Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Shiva Pandey

Nokia 2112 R-connect Problem

All,

I have a Nokia 2112 handset and connect it to internet using CA-42 cable. I have win-XP prof on my laptop. I have installled the driver from the file Nokia_Conn_Cable_Driver_145_5_eng.exe from Nokia website and R Connect software from Reliance Info site from the file rconnect_nokia_usb.zip.

It gets connected to the internet and within a minute or 2 it gets disconnected. If I try to connect again it says hardware/port failure. If I press the End key on the handset to disconnect the data call and connect again, it connects successfully. But it keeps on disconnecting ever 2-3 mins. Its very painful. It never remain connected for more than 3 mins.

Please help.

Thanks,

Shiva

All,

I have a Nokia 2112 handset and connect it to internet using CA-42 cable. I have win-XP prof on my laptop. I have installled the driver from the file Nokia_Conn_Cable_Driver_145_5_eng.exe from Nokia website and R Connect software from Reliance Info site from the file rconnect_nokia_usb.zip.

It gets connected to the internet and within a minute or 2 it gets disconnected. If I try to connect again it says hardware/port failure. If I press the End key on the handset to disconnect the data call and connect again, it connects successfully. But it keeps on disconnecting ever 2-3 mins. Its very painful. It never remain connected for more than 3 mins.

Please help.

Thanks,

Shiva

hi shiva can u plz get me d rconnect softw for 2112 PLZZZZZZZZZ

Dear Shiva, I think you have not added the correct STRING at+crm=1;+cso=33

Go to Phone & Modem options in the Control Panel. Click on Properties of Nokia CA 42 modem. Make sure Maximum Port Speed is set to 115000. Click on Advanced Tab. Type at+crm=1;+cso=33 (copy from here nd paste there)

Hope it works...I was trying to attach the guide in pdf here but, it says THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

Dunno why ??

Dear sethmzp@rediffmail.com, you may download the R Connect Software for correct platform, correct handset and correct port at

http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/we...nectsearch1.jsp

Edited by rajeevjee

I have the same problem of disconnection with my Nokia2112 with CA-42 cable, on Windows XP. I am conncecting by manual dialer and added the Extra Initialisation Command at+crm=1;+cso=33 in Phone and Modem Options, but no luck.

It disconnects within a minute.

Somebody Please help with this irritating problem.

Sam.

Sir/Madam,

Please follow this prcedure. I may works.

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Services and Applications (from left side of the window and the last tab) -> Services -> Remote Procedure Call (RPC) properties -> Recovery Tab -> choose Restart the Services from the drop down menu for all failures (first, second and subsequent). Please follow same procedure for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator Properties.

Please inform your result.

All,

Please help.

Thanks,

Shiva

Hi My problem is bit different.. though the configuration and other things are absolutly same..

But the movement I say connect to r-connect my laptop hang.. phone hang... and nothing works.

I have already tried using new connection from dial -up and.. different permutations using nokia and

r-connect software.

Pls provide what-ever help u can... its very urgent type.

Sir/Madam,

Please follow this prcedure. I may works.

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Services and Applications (from left side of the window and the last tab) -> Services -> Remote Procedure Call (RPC) properties -> Recovery Tab -> choose Restart the Services from the drop down menu for all failures (first, second and subsequent). Please follow same procedure for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator Properties.

Please inform your result.

All,

Please help.

Thanks,

Shiva

For all Nokia CA-42 users, it's a must to install proper CA-42 drivers first before trying to install RConnect s/w. I have already given the link for Correct RConnect s/w. Below is the process to FIRST load the CA-42 properly. Pls follow this-

Before Installation The minimum system requirements are: −

At least 30 MB of free disk space.

One of the following operating systems: Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 Windows XP with Service Pack 1 Windows 98SE (Second Edition) Windows Me Free USB port for connecting the cable. Note that you can download the correct Service Pack for Windows 2000 and Windows XP from Microsoft Web pages.

• Uninstall any previous versions of Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers from your PC. Uninstall also any previous versions of the DKU-2 drivers. Restart the computer.

• Do not connect the cable until you have installed Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers.

2. Installing Nokia CA-42 Cable Drivers

• Exit all programs and make backup copies of all-important data to protect against possible loss or alteration.

