Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
bhatiasahil2004

Nokia 6155

I heard from someone that this is the first NOKIA handset to fully support R-World (including the R-Surf appliaction). Is that true???

Can we really browse WAP 2.0 (xHTML) content on this handset?? Are there any restrictions on opening any sites or downloading content onto the handset as in case of other handsets??

If yes, how is it otherwise??

Has anyone used it??

Please reply soon.....Waiting eagerly for your replies

You dont reuqire R SURF on 6155, as you can browse full fledged with OPERA MINI. One can visit even HTML content, only thing is lay out will be bad. I can use yahoo messanger from yahoo site directly, thereby bypassing R WORLD. There are email applications too available. It can access web directly. Without need of R WORLD.

Not all R world applications are working, frankly I am least bothered as I have almost full fledged browser.

I will try to post screen shots for those interested by today evening. (No promise)

and for internet access, what are the charges? I am still not getting one thing, why settle for this if you are getting Bluetooth enabled 6255 at some 2000 Rs extra? Any particular reasons?

and for internet access, what are the charges? I am still not getting one thing, why settle for this if you are getting Bluetooth enabled 6255 at some 2000 Rs extra? Any particular reasons?

Bluetooth and expandable memory is a good feature, but when you want access to internet, e mails (all not the one or few provided by R WORLD) then we do not have any option but to go for browsers or mail client not supported by R WORLD.

Such clients are supported only in 6155, no other phone except kyo7135 (it has its own browser and mail client on R CONNECT) I will post details with photographs so that all members understands what are the benefits of WAP browser over RWORLD JAVA client. Please wait for day or two

I confirmed with the pricing about 6255 with Chairman' office - For 6255 they charges 13218 where as for 6155 its 9700 - 10100 .Is wap disabled in 6255? . I have attached the price list i got from chairman's office

Handset_Price.doc

Here are screen shot of OPERA MINI browser. Same can be done using WAP browser OR RWORLD as called by RIM. But I think opera charges may be for RCONNECT not RWORLD

post-842-1153547281_thumb.jpgpost-842-1153547292_thumb.jpgpost-842-1153547303_thumb.jpgpost-842-1153547324_thumb.jpgpost-842-1153547334_thumb.jpgpost-842-1153547342_thumb.jpg

Now I envy 6155... though I hate the clamshell design - have had enough of clamshell in Samsung A-563.

[Off-Topic]

I installed Opera Mini on my 6235. On testing the network it says "You have a working network connection." However, if I try to browse something it says "There was a network error code: t120". :lol::lol::D

Koi to ADA ko bolo ki agar 6155 or 6265 ko WAP access de sakta hai to 6235 ko kyon nahin?

[/Off-topic]

Here the problem I had faced with Nokia and Reliance for 6155.

1>In nokia site there are two data cable compatibility list....one is flash version and another one is plain old list.

In list they are demanding that u gotta use only CA-53 4 Nok 6155 where as in Flash version they are telling that u can use either CA-53 or DKU-2.

So i tried DKU-2 and the softwares that comes with DKU-2 but failed then I tried installing from CD that comes along with Nokia 6155 with no result.

Same result I got even with CA-53(both CA-53 Cd and Nok 6155 Cd fails).

Then with no hope left i decided to turn every possible stone and installed PC Suite 6.6(drivers for CA-42,CA-53 and DKU-2 got installed automatically with dis ,no need 4 installing drivers separately...as claimed by Nokia).

After installing I uninstall the Driver only manually keeping the suite untouched.then after restarting the Pc I installed the driver that is Provided by Reliance website(only driver not Pc suite) and BINGO!IT WORKS!

My question is I can understand the need of new driver customized for Reliance as they have modified the Firmware but It should be mentioned clearly in book or Nokia should provide the soft along with the CD.

Again in hand book Nokia is claiming that u can use both DKU-2 or CA-53 but In presentation CD and other liflets they are mentioning only CA-53.

If both Reliance and Nokia were more responsible then I could've saved the money I spent buying DKU-2.

Anyway after everything is finished I'm highly enjoying the phone,accessing mails and internet,playing Fifa 2006 by EA...overall It's a great phone from the cost performance ratio's point of view.

