Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amitstg

Cost Of Replacing Damaged Laptop Screen ?

I have compaq 2207 AL celeron laptop, few days back my laptop screen freezed while working on it and after restart didnt show any clear display but a very light display comes after sometime and it doesnt refresh. It has 15" regular screen. Plz tell me how much amount will a replacement cost.

Why cant you call your lappy manufacturer and findout?

Before that check the display settiings.Even that may be the cause.

I have compaq 2207 AL celeron laptop, few days back my laptop screen freezed while working on it and after restart didnt show any clear display but a very light display comes after sometime and it doesnt refresh. It has 15" regular screen. Plz tell me how much amount will a replacement cost.

actually your lcd is perfect, the problem is with its inverter which in simple words converts dc volts to high ac voltage for the flourocent lamp of the tft,its a 2inch long component found under the tft with 5 wires in and 2 wires going to the tft flourocent lamp.you go to some laptop repairing people,or places where they repair motherboard and other computer hardwares in your area and have it repaired or replaced it may cost you around 1500-2000 if replaced.If you go to compaq or hp service center they will charge you for the full display and it would be around 28000 + labour+taxes,as they dont replace just the inverter but the full tft and component along with it.

Edited by prathod

sam problem i got and the repair charged me rs. 8000/- , a local repairer. Anyone from mumbai can repair it for me for cheap?

The trick is to open the lcd and remove the inverter and take it to the repair shop,It gives them a feeling that this person cant be fooled.I did the same and was charged 700 for repairing it and in another laptop the invertor was unrepairable and I had to give 1800 for another inverter.Both laptops were compaq and I took it to Vidhi computers in Borivli east.Then there is one Ruchi computers at mogra village Andheri east,they are also into chip level repairing and nowadays they are more into laptop screens and plasma.

But please dont try to open the lcd if you dont have basic technical knowledge,and even if you want to go ahead please do it after removing the charger and the battery.it would be advisable to download the repair manual of the respective model from thier site before attempting any repairs yourself.

sam problem i got and the repair charged me rs. 8000/- , a local repairer. Anyone from mumbai can repair it for me for cheap?

The trick is to open the lcd and remove the inverter and take it to the repair shop,It gives them a feeling that this person cant be fooled.I did the same and was charged 700 for repairing it and in another laptop the invertor was unrepairable and I had to give 1800 for another inverter.Both laptops were compaq and I took it to Vidhi computers in Borivli east.Then there is one Ruchi computers at mogra village Andheri east,they are also into chip level repairing and nowadays they are more into laptop screens and plasma.

But please dont try to open the lcd if you dont have basic technical knowledge,and even if you want to go ahead please do it after removing the charger and the battery.it would be advisable to download the repair manual of the respective model from thier site before attempting any repairs yourself.

can you plz provide link to get repair manual for my laptop (Compaq 2207 AL) , i have tried but couldnt find anywhere.

Thanks

can you plz provide link to get repair manual for my laptop (Compaq 2207 AL) , i have tried but couldnt find anywhere.

Thanks

I think this matches ur laptop.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00400869.pdf

search for service guide with model in hp.com,

Going to the service centre of the manufacturer is the best option I think. Remember, it may cost you some extra money but with genuine products.

Regards.

but dear honest bhai, who would advice to pay amount of 25k+, for the solution worth 2500. And that too for a laptop whose cost is less than 20k right now.

Going to the service centre of the manufacturer is the best option I think. Remember, it may cost you some extra money but with genuine products.

Regards.

good advice buddy,but do you know not a single part is manufactured by these so called giant laptop companies not even the stickers and logos they put,each of thier component is made by smaller companies from china and taiwan,the only difference is that if you buy from the laptop manufacturer you will have a sticker on it and if u buy it directly from the market it would be 10 times much cheaper.And if a person does not want to experiment and has tons of money to waste he should go directly to the manufacturer.

@amitstg: is the manual matching your laptop ?

can anyone give me tel no. of the person doing it in mumbai. any person who can repair mine laptop i.e. repalce tha tivnertor? give me no.

good advice buddy,but do you know not a single part is manufactured by these so called giant laptop companies not even the stickers and logos they put,each of thier component is made by smaller companies from china and taiwan,the only difference is that if you buy from the laptop manufacturer you will have a sticker on it and if u buy it directly from the market it would be 10 times much cheaper.And if a person does not want to experiment and has tons of money to waste he should go directly to the manufacturer.

@prathod

Ya exactly you are right my dear friend. But for this, one has to have very good knowledge of hardware of Laptops which u r providing right now in this thread. Keep it up my dear brother. (Lagey Raho Prathod Bhai).

Regards.

can anyone give me tel no. of the person doing it in mumbai. any person who can repair mine laptop i.e. repalce tha tivnertor? give me no.

Suresh 9820153809,call him and tell him you need an inverter and give your laptop model,his office is in sakinaka,just take ur laptop no need of opening it he will fit and give and take around 2500 confirm the rate before going.

Another one is mahavir 9821011403,he is in andheri and gives good service like he will send his technician to you place and have things done,here also confirm and bargain first.i know this person for the past 3/4 years and he is really good.

Sorry i dont have the nos of vidhi and ruchi but can guide you how to reach there.

Aur kuch maalik, :rofl_200:

One of the connector wires on the RJ-45 (ethernet) port of my laptop (Compaq 2136 AP) broke yesterday. Can anyone suggest a good repair shop in Mumbai, and how much it might cost me?

@prathod: Does Suresh takes this kind of repair too? as sakinaka is not too faraway from my place I can easily visit his office.

One of the connector wires on the RJ-45 (ethernet) port of my laptop (Compaq 2136 AP) broke yesterday. Can anyone suggest a good repair shop in Mumbai, and how much it might cost me?

@prathod: Does Suresh takes this kind of repair too? as sakinaka is not too faraway from my place I can easily visit his office.

Go to mahavir,he is near Andheri station and he can do it for you,talk to him first and maybe he can arrange to send someone to ur place and have it done,he is very flexible.

Regards

Pankaj.