Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Puneet

Reprogramming Right Soft Key In N6235

Disclaimer: The following is for information purpose only, and you and solely you will be responsible for anything that you do to your handset.

1. You will need Diego to do this. Do not ask me where to get it, or for that matter do not ask on this forum too.

2. Connect your handset to the computer, and start Diego.

3. Go to Phone Settings --> Read All from phone.

4. Click on Save to File. Save the file in a secure location, Might be helpful to restore the phone to its original state if something bad happens.

5. In the PRI ID Settings browse to:Generic Features --> Menu & User Settings Features --> Operator Menu --> Operator Menu Settings

6. Click on Operator Menu Right Softkey Name, and delete R-World.

7. Click on Write ALL to Phone

8. Updated data will be written to phone, and the phone will restart, go into local mode, and then again restart. Do not disconnect the phone from PC while the process is underway.

9. You are done. Voila, Right Softkey is now set to Names (which is the default setting for Nokia)

Aliter:

Steps 1-4: Same as above.

5. Click on Find. In the box "Search for PRI Settings with ID" enter 1199 (This is valid for 6235/6155). Click on search now, Click on close.

6-9: Same as above.

@puneet,

Marvellous find, buddy.

Will the above process work with N6265 also? I want to stop usage of RMW on my mobile. And yes how to get diego, although you have told not to ask for it. And will the data cable (CA-53) that I normally use for PCSync work or do I need any other cable?

Thanks

CA-53 will work fine. And the process should work with 6265, though you need to find the exact key for which you need to change the settings.

coooool

thanx man...wanted that since some time!!!!!!!!

As I said earlier, there is no reason that it should not work. Though youmight need to search the exact key for changing the value. Try it out and let us know too.

Yeah it should work on any phone I guess,

I had used Diego to change the ^ key of the navigation key in 6255.

By default both the up and down key were for access to phone book.

I changed it to access the profiles or something.

Never fiddled with the soft key but I think it should be possible as well.

When I try to open Diego, I get a error "Service Cable not found" help me with this Techies. Is there any special Data Cable to be used. I am really fed up with the R World option on the right hand side.

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

Hi Punnet

I have a nokia 6265. I was on Reliance earlier now shifted to Tata Indicom. How do I remove R World and get the Tata Zone in that place ? Can I do that using Diego ? Do I need to upload a new PRI File ? Any help will be highly appreciated

Please mail diego 3.0 software to me also as when i get t from web site, they ask to pay...

Kindly mail to jatin_the_great2003@yahoo.com......

Thanx a lot....

Disclaimer: The following is for information purpose only, and you and solely you will be responsible for anything that you do to your handset.

1. You will need Diego to do this. Do not ask me where to get it, or for that matter do not ask on this forum too.

4. Click on Save to File. Save the file in a secure location, Might be helpful to restore the phone to its original state if something bad happens.

5. In the PRI ID Settings browse to:Generic Features --> Menu & User Settings Features --> Operator Menu --> Operator Menu Settings

8. Updated data will be written to phone, and the phone will restart, go into local mode, and then again restart. Do not disconnect the phone from PC while the process is underway.

9. You are done. Voila, Right Softkey is now set to Names (which is the default setting for Nokia)

Aliter:

5. Click on Find. In the box "Search for PRI Settings with ID" enter 1199 (This is valid for 6235/6155). Click on search now, Click on close.

It is not neccesary that the Right Soft Key can only be assinged to names only, it can be assigned to Gallery, SMS, MMS, Contacts, Voice Mail etc.

I have assigned it to Gallery because I use it most.

I have attached a screen shot of diego for the same

Cheers

Vishal

post-10615-1191407121_thumb.jpg

thanx buddy., I've succesfully changed my right key RWorld to Gallery.(screen-shot make it easy)

how to change the R-World access in the main menu to Tatazone in 6275

You'll need to flash ur mobile by Tata firmware. Search this site for Nokia 2865 Tata Reliance thread.

Aliter:

It is not neccesary that the Right Soft Key can only be assinged to names only, it can be assigned to Gallery, SMS, MMS, Contacts, Voice Mail etc.

I have assigned it to Gallery because I use it most.

I have attached a screen shot of diego for the same

Cheers

Vishal

-----------------------------------------

Hi vishal I faced a problem after re-program right key for gallery., i.e web browser function in main menu also switched to gallery function. can I get back the browser

thanx for the techies 4 providing d tata firmware., I succesfully load it & using tatazone now & also i can access the internet.

(But there a ppears a icon 1X in top of the idle screen. this not appear before) any way thanx lot....

:clap::GirandoOjos:

thanx buddy., I've succesfully changed my right key RWorld to Gallery.(screen-shot make it easy)

how to change the R-World access in the main menu to Tatazone in 6275

R-World uses the wap address "wap.rworld.co.in". Just find the wap address of TATAZONE and overwrite it with the rworld in the Menu>Advanced>Setting>Homepage of your browser

I have not tried but I think it should work

Thanks for the info. It was useful.

Now that that is done, can i totally delete the key instead of the operator logo only? If so, what may happen?

More importantly, how can i transfer the information i stored like birthdays, schedules, lot of SMSs that i dont want to delete but now filled up all the SMS memory?? i am not able to this. only thing that can be transferred is the phone book and not calender items & SMSs and downloaded ringtones...

please help!

thanks in advance..

Has anybody tried this 2865?? Because i am trying this and i am not able to do so. Please update...