Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

Hi guys,

Need so help from u all...i own a nokia 6265 for around a mnth now & what i have noticed is somehow, sum dust particles have entered my phone...what i mean is in my screen i can see some dust particales...unlike other nokia phone i cant find a way to open it and clean it....

As i am sure u r aware nokia phone have a cover which has a portion which is transparent below that is the real screen....between that i see dust particales....i hope ive explained this well.....

Any1 in here knows how to open the cover to clean it....or has any1 faced the same problem & got it cleant frm sumwhere....do let me knw guys

P.S i am very suprised how it has entered coz i tried searching any place from where it can enter but failed to find out.....

Chow

I have the same problem in my phone as well. Although I have never tried to open it but even I dont know how the dust got there.

It happened in the first week itself, and then I have put the scratch guard and then the dust content has not increased. If nebody knows how to remove it plz let me know

Problem With Themes!

Whenever I change the themes in my phone the ringtones also get changed automatically. I dont want the ringtones to change (they always go back to default settings -Sare Jahan Se achha). Does anybody else also face the same problem?

Guys i noticed the same problem of dust inside the cover of the screen two days back...... seems like we can't to anything about it. just keep the phone away from dust.....hard to do!!!

I had read read on some international forum about people complaining about the same problem..

Maybe we'll need to get it cleaned from nokia service if it becomes too troublesome

I havent had this problem of dust though I have had this phone for a total of 3 weeks only.

I however did not remove the default screen protector, dont know if that helped. Also I think screen protectors are available in the mrket too. so please put on one.

As it is the phone is vulnerable to scratches as the rest of the frame and the screen are on the same level.

I am noticing posts on WAP on this forum but it looks like not yet resolved.

On the same regards I was able to access WAP in 2nd week of August not sure about the date. Then after that it stopped working "Service Unavailable", I called Reliance Customer Care on the same regard First time they said the system is slow and call back tomorrow and then he disconnected the phone and not give me chance to talk.

Being and IT guy, I understand system can have problems, anyway assuming the systems really having problem I called back after two days but first they put me on hold and after 7 minutes (around) the lady said this is a temporary technical problem and will be solved ASAP, she also said she can not give any dates.

We all know (rather assume) a technical problem at reliance should not last for two days, then I called back again and surprisingly the lady said Reliance does not support WAP, and when we support we will let you know through SMS. I was like :confuse: This was a surprising shock to me and after then I understand Customer Support Guys are TOTALLY WASTE. Calling them is no use. They do not even care if we say that "I am going to terminate using the Reliance Services".

Well, I mailed customer support and it is already three days and no reply let.

I am also surprised to know that Reliance has so poor customer support (at least telephonic support is worst). I was using “Tata Indicom” before and I never had problem with WAP (sorry, I do not mean to Marked Tata Indicom). Also, customer support was little better then Reliance.

I belong to the group of Unsatisfactory Customers and if the situation continuous I think I will return the connection. I am sure other will follow the same if the the support is same.

Edited by soni199

I havent had this problem of dust though I have had this phone for a total of 3 weeks only.

I however did not remove the default screen protector, dont know if that helped. Also I think screen protectors are available in the mrket too. so please put on one.

As it is the phone is vulnerable to scratches as the rest of the frame and the screen are on the same level.

I removed my phone's screen protector by mistake while cutting away its flap. Anywa i don't think that the dust is entering from anywhere near the screen...its from some edge...most likely the D pad seems to be the point of entry..... all the fibres sticking to the screen are distributed in the lower cente only. its very minute problem, only visible when the phones' backlight is off and the ambient light is bright...like in the sun.

i think over a period of time this will incease and then it might become a problem. i hope that it doesn't happen to all the sets.

As Tanveer pointed out the screen is prone to scratches and should be protected.....i saw sacrath guards for sale on ebay.co.in, i've ordered mine.

BTW, tomorrow happens to be the 27th.....the D Day for resumption of WAP services as promised by the service assurance cell calls and mails. Keep your fingers crossed guys!! lets hope for the best!

@Schumi: try only with Data cable, I dont think it will work with BT

I had used it with 6255 using data cable

what all can be done using data cable and diego software?

today is 26 th.can wap service start on 27th

wait

and

watch

Well I dont think WAP will start on 27th Aug(thats tomorrow). Trusting dates given by Reliance is absolutely stupidity. Even I have spoken to Reliance Cust care and as usual they donot know when will WAP start.Even Reliance techinicians are no better. They cant handle their own system so I dont understand how will they handle their loyal customer request. But I really hope WAP starts at the earliest.

I am noticing posts on WAP on this forum but it looks like not yet resolved.

