Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sanjay S

Airtel Sharing Cosumer Information With Its Dealer/DSA Network

Dear Friends,

This is to bring to your attention & Warn you Next time when you apply for Airtel New Connection beware that you are submiting all your valulable information & documents to such a company which shares your information with its Dealer/DSA Network. If you need proof of this ask those Airtel Subscribers who receive large number of calls once they have taken Airtel connection. Well initially you may find its not as big issue as you might think and you would be happy to know that they are calling you to offer you something good for you. Generally they will call you for lucrative offer (This sounds good).

But you never know when this information could be shared with the Big D-Comany or any local fraud or someone ...you never know.

If you do not believe me please visit any of Airtel's DSA office or ask those guys from where they got your information when you receive any lucrative offer.

Read below one of the my case where I have lost my money and important documents (These documents could be used to take Loan, New mobile connection for illegal activities or something I do not know yet) to such Airtel Dealer/DSA.

Read below my story to see the tip of Ice berg.

Thank god I am lucky untill now, I have filed FIR with police to protect myself immediately.

I need to bring to your attention one of such case by Airtel.

Airtel shared my information with its DSA, This DSA/Dealer started calling me from time to time about new offers. One day I fell in trap and opted for new Airtel Post paid connection, Dealer delivered this post pack to my residence and collected Rs 600/- as mentioned on pack as MRP and documents for verification of address and identity.

After this incident this dealer closed his shop and did not submit my form and deposit to Airtel and my connection could not be started. After 15 days when I approach Airtel they did not undertake any responsibility and did not help me in tracing this dealer. At this point I am faced with 2 issues 1. Loss of Money 2. All my documents could be miss used by this fraud dealer.

But in this scenario Airtel is major culprit as they have shared my information with such fraudalent dealers and did not undertake any responsibility for their Act.

Regards

Sanjay

Edited by Sanjay S

buddy, why did you remove the references? Airtel has been known to swindle new users through its multitude of malpractices. Recently, I too had a VERY BAD experience myself. Just write to TRAI and CC it to Airtel and dont be afraid to CC it to Bharati Mittal himself. There is no standard in Airtel. None of their Nodal officers or Appellate officers EVER PICK UP CALLS. R******!!!!

Airtel is the 10th in top ten tech companies of world!!!!!! :NO: I wonder how? :(

Neither their network nor their attitude is good :SI:

:SI:

You are right Linux Guy, I have been trying to reach their numbers since last 3 days and there is no response either to phone or email.

Their relationship centers are even worse they say this Post Paid Pack is not valid as SIM no is not in their database.

See my point here is very simple. Airtel Sold Post Paid Pack to dealer, Dealer sold to me for Rs 599/- as it is written on pack as MRP.

I paid money to dealer, Now dealer should pay money to Airtel, If Airtel dealer has not paid this money to Airtel, Its not my fault its his dealer who are cheating to them. In this case Airtel should followup with their dealer and should take money. Instead of me following up.

As long as I have post paid pack with me. Which is issued by Airtel I should not be penalised. This is the place I am against Airtel.

Airtel is not taking appropriate action and action responsibiliy.

JAi ho Reliance ki, yahan aisa kuch nahin hota. ya hota hai????

ha ha ha just joking.

i never faced this problem with airtel :lol:

i am using postpaid connection. i paid Rs 200 to get the postpaid connection.

my first bill was around 224

2nd bill 170

and 3rd bill which i recently got was around Rs340. (wrong gprs charge, wrong airtel live charge) which was completely faulty bill when i called cc they gave me complete weaver. and than amount was reduced to 189 :D

ps: if u want to buy postpaid connection than don't purchase it from untrusted dealer or any shop always purchase it from airtel gallery.

Edited by cracker

sale sab lootne mein lge hain

Sanjay, your best bet is to visit their office at mindspace, malad. Go and give them a real piece of your mind. And make it a point to shout about how freakin' useless their nodal officer is!

sale sab lootne mein lge hain

he he here i am looting airtel and i moved to airtel after looting reliance hard :lol:

Sanjay, your best bet is to visit their office at mindspace, malad. Go and give them a real piece of your mind. And make it a point to shout about how freakin' useless their nodal officer is!

This is what is on Airtel Website

Appellate Authority -

You can contact the Appellate Authority as a final mechanism for grievance resolution during working hours 9:30 am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday. The appellate authority will get back to you customer through your preferred mode of contact with resolution within 7 working days.

Mumbai + 91 22 40031453

CEO.Direct@bharti.com

7th Floor, Bldg No -7, Interface, Mindspace, Link Road, Malad (W),Mumbai - 400064, Maharashtra

Now you can try this number endless times and we never be able to connect or talk to someone.

What is point of putting such a thing on website (Its just a formallity to fool TRAI that they have something like this)

It is organised day light fraud.

They force customers to take pain to visit their office which is in remote place. On arriving to these office you are not allowed to meet anyone. You can just drop your complaint for which there is no reference number or follow up.

I heard from one of clerk there these guys do not read these complaints at all. Just dump them.

Sanjay, thats what i told you. I am free for a few days now and am thinking of writing a very strong letter to TRAI over this nonsense that Airtel is.

Trai acts late but if your letter is read, they definitely take action. Trai is one of the most active governing body in India.

I had sent a letter complaining about Orange few years back and Orange gave me a call explaining the issue and gave all the clarifications after mentioning that this is as per ur complaint made to Trai against Orange.

But it took almost 2 months for this, by this time I had already forgotten the issue and also that I had written to Trai. But response from Orange was very good, after the call within 2 days they send a copy of all the details I asked from them, even the courier envelope was marked "Urgent". :Decepcionado:

Maybe Trai used to take longtime then but now situation has changed so u may get a early or maybe a more delayed reply....

Sanjay, thats what i told you. I am free for a few days now and am thinking of writing a very strong letter to TRAI over this nonsense that Airtel is.

Linuxguy I need couple of people who are facing similar problem like in ur and mine case Nodal Officer and Appellate Authority of Airtel not responding and are just for name sake. If we can get couple of other guys to support us then we can easily write collective mail to TRAI and complain about malpractise of Airtel. This kind of mail will have more impact on TRAI.

We can ask TRAI to reveiew how many such complaints are received at these level, How many are resolved. Why company is not responsding to email or phone etc.

This kind of campaign will ensure these b*****d's to change for better.

Let me know your comments.

I will ask everyone who reads this & feels it is worth supporting please post your views here.

We can have groups who can suppor either or all of issues

1. Information Sharing with DSA

2. Nodal Officer & Appellate Authority not functioning

Let me know which one each one of you would like to support, We can get united and write to TRAI.

Regards

Sanjay

Edited by Sanjay S

Sanjay, it would be better if we individually write and send a similar / same letter to TRAI complaining about the problems and malpractices of Airtel. BTW, I would support you on the second point as I haven't yet faced the first one.