• If you install Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers from CD-ROM, do the following:

• Click Install Software from the CD-ROM main menu and then click USB driver installation

• Install Shield Wizard starts the installation program

• If you install Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers from the www.nokia.com Support web pages, do the following:

o Save the file from the web page to a preferred location on your computer

o Close the Internet browser

o Browse to the downloaded file and double-click Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers

o Install Shield Wizard starts the installation program and you will be displayed a screen for the same

• Click the <Next> button to continue and you will be displayed another screen.

• Select the <Accept the terms in the License Agreement> option and click the <Next> button to continue and you will be displayed another screen.

• Click the <Next> button to continue.

• When prompted for the Digital Signature, click the <Next> button and you will be displayed another screen.

• Click the <Finish> button to complete the cable driver installation. The drivers will be installed in the following folder in your PC, C:\Program Files\Nokia\Connectivity Cable Driver.

1. Installing a new Modem

• Installation of the modem is an automated process. Follow the wizard to install the modem.

• Attach the cable to the phone end and insert the other end in the USB slot on your PC. On detetion of the phone a window will pop-up.

• In the digital signature window, click <Yes> to install the modem.

Uninstalling Nokia CA-42 Modem.

• Follow the instructions below to uninstall the modem.

• In the Control Panel, select the Phone and Modem Options.

• Select the Modems tab and in the modems displayed, highlight the Nokia CA-42 USB option and click <Remove>. You will be prompted to confirm the removal of the modem from your PC.

Setting up the Modem.

• Prior to connecting to the Internet, you have to configure the modem as described below.

• In the Desktop, right-click the My Computer icon and select Properties. Select the Hardware tab and further click the Device Manager option.

• In the window as shown in the figure above, navigate to the Modems option and right-click on it and select Properties.

• You will be displayed another window as shown in the figure below.

• Navigate to the Advanced tab and select it. In the Extra initialization commands text-box, enter the following command; AT+CRM=1;+CSO=33 and click <Ok> to save the settings. Connecting to the Internet (Index) Creating an Internet Connecting.

• Follow the instructions below to create an Internet connection.

• In the Control Panel, select the Network & Dial-up Connections.

• Select the Make New Connection option.

• A Network connection wizard will pop-up. Click <Next> to proceed.

• Select the Dial-up to the Internet option and click <Next> to continue.

• Check mark the I want to sign up for a new Internet accont. [My telephone line is connected to my modem.] option and click <Next> to proceed.

• Check-mark the I connect through a phone line and modem option and click <Next> to continue.

• In the window displayed, when prompted to choose a modem, select the Nokia CA-42 USB modem and click <Next> to proceed. Internet Account Connection Information.

• In the window displayed, enter the telephone number as #777 and select the Country/region name and code as India [91]. • Check-mark the Use area code and dialing rules option and click <Next> to continue.

• Enter the User name (MDN) and Password (MDN) of your phone without the 0 (zero). For e.g., 9322000001. Click <Next> to proceed.

• Enter a name for the connection that you have created and click <Next> to proceed.

• When prompted to set up the Internet mail account, check-mark No and click <Next> to continue.

• On successful completion of the wizard the above screen will be displayed. Click <Finish> to complete the Internet connnection wizard. Connecting to the Internet.

• Navigate to the following options, Control Panel > Network and Dial-up Connections and select the connection that you have created for the Nokia CA-42 cable.

• Double Click the dialer, ensure username as your phone no and password as your phone no....and happy surfing !!

Hi Rajeev,

Two little doubts

1. Does the solution hold for Windows XP Media Edition 2005 SP2

2. By default r connect/ nokia pc suit load DKU-5 drivers r u sure about the

DKU-2 drivers.

3. When you say kill all program =>

a) I go to task manager and kill all applications

or

:confuse: should I kill the services also in the services also

like svchost, google desktop etc.....

Needed this clarification since I have already tried almost all the permutaion and combination.

I ll get back with status.

Arora

Hi ,

I tried the solution on my XP-media centre laptop.

>>>>IT DOES NOT WORK<<<<< :)

The pdf on nokia site for DKU-2 says that the drivers are not supported for

MEDIA CENTRE EDITION.........

ANY one with any crack for the same.....

PLS PLS PLS it very urgent for me...

Thanks Rajeev for you earlier descriptive mail.. but my hard luck

it didn't worked for me.

