when BREW was first introduced it was solely developed for CDMA handsets. Standing for Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless, it is a software that can download and run small programs for playing games, sending messages, sharing photos, etc. The main advantage of BREW platform is that the application developers can easily port their applications between all the Qualcomm ASICs. The BREW runs in between application and the wireless device's chip operating system; therefore BREW enables a programmer to develop applications without needing to code for system interface or understand wireless application. It debuted in January 2001.

Software

For software people, it is a complete set of APIs that enables software development and applications in C, C++ and Java and is supported (platform) by an ASIC. It has a footprint of about 150K.

BREW Application Development

Software for the BREW-enabled handsets can be developed in C or C++ using the freely downloadable BREW SDK. The SDK includes a BREW Emulator which can be used for testing during development process. Unlike J2ME platform, where any developer can upload and execute software on any supported handset, BREW applications must be digitally signed. Because BREW gives complete control over the handset hardware, only content providers or authenticated BREW developers have the tools necessary to create a digital signature. Furthermore, developer-signed applications can only execute on test-enabled handsets. Once the application has been developed and internally tested, it must be submitted to Qualcomm for TRUE BREW Testing. After the application passes all tests, it may be offered to a mobile operator (content provider) to be accessible for download to general handsets. The application is then signed by the content provider, to allow its execution on any supported BREW handset.

BREW applications such as games can be downloaded using a USB cable to any BREW phone regardless of the manufacturer. The application AppLoader from Qualcomm is used to transfer files to the phone. A BREW application is packaged differently from a java one. The application will have a name.mif file, a name.mod file, and other resource files usually ending with .bar. The application must also have a file containing the signature of that specific phone.

Because BREW Emulator (currently called Brew Simulator) is not reliable enough, developers must test their applications on real BREW-enabled handsets. To do that, the handset must be enabled for BREW testing (Qualcomm's development labs can do the service).

External links

BREW

Kiran

There is some change in the applications from january 10. some appliations are added in BREW

has anyone tried the lgsync program for this rd6230 ?

i tried it and i m unable to upload any mp3 file to the phone , it says "unsupported function ",

can anyone tyell how to upload mp3 file to this set ?

link of the pcsync is here

http://www.lgmobiles.com/Download/RD6230_SYNC_20051103_1.exe

thanks

to upload mp3 files u need to have SD card and the option should be selected to SD card instead of Phone :D

hello i'm Abhishek and want to more about BREW technology if u or anyone know about this. could u tell me more about urself and this technology used in Reliance and TATA in india.

visit lg service centre