Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

Roaming In Tata Network

I recently activated international roaming on my number. After returning back from abroad, I got it temporary disconnection. Today while just paying with my handset, I did following

1. Changed SID / NID of handset from reliance to tata

2. Changed channels from rim to tata.

After phone reset, my phone entered into digital roaming mode. I dont know if I am logged on to now RIM or tata but phone shows "DIGITAL ROAMING" I can make and receive calls. I will check bill for charges and post next month.

Has any one tried this before?

I could answer call but could not hear.

Edited by kshah

Just try calling *333 and check if it goes through ur on RIM otherwise ur on TATA ............ but mostly u r on RIM only

good idea, true I am on reliance network, but then how come I can log on to RIM with foreign SID / NID?

good idea, true I am on reliance network, but then how come I can log on to RIM with foreign SID / NID?

You will still be on reliance network even after changing sid/nid as long as your handset has prl of reliance.To log on to tata network ur handset needs tata prl.As far as garuda is concerned garuda works without prl,you just have to change the cdma channels and the sid/nid.

Hey whichhandset u using ??

Hey whichhandset u using ??

kyocera 7135