Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ynsingh05

Battery Charging In 6130

I had an interesting observation. I am sharing it with everyone. Please inform, if similar observation is true with other handsets also.

I have LG RD6130 handset. After complete discharge, when I charge the battery while keeping the phone ON, it takes about 1hours 45 minutes before the display shows complete charge. But if you switch off your phone and charge the phone, the complete charge is indicated after about 2 hours 45 minutes. I am just wondering what could be the explanation?

ynsingh

I had an interesting observation. I am sharing it with everyone. Please inform, if similar observation is true with other handsets also.

I have LG RD6130 handset. After complete discharge, when I charge the battery while keeping the phone ON, it takes about 1hours 45 minutes before the display shows complete charge. But if you switch off your phone and charge the phone, the complete charge is indicated after about 2 hours 45 minutes. I am just wondering what could be the explanation?

ynsingh

In the above mentioned experiment, after the phone indicated full charge in ON positions, it was switched off and then I waited for full charge indication which took additional one hour. My guess is that if you charge phone with empty battery while keeping it swtiched off, it shall take less time, and battery will be charged to more capacity. While charging battery in on state of phone, the battery is not actually charged to full.

ynsingh

If the phone is Off, How do we exactly come to know when the battery is charged to full. Because, when it is On, the phone lights up to indicate that he battery has been charged to full.

And when you charge it in Off position do you get more talk - time or stand - by time. If you have experienced such thing that it can be useful

If the phone is Off, How do we exactly come to know when the battery is charged to full. Because, when it is On, the phone lights up to indicate that he battery has been charged to full.

And when you charge it in Off position do you get more talk - time or stand - by time. If you have experienced such thing that it can be useful

When phone is OFF, one can press any key and display shows the battery status. The status display switches off after some time. I have been observing if you do charging while keeping phone off, the battery provides power for more time. After charging phone to full, while keeping it ON, gives power for less time. I have observed a difference of about 5-6 hours (including standby and talk time both, for low phone usage.) At my location (in IIT Kanpur), the signal for Reliance is not very good, hence even 5-6 hours difference should translate to more in better coverage areas.

May be someone can tell the best method to charge the battery, so that we get maximum talk and standby time and also maximize the battery life.

ynsingh

I have observed a difference of about 5-6 hours (including standby and talk time both, for low phone usage.)

How can this be??? :Confuso: Sounds incredible! For stand by time its ok ...but are you saying that your talk-time increases by 5-6 hours? Sounds almost impossible, as generally phones have a talk time of around 3-4 hours ...so in your case it means you are saying that you get around 8-9 hours!! I dont think any phone gives that kind of talk time ...esp. a CDMA and in a low signal area (as is your case)!

Mobile battries are known to charge faster if the phone is kept switched off ...but have never heard that doing so can enable them to accumulate more charge. In my opinion, its always better to charge the battery for sometime (an hr or so at least...) more than the time required to charge it to the maxiumum (should be mentioned in the manual) ...as the batt indicators are not usually very accurate. If you are using the original charger, it should not be a problem as they are supposed to protect against overcharging anyway...

Other than this factors like temperature, etc can be a factor. Lower temperatures obviously mean higher charge retention... Also, for li-ion batts, frequent charging is recommened ...rather than charging after the batt is completely discharged. Not very easy to practice ....given the poorer batt life of Reliance handsets....

I have observed a difference of about 5-6 hours (including standby and talk time both, for low phone usage.)

How can this be??? :Confuso: Sounds incredible! For stand by time its ok ...but are you saying that your talk-time increases by 5-6 hours? Sounds almost impossible, as generally phones have a talk time of around 3-4 hours ...so in your case it means you are saying that you get around 8-9 hours!! I dont think any phone gives that kind of talk time ...esp. a CDMA and in a low signal area (as is your case)!

Mobile battries are known to charge faster if the phone is kept switched off ...but have never heard that doing so can enable them to accumulate more charge. In my opinion, its always better to charge the battery for sometime (an hr or so at least...) more than the time required to charge it to the maxiumum (should be mentioned in the manual) ...as the batt indicators are not usually very accurate. If you are using the original charger, it should not be a problem as they are supposed to protect against overcharging anyway...

Other than this factors like temperature, etc can be a factor. Lower temperatures obviously mean higher charge retention... Also, for li-ion batts, frequent charging is recommened ...rather than charging after the batt is completely discharged. Not very easy to practice ....given the poorer batt life of Reliance handsets....

I think, I have been misunderstood. I have not measured the talk-time or standby separately. For my kind of usage, I get about 5-6hours more. The talk time component in this obviously is not more than 10-15 minutes.