Rgds

Arora

Hi Rajeev,

Two little doubts

1. Does the solution hold for Windows XP Media Edition 2005 SP2

2. By default r connect/ nokia pc suit load DKU-5 drivers r u sure about the

DKU-2 drivers.

3. When you say kill all program =>

a) I go to task manager and kill all applications

or

:winko: should I kill the services also in the services also

like svchost, google desktop etc.....

Needed this clarification since I have already tried almost all the permutaion and combination.

I ll get back with status.

Arora

Dear Amit,

The first procedure was for CA-42 cables. Procedure for DKU-5 cables is as below--

Modem Setting Connecting to the Internet Installing Nokia DKU-2 Cable Drivers.

1. Before Installation The minimum system requirements are: −

One of the following operating systems:

Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 Windows XP with Service Pack 1 Windows 98SE (Second Edition) Windows Me Free USB port for connecting the cable. Note that you can download the correct Service Pack for Windows 2000 and Windows XP from Microsoft Web pages.

• Uninstall any previous versions of Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers from your PC. Uninstall also any previous versions of the DKU-2 drivers. Restart the computer.

• Do not connect the cable until you have installed Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers. 2. Installing Nokia DKU-2 Cable Drivers

• Exit all programs and make backup copies of all-important data to protect against possible loss or alteration.

• If you install Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers from CD-ROM, do the following:

• Click Install Software from the CD-ROM main menu and then click USB driver installation

• If you install Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers from the www.nokia.com Support web pages, do the following:

o Close the Internet browser o Browse to the downloaded file and double-click Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers

o Install Shield Wizard starts the installation program and you will be displayed a screen

• Click the <Next> button to continue and you will be displayed a screen.

• Select the <Accept the terms in the License Agreement> option and click the <Next> button to continue and you will be displayed a screen.

• When prompted for the Digital Signature, click the <Next> button and you will be displayed another screen.

• Click the <Finish> button to complete the cable driver installation. The drivers will be installed in the following folder in your PC, C:\Program Files\Nokia\Connectivity Cable Driver.

Installing the Modem (Index) 1. Installing a new Modem

• Installation of the modem is an automated process. Follow the wizard to install the modem. • Attach the cable to the phone end and insert the other end in the USB slot on your PC. On detetion of the phone a window will pop-up.

Note: Where xxx is the name of your Nokia handset model. The modem name displayed will vary according to the model of the handset that you have connected.

• In the digital signature window, click <Yes> to install the modem. Note: Where xxx is the name of your Nokia handset model. The modem name displayed will vary according to the model of the handset that you have connected.

Uninstalling the Modem (Index) Uninstalling Nokia DKU-2 Modem.

• In the Control Panel, select the Add/Remove Programs option.

• As displayed above, highlight the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver option and click <Change/Remove>.

Check-mark the Yes, I want to restart my computer now option and click <Finish> to uninstall the modem drivers. Uninstalling the Modem

• Select the Modems tab and in the modems displayed, highlight your phone model and click <Remove>. Note: Where xxx is the name of your Nokia handset model. The modem name displayed will vary according to the model of the handset.

• You will be prompted to confirm the removal of the modem from your system. Click <Yes> to uninstall the same. Modem Setting (Index) Setting up the Modem.

• Prior to connecting to the Internet, you have to configure the modem as described below.

• In the Desktop, right-click the My Computer icon and select Properties. Select the Hardware tab and further click the Device Manager option.

• In the window as shown now, navigate to the Modems option and right-click on Nokia xxx USB and select Properties.

• You will be displayed another window. Note: Where xxx is the name of your Nokia handset model. The modem name displayed will vary according to the model of the handset that you have connected during the installation process.

• Navigate to the Advanced tab and select it. In the Extra initialization commands text-box, enter the following command; AT+CRM=1;+CSO=33 and click <Ok> to save the settings.

Connecting to the Internet (Index) Creating an Internet Connecting.

• In the Control Panel, select the Network & Dial-up Connections option.

• Check mark the I want to sign up for a new Internet accont. [My telephone line is connected to my modem.] option and click <Next> to proceed.

• Check-mark the I connect through a phone line and modem option and click <Next> to continue.

• In the window displayed now, when prompted to choose a modem, select the modem and click <Next> to proceed.

• Note: Where xxx is the name of your Nokia handset model. The modem name displayed will vary according to the model of the handset that you have connected during the installation process. Internet Account Connection Information.