On the same regards I was able to access WAP in 2nd week of August not sure about the date. Then after that it stopped working "Service Unavailable", I called Reliance Customer Care on the same regard First time they said the system is slow and call back tomorrow and then he disconnected the phone and not give me chance to talk.

Being and IT guy, I understand system can have problems, anyway assuming the systems really having problem I called back after two days but first they put me on hold and after 7 minutes (around) the lady said this is a temporary technical problem and will be solved ASAP, she also said she can not give any dates.

We all know (rather assume) a technical problem at reliance should not last for two days, then I called back again and surprisingly the lady said Reliance does not support WAP, and when we support we will let you know through SMS. I was like :Ohhhh: This was a surprising shock to me and after then I understand Customer Support Guys are TOTALLY WASTE. Calling them is no use. They do not even care if we say that "I am going to terminate using the Reliance Services".

Well, I mailed customer support and it is already three days and no reply let.

I am also surprised to know that Reliance has so poor customer support (at least telephonic support is worst). I was using “Tata Indicom” before and I never had problem with WAP (sorry, I do not mean to Marked Tata Indicom). Also, customer support was little better then Reliance.

I belong to the group of Unsatisfactory Customers and if the situation continuous I think I will return the connection. I am sure other will follow the same if the the support is same.

I m totally agree with him:: these RIM CC guys are really DODOs , knowing nothing:: even i m not at all satisfied with there telephonic support and planing to shut down this bul s h i t :NOTriste:

Even I dont believe that they will resolve this issue by the given date,

Moreover some of the members have also recieved mails saying that they were jus testing and will commercially launch WAP soon.

Well its really sad that Reliance is very poor in customer satisfaction as compared to other operators like Hutch. :Ohhhh: Whenever we call the Reliance Cust care or visit the Webworld it seems that we have more knowledge and information about Reliance Infocomm than them.Its like we tell them about the new handsets and the new services available in Reliance.Sometimes I dont feel like calling the Cust care because 90% their systems are under upgradation.Its so irritating.And as I have mentioned above that their techinical and billing staff are no better. :NOTriste:

Let me tell you"ll what happened with me recently,sorry as this is a off topic.I had taken my connection in May,2003 in DAPO and in May,2006 I completed my 36 months but still I was charged Rs 200(other plan charges) inthe month of June and July,2006.I registered a complaint for it and then got no phone call for the next 4-5 days.I called the Cust care today to know the status of the complaint and they told that the complaint has been solved and the resolution from the Billing Dept was that I had taken the connection in Oct,2003 and not May,2003 and I will be charged Rs 200 till October,2006.I was surprised to hear that. :Ohhhh: I told the executive that I have the reciept that I had taken the connection in May,2003 and I also asked her to check my first bill and then she confirmed that I was right and then forwarded the complaint again.I mean this is just completely stupid.The Billing dept even doesnot know when the Cust has actually activated the connection.They are really foolish. :angry:

I think we are only stuck with Reliance because of its tariff and nothing else.The Reliance network is also very poor in Maharashtra specially on high ways.Also the handset range is limited.Plus services like WAP,MMS are not promoted.I think Mr.Ambani needs to do something soon because the day some operator offers tariff like Reliance,almost 20-40% customers will quit Reliance.I think Reliance needs good Cust care staff as well as Billing and tech staff at the earliest.

.........I think we are only stuck with Reliance because of its tariff and nothing else.The Reliance network is also very poor in Maharashtra specially on high ways.Also the handset range is limited.Plus services like WAP,MMS are not promoted.I think Mr.Ambani needs to do something soon because the day some operator offers tariff like Reliance,almost 20-40% customers will quit Reliance.I think Reliance needs good Cust care staff as well as Billing and tech staff at the earliest.

The Economic Times has an article titled CDMA Operators for Image Makeover at http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1927723.cms, where it is reported that TATA and Reliance are now offering high end Sets with high end technology for better returns instead of focussing on the ABCD (Aya-Bhayya-Carpenter-Driver)!

It may be true in case of Tata as one can see them making an effort to get brand recognition as providers of High end sets like Moto etc but Reliance case seems strange, to say the least.

Observe that It is Nokia that has released TV advts for 6265 and not Reliance. Is it because Nokia India was fed up waiting for Reliance to come with the advts and gain from its features? If Reliance is indeed trying to attract high end users than its corporate efforts are failing. It is unable to make use of the advantages offered by CDMA technology for high end users of say WAP. Reliance could have got a big media mileage and a boost to its image if it had properly launched Nokia 6265 and also offered some of its features we were using like WAP browsing free for a certain period to be followed later with a usage based charging plan!

As a user of Reliance Info it is my sincere wish that its competitor TATA Teleservices pulls up its socks fast, gets its act together and starts offering the best there is in CDMA. And than if market forces come into play may be Reliance Info will wake up from its 1950's management slumber and will see the writing on the wall!

