Rhythmic backlight

Phone Book stores up to 2000 entries

Polyphony ringtones

Supports Hindi Menus and Hindi SMS

Hai Friends,

Some info about LG RD 3330 :grin:

lgrd33302ji.th.gif

1 GENERAL PRODUCT DESCRIPTION – LG RD 3330

LG RD 3330 is a bar type colour phone with an attractive slim design. It has a 65K colour display and has 12 chord polyphonic ringtones. The handset has R World that supports some select text based applications, ringtone download and wallpaper download, through a browser.

1.1 Phone at a glance

1.2 Detailed Feature Description

LG RD 3330 has an exciting suite of features. Key features are given below:

a. Display

65K Color display with 3 Lines text + 1 Soft Key Line + 1 Title Line, supports

graphics and animation. Main LCD size: 101 x 80 pixels

b. R World

Handset has R World that supports select text based applications, wallpaper download and ringtone download, through a browser.

c. Ring tones

19 In-built ringtones with a 12-chord (CMX) polyphonic sound. Ringtones of upto 50kb can be downloaded through R World. Specific ringtones could be assigned to individual contacts stored in the phone book.

e. Messaging

• SMS to Email id: User can send SMS to any email address from the handset.

• Group SMS: 5 SMS groups and 5 Email groups can be formed with up to 10 recipients in each group. Multiple SMS/ Email can be sent for up to 10 recipients each.

• LMS: Allows sending a message up to 462 characters at a time in the same screen.

• SMS On Call Reject: Rejection of Call with Sending Preset SMS to the Called Number. SMS can be edited under Settings menu.

f. 1234 Services Menu

A menu within the Messages menu for quickly and conveniently sending message to

1234 services. The 1234 service provides news updates, cricket scores, beauty tips, horoscope etc. through SMS.

g. Phonebook

A name in the Phonebook can have 4 numbers, email id, group, Memo, ringtone and SMS distinctive tone per entry. The phonebook can have a total of 2000 entries

(phone number + Email id + Memo). As the phonebook is dynamic, the number of names that can be stored depends on the number of entries against each name.

h. Rhythmic backlight

Allows selecting a pattern of backlight for the LCD and keypad in rhythm with an incoming call

i. PC synchronisation

Supports synchronisation of the Phone Book, Scheduler, To Do and Memo with PC. It is a convenient software program for exchanging information between PC & mobile handset

j. Language Support

Supports English and Hindi for display as well as text input. Supports sending and receiving SMS in Hindi.

3. R WORLD & R CONNECT

3.1 R World Applications

LG 3330 supports R- World applications through a browser. The R World applications currently supported by the handset are listed below.

1 BeautyNyou

2 Brand Zone

3 Chogadia

4 Cricket

5 FAF

6 H Gallery

7 HDFC Bank

8 Headlines

9 History

10 Horoscope

11 How to Use

12 ICICI Bank

13 J - Gallery

14 JokesGalore

15 Love Match

16 NAV

17 NCDEXquotes

18 Numerology

19 PaymentInfo

20 Raashi

21 Rahukalam

22 RWorldRates

23 TariffNplan

24 Tarot

25 Tithi

26 Vaastu

27 View Bill

28 WhereToPay

More applications are under development. As and when the applications would get ready, they would be made available on the handset.

3.2 R Connect

The handset does not support R Connect service.

4 PHONE KIT & ACCESSORIES

4.1 Phone Kit

LG RD 3330 phone kit contains (to be confirmed)

1. Handset

2. Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery Li-ion 800 m Ah

3. Travel Charger

4. Hand strap

5. User Manual & Warranty card

4.2 Accessories

The LG dealers or LG Authorized Service centers will stock the accessories. Following accessories will be available.

• Headset

• PC Sync software

5 PRICING & CHANNEL MARGIN

5.1 Pricing

The distributor-buying price for the handset is Rs. 3,500. The details of the scheme offered on the handset have been circulated separately.

6 PROVISIONING AND SERVICE ACTIVATION

6.1 Provisioning

LG RD 3330 would not be pre provisioned and would require GSK (get started Kit) for provisioning (both for Prepaid and Postpaid provisioning). As the handset will not be pre-provisioned, no MDN number will be pre-allocated on the handset.

6.2 Service activation

To activate the services, the customers will be required to follow the process for prepaid/ postpaid GSK.

7 MARKETING SUPPORT

7.1 Marketing Support

To be confirmed by LG.

8 AFTER SALES SERVICE

8.1 After Sales Service

After Sales Service for this will be provided at all the authorized LG service centers in all available cities.

9 TRAINING & ENQUIRY HANDLING

9.1 Customer Care Training

Call Centre agents will be trained on the Phone features and functionalities by the training team.