• In the window displayed now, enter the telephone number as #777 and select the Country/region name and code as India [91].

• Check-mark the Use area code and dialing rules option and click <Next> to continue.

• Enter the User name (MDN) and Password (MDN) of your phone without the 0 (zero). For e.g., 9322000001. Click <Next> to proceed.

• Enter any name that you want to use for the connection that you have created and click <Next> to proceed.

• When prompted to set up the Internet mail account, check-mark No and click <Next> to continue.

• On successful completion of the wizard, Click <Finish> to complete the Internet connnection wizard. Connecting to the Internet. • Navigate to the following options, Control Panel > Network and Dial-up Connections and select the connection that you have created.

All the best!!

Hello,

I have a NOKIA 2112 CDMA RIM. Recently i got a DKU-5 CABLE with all the required drivers, etc. I am using WIN XP, but the OS is not able to recognise the modem in my phone.

Where am i going wrong?

I am able to use PC suite perfectly fine for transferring phone book etc, but not able to connect using R-Connect.

Kindly HELP!!

Thanks!

Dear Rajeev,

To install R-connect to my laptop thru N-2112 (with CA-42 cable), I installed Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers from the www.nokia.com Support web pages. I then followed your refered link & downloaded RConnect s/w from reliance website. On installing the RConnect s/w, it again asks for installing cable driver (which means that it does not recognise already installed cable driver). If I say yes, it automatically installs the DKU-5 drivers. Subsequently, it asks me to connect the phone. On connection, the laptop recognises the new hardware & installs the modem. Even though the system pops up that modem is installed (which I also checked in control panel > phones & modems), the RConnect s/w does not proceed further. It does not make the 'Next' tab active for me to complete the installation.

I checked out with few friends & came to know tht it is a frequent problem.

Any ideas on this?

For all Nokia CA-42 users, it's a must to install proper CA-42 drivers first before trying to install RConnect s/w. I have already given the link for Correct RConnect s/w. Below is the process to FIRST load the CA-42 properly. Pls follow this-

Before Installation The minimum system requirements are: −

One of the following operating systems: Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 Windows XP with Service Pack 1 Windows 98SE (Second Edition) Windows Me Free USB port for connecting the cable. Note that you can download the correct Service Pack for Windows 2000 and Windows XP from Microsoft Web pages.

• Do not connect the cable until you have installed Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers.

2. Installing Nokia CA-42 Cable Drivers

o Close the Internet browser

o Browse to the downloaded file and double-click Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers

o Install Shield Wizard starts the installation program and you will be displayed a screen for the same

• Click the <Next> button to continue and you will be displayed another screen.

• Select the <Accept the terms in the License Agreement> option and click the <Next> button to continue and you will be displayed another screen.

1. Installing a new Modem

• Installation of the modem is an automated process. Follow the wizard to install the modem.

• Attach the cable to the phone end and insert the other end in the USB slot on your PC. On detetion of the phone a window will pop-up.

• In the digital signature window, click <Yes> to install the modem.

Uninstalling Nokia CA-42 Modem.

• Select the Modems tab and in the modems displayed, highlight the Nokia CA-42 USB option and click <Remove>. You will be prompted to confirm the removal of the modem from your PC.

Setting up the Modem.

• In the window as shown in the figure above, navigate to the Modems option and right-click on it and select Properties.

• You will be displayed another window as shown in the figure below.

• Navigate to the Advanced tab and select it. In the Extra initialization commands text-box, enter the following command; AT+CRM=1;+CSO=33 and click <Ok> to save the settings. Connecting to the Internet (Index) Creating an Internet Connecting.

• In the Control Panel, select the Network & Dial-up Connections.

• In the window displayed, when prompted to choose a modem, select the Nokia CA-42 USB modem and click <Next> to proceed. Internet Account Connection Information.

• In the window displayed, enter the telephone number as #777 and select the Country/region name and code as India [91]. • Check-mark the Use area code and dialing rules option and click <Next> to continue.

• Enter a name for the connection that you have created and click <Next> to proceed.

• On successful completion of the wizard the above screen will be displayed. Click <Finish> to complete the Internet connnection wizard. Connecting to the Internet.

• Navigate to the following options, Control Panel > Network and Dial-up Connections and select the connection that you have created for the Nokia CA-42 cable.

• Double Click the dialer, ensure username as your phone no and password as your phone no....and happy surfing !!