Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sajokj

Anyway To Access Wap On Nokia 6255

I was trying to get wap on nokia 6255. Till now I am not able to get, now a days I only get Tools menu in R-world, All the nokia 6255 nokia users also gettting this menu only in R-world or not? can some one answer?

I was trying to get wap on nokia 6255. Till now I am not able to get, now a days I only get Tools menu in R-world, All the nokia 6255 nokia users also gettting this menu only in R-world or not? can some one answer?

1. WAP

Reliance has disabled WAP... it would start soon... dont know when..

u would come to know via "Relevant Media Channels"

2. WAP on 6255

i dont the phone has the feature

3. R-World

delete r world history/settings

dont remember what exactly the option is..

things should work fine

if it does not.. visit nokia service centre..

Good luck.

I don't think Reliance will start Wap again.

try tweaking your phone with WAP settings of 6265 or 6155, it may work. I dont know how WAP is provided on 6265, I have PRI file but when I see it there is no change except for SSA key and handset profile page. Since 6265 is RUIM based I dont know how they control authentication to server.

I tried with copying the 6155 settings to 6235, didn't work. My guess is that Reliance authenticates/allows access to WAP based on your handset as per their records.

I think what Puneet has mentioned is correct

I tried with copying the 6155 settings to 6235, didn't work. My guess is that Reliance authenticates/allows access to WAP based on your handset as per their records.

Then how come it can be accessed in RUIM enabled handsets? Means it has database of RUIM for WAP access but that too means that if you swap handset with same RUIM, WAP should not work????

^^^

Maybe. Technical specifications of 6235 are almost similar to 6155/6265 as far as the WAP is concerned, still WAP works on 6155 and doesn't works on 6265, and that was the only possible reason that came to my mind.

try tweaking your phone with WAP settings of 6265 or 6155, it may work. I dont know how WAP is provided on 6265, I have PRI file but when I see it there is no change except for SSA key and handset profile page. Since 6265 is RUIM based I dont know how they control authentication to server.

I tried copying the pri settings of 6265 on to 6255, when trying to connect it says authentication failed. Nevertheless I am attaching the pri settings difference sheet, see if anyone of you can make out where am I missing out something.

<< Attachment Removed - Please do not post your settings directly in the forum as sensitive information like MIN would be public >>

chances are there that there is no 6255.xml file on the server,or/and there is no 6255@relianceinfo.com

And posting your min no like this maybe harmful for you,its a private and unique no and anyone can misue it.