9.2 Sales Training

Training material would be circulated to all the circles. Circles would have the responsibility of carrying out training for sales force and channel partners in their respective circles.

9.3 Enquiry and complaint handling procedure

There will be no change of the current interaction matrix for the handset. Current available interaction matrixes will be used for LG RD 3330 without any change. The escalation process will follow the existing Handset Escalation process.

Key Features

 65K colour display

 Visually appealing, conveniently slim light bar type Color mobile phone

 Poly Ringtone & Wallpaper download through R World

 SMS On Call Reject, Reserved Call

 ‘+’ Code Dialing, Hard Pause, Timed Pause

 Rhythmic backlight

 LMS (Long Message Service)

 SMS to Email

 Airplane Mode

 Phone Book stores up to 2000 entries

 Polyphony ringtones

 Supports Hindi Menus and Hindi SMS

Dimensions 99.8 x 40 x 14.5

Battery Type 800 mAh Lithium Ion

Battery Life Up to 2.2 ~2.5 Hours talk time*

Up to 120 ~ 130 hours stand-by time*

(*The actual performance is dependent on factors like network and usage environment)

Weight 70 grams

Display 65K Color display with 3 Lines text + 1 Soft Key Line + 1 Title Line, supports graphics and animation.

Main LCD: 101 x 80 pixels

4 Wallpaper + Upto 30 downloadable thro ugh R-World

Ring tones 19 In built (with a 12-chord (CMX) polyphonic sound) + Up to 50Kb R World downloadable ringtones. Option of assigning specific ring tones to individual numbers stored in the phone book.

Profiles - Profiles let you set your phone’s sound settings (Ring type, Ring tone, Ringer volume, Earpiece volume, Message alert and Key volume) to your current environment.

There are 6 Profiles: Vibrate only, Silent, General, Outdoor, Headset, and Carkit.

The settings in each Profile can be modified (except for Vibrate only). Profiles can be renamed (except Vibrate only, Headset and Carkit)

Airplane Mode-The Airplane Mode switches-off the radio frequency (RF) of the handset. It however enables only features such as Games, Scheduler, Memo, etc. When your phone is in Airplane Mode, it cannot send or receive any calls or access online information.

Language Support-Primary Language English, supports Hindi for User Interface and SMS.

Organiser Scheduler (maximum 160 schedules), Memo (maximum 40 memos with maximum 32 characters per memo), World Clock, Stopwatch, Calculator, 3 Alarms with Snooze and Unit Converter, Reserved Call – Upto 5 can be saved

R World This connects you to R World Data Services like Ringtones, Wallpapers, Cricket, Dating, Contests, News, Astro, City & TV Guides, and more provided by Reliance Infocomm.

PC sync Synchronise the Phone Book, Scheduler, To Do and Memo with your PC

Messaging Send and receive text messages [inbox – 30 + 1 voicemail, Outbox – 30, Archive – 30, Drafts – 30, Templates – 30 (10 Pre Defined)]. Send and receive SMS in Hindi.

SMS can be sent to an email id and vice versa. User can send email to any email address from the handset. Only emails from ricmail.com domain can be received on the handset via SMS.

5 Email groups can be formed with up to 10 recipients in each group.

Multiple Email can be sent for up to 10 recipients each.

5 SMS groups can be formed with up to 10 recipients in each group.

Multiple SMS can be sent for up to 10 recipients each.

SMS On Call Reject: Rejection of Call with Sending Preset SMS to the Called Number. SMS can be edited under Settings menu.

LMS LMS (Long Message Service) allows you to send a message up to 462 characters at a time. Before sending LMS message, total number of sms packets formed is intimated to the user and confirmation is taken to send.

Maximum 3 packets for English and 4 for Hindi messages can be sent. Each LMS packet is received as individual message.

1234 Services A menu within the Messages menu for quick and convenient access

to 1234 services like News, Cricket, Jokes, Beauty,Horoscope etc

Rhythmic Allows you to select a pattern of backlight for the LCD and keypad

Backlight in rhythm with an incoming call

Call features - 3-way-calling (conference), Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, Call Mute, Incoming call ringer mute, Auto Redial, Any Key Answer

Call history - Stores up to a total of 60 recent calls including Received, Dialled, Missed

In call memo Enter and store numbers while on a call (Up to 5 numbers can be stored)

Phonebook - Phonebook (Names) to store 2000 entries (Dynamic Phonebook) with 4 numbers, email id, group, Memo, ringtone and SMS distinctive tone per entry. 99 Speed Dial locations.

‘+’ Code Dialing: User can make a international call by using '+' code as international prefix during Idle number editing. If user input '+' code during Idle number editing and press send key, '+' code is changed to user-defined international prefix.

