Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
prat

Any Handset With Both Cdma & Gsm?

Hi all. I have a RIM phone and an Airtel phone. I have to always carry around two phones in my pocket. Is there any handset out there which can contain both these numbers (CDMA and GSM) so I have to carry only one handset?

I know a lot of people out there have the same problem. If anyone knows anything about this, please share the info with us. Thanks all.

Prat :help:

If you can get the handset from China..........

Read below!

Introduction on "Worldwind" Dual-mode Mobile Phone Services

"Worldwind"

dual-mode mobile phone service is a brand new mobile communications service launched

exclusively by China Unicom with the aim of meeting the different needs of its users.

It enables users to enjoy both CDMA and GSM services by switching between the two

networks freely with only one dual-mode handset. The service is made possible by

using either dual-mode cards or dual-mode handsets.

1. Dual-mode Technology

GSM/CDMA dual-mode handset is equipped with dual sockets, which is compatible to

both CDMA/GSM handsets. The dual sockets built on the handset is adaptable to any

of those cards including UIM cards, SIM cards issued by China Unicom or other operators,

as well as dual-mode cards newly launched by China Unicom. After inserting SIM cards,

users are able to use GSM service provided by the corresponding operator. When inserting

UIM cards, users can access CDMA network. When inserting dual-mode cards, users have

the option to choose either GSM or CDMA network of China Unicom.

Dual-mode card is a handset card using a single handset number, which allows users

to switch between CDMA and GSM networks freely and achieve roaming services across

the two networks. The handset number of dual-mode card can be any numbers ranging

from 130/131/132/133 and the phone number itself is not an indication of the network

related.

2. Features of "Worldwind" service

(i) Value-added service

: While retaining the original GSM basic services, the existing GSM subscribers of

China Unicom or other operators can have an additional choice to enjoy high-speed

and attractive value-added services provided by CDMA 1X network.

(ii) Global Roaming

: The failure of providing automatic roaming service between the GSM and CDMA networks

has indeed brought people a lot of inconvenience when going abroad as countries such

as South Korea and North America mainly adopt CDMA technology, while most of European

countries use GSM technology. The most obvious characteristic of "Worldwind" service

is it supports optional switching between GSM and CDMA networks, that means "Worldwind"

users will be able to enjoy the communication services provided by those overseas

operators that have signed the agreement with domestic operators on GSM/CDMA roaming

services when traveling abroad. "Worldwind" can provide roaming services in all those

countries and regions that are covered by domestic GSM and CDMA handsets, much more

extensive than single-mode handset will do. It achieves the provision of international

roaming services on a global basis with one handset on hand.

(iii) Network Coverage

: None of the mobile communications network is able to achieve a 100% perfect coverage,

however with free switching between the two networks, the occurrence of blind areas

or spots will be greatly minimized.

(iv) Retaining numbers

: Dual-mode card users only need to have one number for using China Unicom's GSM

and CDMA services. For those GSM subscribers of other operators who want to enjoy

the service of CDMA network while retaining their existing numbers, to make it possible,

they can simply use a combination of SIM and UIM cards on the dual-mode handsets.

Search before new posts .... the said topic has been discussed before. and I had mentioned about world wind too ...

Cheers

Ashok