Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

can i convert my cdma lg rd 6130 to gsm if yes then how can it be done .....

YES u can but illegal and not worth to opt for this root looking at the Gsm handset prices!

is it some software or hardware thing ... and where can i get this done

can i convert from reliance to indiacom and how

You can not convert From Reliance to Tata, legally. And discussions about all other possiblemeans are :) on RIMweb.in

i have heard thats by just submitting your cell at the tata outlet you can get your reliance phone into tata indicom

or is therer any other way too

Well Puneet he is asking for one step ahead i.e. conversion to GSM not TATA CDMA ;)

so whats the big deal in letting him know how to convert cdma to gsm??? Anil Ambani has come up with screwed up schemes and many ppl want to shift.

Atleast help this guy in switching his phone to GSM so that he can use it with some other service provider or sell it off at a higher price coz it would be a GSM phone.

He also asked about converting from Reliance to Tata in post #3 above.

Also, I doubt if a converted handset would fetch a higher resale price, as any buyer would like to buy a non-tampered handset, rather then a tampered one.

me too want to convert my 5340 to GSM. I am from Kanpur, can anyone tell me is there anybody in kanpur who can convert it to GSM

Thanx in advance

Vishal

Are yaar....I've improved a lot in these technical thingies n all thanks to RimWeb.... i've also tried the NAM settings....nd found success in changing reliance no. frm one phone to other reliance handset(I used LG RD6000) i can also now find out SPC(kudos to all ya ppl out there!!!)

But the thing is HOW to convert my RD6000 to GSM ??? .I wud like to play with it cos its o' no use to me in reliance network. Evn the R-World is screwed up. I mean its o' no use. It doesn support JAVA but is based on BREW. This means we NEED to get the games from R-World(which costs arnd 99 bucks for a useless game) n no where... I don wanna loose this phone cosim satisfied wid the camera clarity nd the MP3 music... Moreover i've spent a bomb on it(10k bucks) .. so i cant jus leave it or sell it off at half cost.... I don evn hav any battery prob cos i've modified the Slot-Cycle index frm 2 to 5 nd its done a great job for my standby time... So all ya folks around there............. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz try to help me out yaar.... Any help wud be VERYYYYYYYYYYY greatful n useful.

Kudos,

Sunny!!!

Well guys its waste of time to discuss this topic.

"ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONVERT CDMA HANDSETS TO GSM"

PERIOD...

Is reverse possible?? I mean can we convert GSM phone to CDMA. Nokia is charging very high in CDMA models compared to equivalent GSM models. So if we can convert GSM to CDMA than we have vide variety of phone and not to depend on Mr. ADA's mood to launch useless models in their network.

Can you make a diesel engine car run on petrol and vice-versa without changing the engine?

How can you change GSM to CDMA and CDMA to GSM without changing the chipset? In effect, you keep only the body and rest everything changes, what's the use of such a change?

Thanks Punit,

You explained with appropriate example. Sometimes we dream something without using brain. But thanks you people are there who shows reality.

i have heard thats by just submitting your cell at the tata outlet you can get your reliance phone into tata indicom

or is therer any other way too

:blink:

Would you please be kind enough to disclose the name of the outlet?

;)

Actually tata dont lock Nokia handsets as reliance do and they even dont change any settings including browser.

And it is impossible to convert CDMA to GSM or vice-versa

Not exactly. Linux and Windows are both OSes which run on the computer hardware. I would say it is similar to converting a PC to a Mac.

Not exactly. Linux and Windows are both OSes which run on the computer hardware. I would say it is similar to converting a PC to a Mac.

we can convert our gsm to cdma... it is possible... its done in new Delhi gaffar market...

If ne one wants to do so, go up to the mcd market there.

how much do they charge ? and can any gsm phone be converted to run on cdma reliance ?

we can convert our gsm to cdma... it is possible... its done in new Delhi gaffar market...

If ne one wants to do so, go up to the mcd market there.

Well as far as technologies goes its nearly impossible to convert nay CDMA handset to GSM or vice versa.

Its possible only if someone manage to cut the GSM board to fit in CDMA housing :winko:

how come then, at the time mobile reliace was available at 501 was taken to the gaffar market in delhi.. to fit the sim. it was possible in lg2030.

i never tried, i had DAPO then...

Now a days its impossible to convert CDMA Phones to GSM phones and vice versa. If you want to use CDMA phone as GSM phone and vice versa, try a mobile with both operating frequencies. I think it is avaiblable in market. Or in future all phones can operate in both CDMA and GSM networks. If Reliance will opt for new technologies like WCDMA, then it is easy. I think, TRAI approved new spectrum frequencies for 3G networks and will implemented on september.