Hard Pause: A Contact when stored with a Hard Pause (P) and a number followed by it will dial the digits following ‘P’ on a single key press (Left Soft key/Send key).

Time Pause: A Contact when stored with a Time Pause (T) and a sequence of numbers followed by it, will dial the digits following ‘T’ every 2 seconds (depends on number of Time Pauses) after Call is Connected.

Easy Text Input - Predictive Text input available in English & Hindi SMS with user database of frequently used words

Wireless Modem - R Connect not supported

Technical Features

Baseband Chipset MSM6000

Flash Memory 32Mb

SRAM 16Mb

LCD Size 101 x 80 pixels

Software - Predictive Text T9 (Ver: 7.2) for English as well as Hindi

FAQ'S

1. What are the key selling features of this handset?

The key features of the handset are 65K colour display and R World support. R World is supported through a browser that offers select text based applications, ringtone download and wallpaper download.

2. What is the phonebook capacity of LG 3330?

A name in the Phonebook can have 4 numbers, email id, group, Memo, ringtone and SMS

distinctive tone per entry. The phonebook can have a total of 2000 entries (phone number + Email id + Memo). As the phonebook is dynamic, the number of names that can be stored depends on the number of entries against each name.

3. How many ringtones does this phone have?

The phone has 19 inbuilt 12-chord (CMX) polyphonic ringtones. In addition to this, ringtones (up to 50 Kbytes) can be downloaded through R World.

4. There is a “1234 service” menu under the “Message” menu. What is the use of this feature?

The 1234 service menu provides a quick and convenient way fot sending SMS to 1234 services. The 1234 service provides news updates, cricket scores, beauty tips, horoscope etc. through SMS.

5. Does this phone allow sending Hindi SMS?

Yes, the phone allows sending SMS in Hindi. The phone also has predictive text software (T9) for Hindi that helps users in quick and convenient typing of Hindi messages.

7. Does this phone support R World?

Yes the phone has R World that supports select text based applications, ringtone download and wallpaper download, through a browser.

8. Does this phone support R Connect?

This phone does not support the R-Connect service.

Hope this Info is Useful :clap::grin:

More Info Here Friend's :clap::grin::D

& Pssst..I heard that this Handset would be available for Rs.2800 :rolleyes: for DISTRIBUTORS. :grin:

Edited by Chirag

Comprehensive information HYD LADKA... I wish LG took so much pain in designing the phones with some actually useful feature. & reliance took pains in describing the needs of customers.

Comprehensive information HYD LADKA... I wish LG took so much pain in designing the phones with some actually useful feature. & reliance took pains in describing the needs of customers.

Really great info from hydladka.

:cry::biggrinthumb::angry::grin:

BTW, any such info on 5340 and 6230 wrt memory? Does the 6230 really have 128MB? Do you have any info on how this 128MB is allocated? any new sw updates for these and also for 350R FWP?

What about BREW RWorld? Will it offer us the complete RWorld and when? At the rate at which Reliance is adding new applications, it will easily take another five years or more to equal 2030's RWorld capability. And for your your info, these are latest generation multimedia handsets. Wonder why Reliance is fooling customers?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by khs123

BTW, any such info on 5340 and 6230 wrt memory? Does the 6230 really have 128MB? Do you have any info on how this 128MB is allocated?
This memory is used for storing ringtones, SMS & some other things.
any new sw updates for these and also for 350R FWP?

Check this Page for More Info on Updates

I am planning to buy LG RD 3330.......... tell me guys who r using this phone is it worth a buy or not?

One of my friend also told me that the battery of this phone works only near 36 hours. Anyone using this phone can you throw some light on the battery life of this handset ?

Regards.

works a little less than 24 hrs for me.. brand new phone.. although i msg and call a LOT.. it should work 36hrs for an average user...

^^^

Exactly my dear friend although battery life depends upto your phone usage but all mobile phones must have a battery backup for atleast 36hrs. Because if your phone provide only 24 hrs battery backup and if you use your mobile on a particular day for high number of calls that surely your battery will go off in the midway, not even it works for the full 24 hrs. So mobile manufacturers must provide good batterys with their handsets to its customers. Not only it will be great for the users but also for the manufacturers.

Regards.

I bought LG3330 recently but am finding the battery quality to be extremely poor. Even though my usage is very low {2-3 SMS, 3-5 calls of max 5 mins each per day} and the signal level in the location is very good, the battery level goes down by half at 6:00 pm !!!

Need a help guys :

I am trying to move my address book from my old phone (LG2030) to the new one.

I bought chinese made USB data cable (which I guess is the same for 3330, 6230 & 6330).