Recently, I read in newspapers and also saw news reports on TV that 3G services will soon be launched in India. I want to know if our handset ( Nokia 6265) supports this feature or not.

It seems reliance and tata are stuck with technology, they might have thought that Indian consumenr is as foolish as US who buys handset and wait for 2-3 years till company gives replacement or upgrade. Also they could not encash on capabilities of technology. They just seems to have thought that voice is sufficient to get good business.

Users of CDMA who can give revenue are data users, thats the reason they chose CDMA over GSM. Else prices of handsets were at par with GSM counter part, initially and now. And there is no need to pay premium to Qualcomm or Reiance or tata for voice services. GSM is just fine for that.

Reliace also thoght of having NTTDOCOMO model, which miserablyy failed due to poor content and greater competetion from other open ended service providers like yahoo and indiatimes.

Still reliance believe in closed ended policcy like not accepting handsets from others, no ruim to consumers etc. Where as tata seems to have understood the need and they provide ruim, accept handsets etc. Even their configurations are open ended then reliance

Else with widest network on reliance, if they really openup themselves, like china unicom which implemented fully ruim based network, I dnt think any one can beat reliance.

Well its really sad that Reliance is very poor in customer satisfaction as compared to other operators like Hutch. :Ohhhh: Whenever we call the Reliance Cust care or visit the Webworld it seems that we have more knowledge and information about Reliance Infocomm than them.Its like we tell them about the new handsets and the new services available in Reliance.Sometimes I dont feel like calling the Cust care because 90% their systems are under upgradation.Its so irritating.And as I have mentioned above that their techinical and billing staff are no better. :NOTriste:

Let me tell you"ll what happened with me recently,sorry as this is a off topic.I had taken my connection in May,2003 in DAPO and in May,2006 I completed my 36 months but still I was charged Rs 200(other plan charges) inthe month of June and July,2006.I registered a complaint for it and then got no phone call for the next 4-5 days.I called the Cust care today to know the status of the complaint and they told that the complaint has been solved and the resolution from the Billing Dept was that I had taken the connection in Oct,2003 and not May,2003 and I will be charged Rs 200 till October,2006.I was surprised to hear that. :Ohhhh: I told the executive that I have the reciept that I had taken the connection in May,2003 and I also asked her to check my first bill and then she confirmed that I was right and then forwarded the complaint again.I mean this is just completely stupid.The Billing dept even doesnot know when the Cust has actually activated the connection.They are really foolish. :angry:

I think we are only stuck with Reliance because of its tariff and nothing else.The Reliance network is also very poor in Maharashtra specially on high ways.Also the handset range is limited.Plus services like WAP,MMS are not promoted.I think Mr.Ambani needs to do something soon because the day some operator offers tariff like Reliance,almost 20-40% customers will quit Reliance.I think Reliance needs good Cust care staff as well as Billing and tech staff at the earliest.

I have faced similar problems with CC on the same issue. Even my phone was purchased in April 2003 and when i called up customer care for the scheme changeover details of DAPO offer, they said your phone services started from July 2003. Its very strange. They have a very SAD customer service cell. I really appreciate the Customer service cells of other operators like Airtel or Hutch. They act so promptly.

With regard to "system upgradation", I guess that is just a bahana which they use as shield to protect themselves. From three years every other day there is a system upgradation. Its high time they do something about it.

On a lighter side...i would like u guys to watch this video on call centers. Its a deviation off topic...but its what our plight is... very well highlighted....

http://www.callcentermovie.com/movie/movie2.html

Ps: this clip will be better viewd on broadband/cable or fast connections. Dont try on dial-up.

- Dharmesh

Guys I am back after a short break and spent last hour reading all the posts I missed. Even I am quite unhappy at no WAP access anymore. Also I have noticed that my battery is living little longer now. I survived 5 days with my regular usage. Just hoping to get that WAP thing back....

@ ZAPPU

Its nice to hear that your battery could last 5 days. Could u please highlight your usage in terms of mins (approx) of talk time and what applications you use.

Cause my battery lasts only about 1 1/2 days at the most. My calls would be like abt 20 mins and abt 60 sms sending/recieving.

Also tell us your method of charging the phone. When you would charges (on complete discharge or partial discharge)

thanks

Dharmesh

Hi Dharmesh - I get about 10 calls a day which means approx 20 mns of incoming and I make around 5 calls a day for apporx 20 min outgoing.... I use my camera alomost daily to click 5-6 pcis and use 4-5 mins of MP3..... Also I dont use the charger given with this handset because it takes hell lot of a time to charge.... this charger takes 3-4 hours for full charge whereas old chargers takes max 2 hours. I charge the phone only whne I get 3-4 batter lwo warning. Most of the time it runs for 4 days easily.

