Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
patnaik

Multiple Posts Missing - Where are my posts ?

Moderators of these forums should show good etiquette. Sometimes they do not. For example, one of my posts was deleted but I was not provided an explanation. A simple private message should have sufficed.

As such I do not see why the post was deleted. The post just mentioned about a new discussion group on Google groups for Tata Indicom users to cater to their needs the way RIMweb does. Though this is not directly related to RIM services, many RIM users are also Tata Indicom users (like myself) and it was posted in the 'General chat' section.

Edited by patnaik

All posts that are deleted by moderators on RIMweb.in are actually moved to an invisible sub-forum "Junkyard" and as of now it has no post from you. I believe your post was lost due to some other error, if you could please let us know the time of your post, maybe we could checkout what actually happened to it.

Arun: Please see if there was a technical glitch or something, as amitbt22 is also complaining about his post being deleted.

yup i did c the post yesterday !! i think it got deleted coz it contained links to other forums / blogs !! but i think the MOD who deleted it could give u a proper explanation to it

O ohhhhhh.

I got the reason...

HOW? :P

Lemme explain......

Yesterday night when I tried to login the forum, I got SQL Query ERROR.

And now when I logged in, I too found that one of my post got deleted, which I posted yesterday. :(

Seems there was some database problem and the Backed-up database has been restored, so some of the posts hv been lost! :confuse:

[CORRECTION]

My 2 posts got deleted. :P

[/CORRECTION]

There does seem to be a mySQL database restoration done early on Monday, but I am/was totally unaware of that. After I checked the raw logs for the day, I did find that there was a mySQL error logged which was caused due to memory allocation limit exceeding in Apache's setting. I am not very sure why my Administrator had to overwrite the database instead (I'm yet to contact him), or maybe the database could have got corrupted and had to be restored from the backup as Vishal pointed out. So I am inquiring with him on what really happened, and some of you have been sent PM regarding it, and hope your replies will assist me me finding out what really happened. If the database was restored, I assume atleast 6 hours of data was lost in the process, and I sincerely apologize to those who find their posts missing. Even if your post was removed by a moderator, it will land in the "Junkyard" forum as Puneet pointed out, so we should be able to check out why your topic/post was removed. And if your post wasn't a spam, then you should be receiving a PM from the moderator explaining why your post/topic was removed. Anyway, this particular case doesn't have anything to do with a moderator removing your topic/post, but it was a technical issue which I am investigating upon now. More updates will be posted here as the inquiry progresses.

Update: PM sent to amitbt22, raccoon, patnaik and Vishal Gupta. If anyone has seen their posts missing, please do let me know by PM. Thanks !

My post are also being deleted. I have seen the no. of post I have made uptill now were 92 but today in the morning when I saw they were 86.

I don't know whether they are deleted by some moderators or its the system fault.

Please check

If it was today, then it has nothing to do with the database restore issue that occured on July 30/31. Or did you say that the post count was 92 on July 31st morning ? If you find that your post count has decreased automatically, then check this topic. Other than that, if your post was deleted, then it would be in the Junkyard forum, but there is no post from you (vishal) when I checked there now.