Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ajay_delhi

R-connect Not Being Activated

Hi !

I have got a new prepaid on a friend's old Lg-rd-2030 to use r-connect on my laptop.

Since afternoon, I am trying to activate r-connect by dialling *412 but I get a busy tone instead of a long acceptance tone.

And obviously,I dont a confirmation message after that.

Please help.

Regards

Ajay

R-Connect is preactivated on all connections, now. You dont need to manually do that! Jus make a dialer on your PC and get going! Read more on these forums for help on installing the R-Connect Dialer.

I agree with chirag.

@ ajay

install the software which came to you in the c.d. with the data cable and all your hurdles would be solved.

Today, I have bought a Nokia 6235 for R-conncect as I already had a DKU-2 and CA-53 (both compatibe). I connect the phone, drivers are preperly installed. (I have been using N70 and N3230 on the same cable).

It dials #777 (visible even on phone screen) but error 678 comes that says "no answer".

If I manually dial the number (#777) on the phone, it says "Pls check the number u have dialled".

Pls help what to do.

Regards

Ajay

Today, I have bought a Nokia 6235 for R-conncect as I already had a DKU-2 and CA-53 (both compatibe). I connect the phone, drivers are preperly installed. (I have been using N70 and N3230 on the same cable).

It dials #777 (visible even on phone screen) but error 678 comes that says "no answer".

Are you sure the phone is not in lock mode ? Have you unlocked the phone by entering the secret code and disabling it, before dialling ?

If I manually dial the number (#777) on the phone, it says "Pls check the number u have dialled".

Pls help what to do.

Regards

Ajay

No need to do all this stuffs for Nokia 6235...

Just Install the Rconnect to ur PC or laptop and connect it with ur handset and Enjoy the R connect..

Just let us know the error message and the no.. IF ur getting any probs..

Pls check if your phone is properly detected and is responding to the dialer of your PC.

Thanx a lot guys for your reply.

I spent the whole day I bought Nokia 6235 (7th March) and as I mentioned connection was OK. I could trnasfer MP3 and all. I tried all that on a Desktop and a Laptop.

And there was some problem in the customer care lines. By evening, I managed to talk (after many tries) to someone who was good at r-connect. He understood the whole thing. And it was just an extra intitilization command (AT+CRM=1;+CSO=33) that was required.

In fact even now, since I am using a Nokia N70, N3230 and Nokia 6230, I keep on switing mobile to the computer so whenever I connect Nokia 6235 after any other model, it gives same problem. Then I give this intitilization string. Then it works perfectly. I don't even have to go to Nokia PC Suite and uncheck USB DKU-2cable connection in "manage connection" as mentioned by someone in another forum.

I hope, it will help others as well.

Thanx

Ajay.

Edited by ajay_delhi

And there was some problem in the customer care lines. By eveing, I managed to talk (after many tries) to someone who was good at r-connect. He understood the whole thing. And it was just an extra intitilization command (AT+CRM=1;+CSO=33) that was required.

Thats good to know there are some GOOD agents in Reliance CC at r connect as well.. who understand the probs.. :clap:

When i got stuk up with my kyocera.. No one from Reliance was able to help me out..

Thanx a lot guys for your reply.

I spent the whole day I bought Nokia 6235 (7th March) and as I mentioned connection was OK. I could trnasfer MP3 and all. I tried all that on a Desktop and a Laptop.

And there was some problem in the customer care lines. By evening, I managed to talk (after many tries) to someone who was good at r-connect. He understood the whole thing. And it was just an extra intitilization command (AT+CRM=1;+CSO=33) that was required.

In fact even now, since I am using a Nokia N70, N3230 and Nokia 6230, I keep on switing mobile to the computer so whenever I connect Nokia 6235 after any other model, it gives same problem. Then I give this intitilization string. Then it works perfectly. I don't even have to go to Nokia PC Suite and uncheck USB DKU-2cable connection in "manage connection" as mentioned by someone in another forum.

I hope, it will help others as well.

Thanx

Ajay.

:)

HI ajay

i have nk2280 & ca 42 cable

though i can connect to nk pc suite i cant connect to rcoonect

the guys at cc have been constantly telling that "our system is under maintenance call later" since a week

i am frustrated & thinking of switching back to tata indicom because i used to install tata dialer on any os in 2 mins in case of XP i dont even have to restart pc it was so easy i switched to reliance cause that rim gives more speed ie 144 KBPS whereas tata offered average 88 kbps

But rim is getting on my nerves

i installed modem driver on nokia website

BUt during net connection setup it asks for number to dial i dont know which number to provide

i used *777 but it says "error 678:the remote comp didnt respond"

i will be very thankfull to some one who can help me out

tell me how to insert that string

thnx

:wacko: "

i will be very thankfull to some one who can help me out

tell me how to insert that string

thnx

I dont understand one thing why do u guys dont contact Customer care of Reliance by email...

Or just directly shoot a mail to chairman with ur problems..

Instead of thinking to switch with other service providers....

freind

the guys at cc always tell me what i already know

they dont know much

& email i dont think they even care to read

i sent it a week ago no callback

who knows the chairmans mail address

what isn the guaranty he will read it

i was very happy with tata indicom but they send long bills

too easy to install tata indicom

installing rconnect has become kinda adventure

looks like rim isnt interested in dial-up customers

its been 2 weeks since i bought the cable and i have given up all hopes that i could ever connect with rim

i really loved my rim in past but now i hate it

thnx :'(

Did you try extra intitilization command (AT+CRM=1;+CSO=33) in Modem Properties -> Advance Tab ?

freind

the guys at cc always tell me what i already know

they dont know much

& email i dont think they even care to read

i sent it a week ago no callback

who knows the chairmans mail address

what isn the guaranty he will read it

i was very happy with tata indicom but they send long bills

too easy to install tata indicom

installing rconnect has become kinda adventure

looks like rim isnt interested in dial-up customers

its been 2 weeks since i bought the cable and i have given up all hopes that i could ever connect with rim

i really loved my rim in past but now i hate it

thnx :'(