I hope it helps.

Well as expected WAP has not yet started. :Ohhhh: And as I have mentioned above that I think it wont start for the next 15-20 days.Maybe the delay is because Reliance must be working on the tariffs for WAP access.I think there will 2 schemes,1st with per download charges and the 2nd unlimited download by paying monthly rent for it.Hopefully the charges are cheap. :NOTriste:

Regarding the Battery,I have never used it till its completely empty.But still it works for about 2 days with basic talktime and usage and the battery meter shows below half.But I think with full battery we can use Mp3 player for about 2-3 hrs which is satisfactory. :angry:

I have put Scrath guard on my display on the same day when I purchased the handset.I have no problems of dust inside my display.And I suggest everyone to put scrath guard which can be reusable and is also rewashable.Its a bit expensive but not much of a difference.I purchased mine for Rs 150. :Ohhhh:

if anyone got the scratchguard from ebay, can u share the link/ seller s name?

Can anyone suggest how to change calendar reminder tone , I failed to get any clue regarding that & second issue which I noticed that once you set any video ringtone with one contact & when you re-start your mobile that setting will be no longer efficetive you will get default tone only so in other words you should not switch off your cell if you want to keep your video tone alive.. :wink:

Can anyone suggest how to change calendar reminder tone , I failed to get any clue regarding that & second issue which I noticed that once you set any video ringtone with one contact & when you re-start your mobile that setting will be no longer efficetive you will get default tone only so in other words you should not switch off your cell if you want to keep your video tone alive.. :wink:

Well I have a solution for your 1st problem.

1.Goto Calender > Select the day for which you want to be reminded.

2.Press Options and Goto Make a Note > Reminder

3.Type your message

4.Alarm On.

5.Then goto Alarm>Alarm Tone>Open Gallery>Change it.

For your 2nd problem,I have not downloaded any Videoringtones so I cannot suggest anything.

if anyone got the scratchguard from ebay, can u share the link/ seller s name?

Tanveer here is the link: http://search.ebay.in/search/search.dll?ht...2%26catref%3DC6

I've ordered mine but have not yet recieved it......so its not confirmed how it works.....the price is step but i'm ready to pay as i live in a remote place and won't get it herefor sure!!!

Hi Shcumi,

I have two 6265 handsets now... by enabeling bluetooth on both i have been able to connect each other... But how do i browse each others folders...

For eg. when i connect one of my 6265 to my computer, all the folders of 6265 appears on my computer...

can same happen when i connect one 6265 to another...

thankx in advance...

also shcumi,

You said you bought your scractch gaurd for 150 rs...

here is a link that one of our member provided...

http://search.ebay.in/search/search.dll?ht...2%26catref%3DC6

they are selling it for only rs 40...

how is your scratch gaurd... is it worth rs 150...

please answer my previous post alsoo....

thanks

Well I would advice everyone to check the Seller ratings and feedback on Ebay before purchasing anything.Now the Screen Guard is obviously cheap so not much risk but mainly for costly products.The User ratings are very important on Ebay. :Confuso:

Secondly I would advice everyone to purchase their Screen Guard for Nokia 6265 handset directly from a shop and not via Ebay because I dont think any Screen Guard available in the market fits the Nokia 6265 display perfectly.As this handset has been newly launched hence the exact size is not available inthe market yet. :Ohhhh: As you see the picture(attached below) is of Nokia 6680 and not Nokia 6265 handset.So its better to visit the shop directly and the person will only apply it for you and will adjust it accordingly on the display of Nokia 6265.You can visit Heera Panna(South Mumbai) for it but you should get it at any mobile shop.

post-9849-1156708499_thumb.jpg

Edited by schumi

Hi Shcumi,

I have two 6265 handsets now... by enabeling bluetooth on both i have been able to connect each other... But how do i browse each others folders...

For eg. when i connect one of my 6265 to my computer, all the folders of 6265 appears on my computer...

can same happen when i connect one 6265 to another...

thankx in advance...

thanks

Well no its not possible to browse the folders of 2 bluetooth connected handsets.With Bluetooth you can only transfer files and data but not browse folders of other connected handsets.Well yes you can do it when you are connected to the computer but not directly between 2 handsets. :Confuso:

Regarding the Screen Guard as I have mentioned above its better to pay more(max Rs 100) and get the perfect size Screen Guard. As I have mentioned that all the Screen Guards listed on Ebay are not of Nokia 6265 but of other models.And the Screen Guard that I purchased was not of any handset but was called an Open Guard.It had scales inbuilt and could be cut to any size and for any handset and hence it fitted perfectly on the Nokia 6265 handset.Even I tried Screen Guards of several handsets but none fitted perfectly.Well its just my advice now the decision is completely yours :Ohhhh: