Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sajokj

Firmware Upgrade For Nokia 6255

Hi Nokia 6255 Friends,

I was using Nokia 6255 for last 8 months and I am happy with the phone. Only problems was with No WAP access ect...

Till last one month I use to get R-world in my Nokia 6255 but these days I am not able to get into R-world. When I called CC they told me to rest the R-world and try again, Also told to remove battery and place again and check. I tried all that. But failed to get R-world on my nokia 6255.

does any one facing the same issue?

Does anyone sorted this issue?

I visited Nokia service center at Lower Parel in Mumbai. They said I need to handover my phone for 6 days to them to check the issue. How can we handover a CDMA phone as I dont have another phone to transfer the number and use it for 6 days. And all my office realted calls all come on this phone number also so I told them I cant hand over for 6 days. I am ready to wait for the whole day there. But Nokia CC told its not possible. Tehy need 6 days. I dont know the reason for 6 days.

Let it be as we cant do any thing.

Is there any other place in Mumbai where we can upgrade the firmware or sort this issue?

Does any one had done this by them self and succeeed ?

Pls help me out

6 days is too much for just diagonising the problem, maybe they are loaded with other service requests now. Upgrading the firmware can be quite risky if you do it yourself and mess up in between, but you can try with Diego software and the right firmware file. But how can you be sure that the problem will vanish if you upgrade the firmware ? What is the error that you get when you access Reliance World ?

I am getting R-world not ready. Does anyone facing the same issue?

We all do - sometimes for all applications and all the time for some applications.

Recently (of course I haven't ventured into RWorld much the last few months) I noticed certain applications CRASH too!! Giving some NULL Java Pointer error or some $hit.

Any idea how to sort the issue?
using diego u can copy pri from gud working phone n write too ur phone then r world will work make copy of ur pri n save it too use it in any problem

there is a new firmware version avail for this phone... i searched in google & came to know lots of crashes were cleared & much more improved UI.... but i cant get tht lastest firmware

Why Arun? Is it not available? or its illigal?

Flashing the phone yourself wouldn't be advised because the new firmware might not be customised for RIM.

I think flashing the phone is possible although when I went with a software problem to the Nokia Pune Service Center they replaced the phone instead of just flashing it (which IMHO) would have fixed things.

Does anyone know any service cener where this can be done- I mean 6255 firmware upgrade on the same days. as cant wait for 10 days and all leaving the phone with them