Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mitulkalol

Which Card Supports My Dell Laptop ?

Hi to all,

As I purchase a laptop direct from Dell Site. Its have a expresscard slot and few USB ports. When I went to Reliance webworld to inquire that which card will supported on my laptop. One of the Reliance representative do not know about that but he consult to her superior for same. Then she came back with reply that there is no card supported for my laptop. After that I contact to Reliance customer care center and one of the repetitive told me that EC325 is supported for my laptop. Again I visited same Reliance webworld and mention same things to her. But still no one knows about this. And she told me that she will contact me after 2 days regarding same but still no feedback from her. :):grin:

So Please can anyone tell me is there any data card from Reliance will works with my laptop. I need that very urgent. So please help me ASAP.

I hope that someone also came through same problem. :grin:

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Mitul Patel.

Does the laptop have a PCMCIA card slot ?

If it doesn't have PCMICA slot, Huawei EC325 should work as it is USB based, costs around Rs.4500

Note that it isn't really a Data Card, but external type modem. Check it out here.

PCMCIA cards wont fit in a Expresscard slot. Check if RIM offers any of the data cards in Expresscard.

If they don't you might have to go for a phone rather than a datacard.

PCMCIA cards wont fit in a Expresscard slot. Check if RIM offers any of the data cards in Expresscard.

If they don't you might have to go for a phone rather than a datacard.

If go for Phone then what will be the speed diffrence coz I need good speed as I am lots of work with uploading and downloading. So suggest me some other good idea. Which will fits in my crieteria.

data card speeds are pathetic

you will find better speeds in a rim phone.

i am using ec325 with my laptop. would work with any usb port on computer or laptop. now price 4500. speed ok... dont have a problem .

i have got best speeds with lsp 340 e though

The speed of the mobile (not wireless land line) and the data card is theoretically the same. There might be differences based on how well each of them can handle signals, error connection etc.

You can buy the cheapest Nokia phone that supports RConnect for your purposes (make sure you can use it with a USB port). You'll have to buy the USB cable separately.

Of course you will have to get a voice plan + a data plan which makes it quite expensive.

Alternatively you could look at GSM (EDGE) options as they tend to be much much cheaper (but a wee bit slower).

Of course you will have to get a voice plan + a data plan which makes it quite expensive.

not compulsary to buy both voice and data plan .

u can opt any one of them .

1. say if u go for data plan then u would be charged for voice data as per default voice plan with data plan.

2. n if u go for any voice plan . then u would be charged flat 25 p/min night (10 pm to 6 am) and 50 p/min day

i am using ec325 with my laptop. would work with any usb port on computer or laptop. now price 4500. speed ok... dont have a problem .

i have got best speeds with lsp 340 e though

Hi friend,

thanks for your help. Can you tell me more abt lsp 340?

Waiting for reply.

Regards,

Mitul Patel.

oh lsp340 e was the earlier model of fwp. that one without light .

now it is not available