Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
srini

Utstarcom-smarty-c1122

Reliance has released one more low end model targetting tier2 and tier3 cities, from UTStarcom.

UTStarcom is basically a Network equipment manufacturer from china.

This is a B&W handset with all basic features in it which is priced at Rs1600.

Features of the Handset:

a) Sleek,bar type, elegant

b ) B&W display

c) Supports R-world but doesnt support R-connect

d) 12 preloaded polyphonics tones

e) Group sms

f) phone book of 100X4

Thanks for the info, sreenivas. As usual, Reliance has sourced an old outdated entry level model, when UTStarcom does have some cool high end ones. BTW, this handset seems to be specifically customized for Reliance... haven't seen any model like that on the net, from UTStarcom.

does it has RUIM support?

here is a pic

post-8739-1145905294_thumb.jpg

looks like a great value product at the 1600 price tag as it looks quiete elegant....though pics may b diffren from the the actuall look as seen in past.....

bt considering other options at 1600 price range-lg 2340 which looks like an old age cell-this one seems far better option...

wht do u guys say?

abhishek you are forgetting one thing very imporant before buying a cdma handset --- its service centre .... but in calcutta it must not be a problem

How do u all rate this phone.....

I think its good for people in village or for ladies.....

wht makes u think tht its good for villages or ladies???

cmmon diffrent pple diffrent needs.nt evry1 aspires for a hi-fi handset.specially if u need the connection for specific purposes like only sms etc thn these entry level models make sense.

wht makes u think tht its good for villages or ladies???

cmmon diffrent pple diffrent needs.nt evry1 aspires for a hi-fi handset.specially if u need the connection for specific purposes like only sms etc thn these entry level models make sense.

Thats what exactly i said..

People leaving in mumbai, delhi, hyderabad, chennai etc etc all metros.. would definately like to go for some high end mobile.. yes i do agree with u......they would go depending on there budget too.. but still..........

Edited by KingofKalyan

wht is the display colour...i mean green blue etc......or is it just plain old fashioned b/w stuff?

People leaving in mumbai, delhi, hyderabad, chennai etc etc all metros.. would definately like to go for some high end mobile.. yes i do agree with u......they would go depending on there budget too.. but still..........

I live in chennai and I liked the handset when I saw it :lol:

Actually, a common problem in metro's in that of lost/ stolen/ broken handsets becoz of the high usage, etc. So a cheap handset that does what it is supposed to do and does it well (i mean voice comm.) is an ideal handset. just my two cents :)

Anyway, as i was saying - its a pretty good handset, some good points include:

- large display

- 5 way nav key

- VERY intuitive menu's

- decent ringtones

- excellent voice quality

- good batttery

And one REALLY bad point:

- the address book is lousy! No sorting, no searching!!!!! I've never seen such lack of though while designing the software :wacko:

cheers

pranav

Edited by pranavp

Now a days Reliance is offering this handset @ Rs. 1000/- with 1 year incoming and Rs. 600/- onnet talktime in Mumbai.

hey, can u compare this one with lg2030?

- battery life

- network

- r world etc.

looks good and trendy. hope to buy one for my wife.

I live in chennai and I liked the handset when I saw it :confuse:

Actually, a common problem in metro's in that of lost/ stolen/ broken handsets becoz of the high usage, etc. So a cheap handset that does what it is supposed to do and does it well (i mean voice comm.) is an ideal handset. just my two cents :confuse:

Anyway, as i was saying - its a pretty good handset, some good points include:

- large display

- 5 way nav key

- VERY intuitive menu's

- decent ringtones

- excellent voice quality

- good batttery

And one REALLY bad point:

- the address book is lousy! No sorting, no searching!!!!! I've never seen such lack of though while designing the software :grin:

cheers

pranav

Well someone told me that this handset is from USA. Can anyone confirm this ?

Now a days Reliance is offering this handset @ Rs. 1000/- with 1 year incoming and Rs. 600/- onnet talktime in Mumbai.

Hello ppl,

Its so nice to see that theres a RIM forum where ppl can talk n decide on things , well three cheers to the admin of this forum.............Well im in need of this piece(UTSTARCOM).......... Can u pls tell me where do i get this as this piece & this piece isnt available at my(Areas) webworld. :confuse:

Thanks,

Prateek :rolleyes:

Edited by PrateekDS

@prateekds

You can go to local dealers instead of Webworlds. This handset is easily available in the market.

Regards.

does anybody know from where can i get c1122 handset accessories like hands free please reply soon.

Well someone told me that this handset is from USA. Can anyone confirm this ?

The company is US based but the Handset is made in china please note this handset i have been using since more than 4 months now it got wet during rains and was not working ....the UTstarcom service centre gave bad service said it cannot be repaired then i went to local mobile reparing shop and got it repaired for 200 bucks now its really working fine....also one drawback it has that is phone book entry only 100 contacts that pretty less.....Overall experience using this handset is good only take care it doesnt get wet

Only take care it doesnt get wet.

:confuse: It's the case with ne handset of ne manufacturer. :)