I downloaded the LG Sync software for 3330 from LGMobiles.com but that does not support USB data cable

So I downloaded the LG Sync software for 6330 but now it is not recognizing the connection & giving the error: "Failed to connect to USB"

Please help !!! :SI::):help:

Thanks,

Dee.

hmm.. dunno about the sync-ing thing..

by the way, battery performance gone down for me too.. it has become even more miserable now.. but anyways, i generally have the time to charge it...

On the whole, i'd say its a very good set.. considering how low it costs... the form factor is pretty good.. and, although the display can be a bit unnerving initially, it makes for easy and efficient use of most functions expected from a cell phone.. and i found its network response a lot better.. in places where most other sets are unable to make a call (like an underground parking area), i can use this pretty freely...

all in all, great set for 2200 bucks...

hmm.. dunno about the sync-ing thing..

by the way, battery performance gone down for me too.. it has become even more miserable now.. but anyways, i generally have the time to charge it...

On the whole, i'd say its a very good set.. considering how low it costs... the form factor is pretty good.. and, although the display can be a bit unnerving initially, it makes for easy and efficient use of most functions expected from a cell phone.. and i found its network response a lot better.. in places where most other sets are unable to make a call (like an underground parking area), i can use this pretty freely...

all in all, great set for 2200 bucks...

Hi,

I am also using this LG RD 3330 handset........ purchased it 2 weeks ago . I upgraded from samsung boss..... battery performance to me is satisfactory i do charge it once daily and it works fine with me... i charge it once daily and it works fine for 28 hours... then i have to charge it again.... i do send daily 5 - 10 sms and make 4 to 5 calls but to me this handset is ok........

regards

rajiv

Bad part is that hands-free is not included in the box.

Other negatives:

Name Search is very slow

Menu navigation at times is un-intuitive

Cover provided for the hands-free is very inconvenient

Charger is 3-pin and 3-pin sockts are not as common as 2-pin ones

Of course, as you said, it is pretty good for the price and btw, i got it for 1650 inexchange for my 3 yr old 2030 ;)

Anybody have any idea of PC Sync with 3330 0 please help me ... :help:

Thanks,

Dee.

As far as charger with 3 pins is considered, I guess this is done to enhance electrical safety. The charger of LG 2030 had 2 pins but later models have 3-pin...even Samsung has 3-pin chargers. But yes, it is sometimes inconvenient.

searched a lot for the data cable but could not find an economical one :(:(

so sadly entered over 200 numbers by hand :grin::P:grin:

my thumb & fingers are paining badlye .... booo hooo :'( :'( :'(

searched a lot for the data cable but could not find an economical one :Contento::rockon:

so sadly entered over 200 numbers by hand :'( :Contento: :'(

my thumb & fingers are paining badlye .... booo hooo ;):angry::rofl_200:

u could have goan to serviece center they take 100 rs. to do the same with data cable

u can get it done at Mulund(Mumbai) LG serviece center i have got it done myself.

u could have goan to serviece center they take 100 rs. to do the same with data cable

u can get it done at Mulund(Mumbai) LG serviece center i have got it done myself.

i am based in bangalore and here they refused to do it but provided the data cable for Rs.1500 !!!

any idea where i can get the data cable in bombay for less ? if so, please provide me the contact details.

thanks,

dee.

hey i am ready to sell off this ****ty fone of mine..

if anyone wants this 3330 lemme know..

its just 5 months old...

and its battery lasts from 9 am to 9 pm.. if i make calls of just about 45 mins...

heck doesnt even last a day!!!

data cable desi for this set is available for 200-250 ...

well i thinkit should be avialble at ebay too .

in case you dont get from anywhere then let m eknow . would search here in market

data cable desi for this set is available for 200-250 ...

well i thinkit should be avialble at ebay too .

in case you dont get from anywhere then let m eknow . would search here in market

desi is fine as long as it works !

the ones on ebay are serial ones - i was looking out for usb version - any idea on that ?

however i saw that the s/w for 3330 provided by LG does not support usb - any ideas ?!

dont know about usb s/w compatability .

can check locally if the usb cable is available.normally usb are priced higher then serial so normally people go for serial

Bad part is that hands-free is not included in the box.

Other negatives:

Name Search is very slow

Menu navigation at times is un-intuitive

Cover provided for the hands-free is very inconvenient

Charger is 3-pin and 3-pin sockts are not as common as 2-pin ones

Of course, as you said, it is pretty good for the price and btw, i got it for 1650 inexchange for my 3 yr old 2030 :P

Anybody have any idea of PC Sync with 3330 0 please help me ... :(

Thanks,

Dee.

TRY DOWNLOADING SOFTWARE FROM relianceinfo.com for this phone and purchase the required cable.

Hi,

I want to buy the USB cable for my LG RD 3330... can anybody tell me the price for this USB cable secondly

i also want to know the price of handsfree wire for this handset.

reply asap

regards

rajiv