Now I envy 6155... though I hate the clamshell design - have had enough of clamshell in Samsung A-563.

[Off-Topic]

I installed Opera Mini on my 6235. On testing the network it says "You have a working network connection." However, if I try to browse something it says "There was a network error code: t120". :clap::clap::clap:

Koi to ADA ko bolo ki agar 6155 or 6265 ko WAP access de sakta hai to 6235 ko kyon nahin?

[/Off-topic]

Is 6265 wap enabled?

if it is I might buy it

Here the problem I had faced with Nokia and Reliance for 6155.

1>In nokia site there are two data cable compatibility list....one is flash version and another one is plain old list.

In list they are demanding that u gotta use only CA-53 4 Nok 6155 where as in Flash version they are telling that u can use either CA-53 or DKU-2.

So i tried DKU-2 and the softwares that comes with DKU-2 but failed then I tried installing from CD that comes along with Nokia 6155 with no result.

Same result I got even with CA-53(both CA-53 Cd and Nok 6155 Cd fails).

Then with no hope left i decided to turn every possible stone and installed PC Suite 6.6(drivers for CA-42,CA-53 and DKU-2 got installed automatically with dis ,no need 4 installing drivers separately...as claimed by Nokia).

After installing I uninstall the Driver only manually keeping the suite untouched.then after restarting the Pc I installed the driver that is Provided by Reliance website(only driver not Pc suite) and BINGO!IT WORKS!

My question is I can understand the need of new driver customized for Reliance as they have modified the Firmware but It should be mentioned clearly in book or Nokia should provide the soft along with the CD.

Again in hand book Nokia is claiming that u can use both DKU-2 or CA-53 but In presentation CD and other liflets they are mentioning only CA-53.

If both Reliance and Nokia were more responsible then I could've saved the money I spent buying DKU-2.

Anyway after everything is finished I'm highly enjoying the phone,accessing mails and internet,playing Fifa 2006 by EA...overall It's a great phone from the cost performance ratio's point of view.

If you look at inf file supplied with DKU2 drivers, there is no mention of 6235 or 6155. Where as drivers downloaded from reliance has. So Nokia drivers do not work. Nothing to do with firmware. Why you bought original cable? I bought cheap after market for 200 bucks as DKU-2 or CA53 are direct USB cables.

Edited by kshah

Is 6265 wap enabled?

if it is I might buy it

I am hoping it would be. ADA has done atleast one good thing - he seems to be migrating to RUIM-enabled phones, and considering that WAP is the way to go. let's wait for a few days, schumi will post the reality in a few days time.

I enquired about the R-WORLD availability in N6155 to chairman's office. They told me that it will be available from August 10 onwards. Is there anything true in this ?

I could send 600 KB MMS to e mail by tweaking 6155. This is just info.

hi,

i want to buy this handset, but its not available in bangalore... have been trying for last 3 weeks now.

called up customer care - they don't know when it will be available, mailed to service assurance cell - no reply yet.

Any one here has any idea, when it will be available, or if it is available then where in bangalore.

:help:

thanks in advance for the help.

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

I bought this two months ago from Sangeetha in Forum

Umesh

hi,

i want to buy this handset, but its not available in bangalore... have been trying for last 3 weeks now.

called up customer care - they don't know when it will be available, mailed to service assurance cell - no reply yet.

Any one here has any idea, when it will be available, or if it is available then where in bangalore.

:help:

thanks in advance for the help.

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

Thanks for the info... I called them, but they don't have it as of now.

Anyway, how is the phone... I haven't seen a proper review of Nokia 6155. Can you throw some light on how the phone is? It will sure be helpful for others as well.

I bought this two months ago from Sangeetha in Forum

Umesh

Will you be interested in used 6155? Just for 3 months? Let me know.

How is the phone? Any specific reason for changing it? and what would be the expected price?

What price you are looking at. Any specific reason for selling this phone????

'coz I am getting VX6600 in few days. I want to sell it for 9K.

The market price for 6155 is @ 9500/- so I am looking at price of @ 6500/-, subject to condition of phone.