Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
uphigh

A Few Unanswered Questions

It would be fair to say I was a complete novice 48 hours ago about any technical and or programming aspects for cell phones. Now I'm proud to say I feel like I'm so close to being an amateur, that I can smell it. Hopefully you guys will help me in the process.

1) Which of the following are NOT essential parameters before you can receive signal from a service provider and attempt first time OTAP

a) Phone Number

:) A Key

c) IMSI_M

d) IMSI_T

(I'm assuming here that SID NID primary and secondary A,B channels are essential for any communication)

2) And whats the deal with first paging channel? Is it globally unique or is it specific to service providers. Is it essential to program the correct one to initiate the first OTAP?

3) Does the ESN need to be registered with the service provider before OTAP, or does it get registered during OTAP. In other words, if this is an unused ESN, will I atleast be able to receive signal?? Will the dreaded " Searching for Network" disappear??

4) Is SID unique to a service provider, or does it vary over location?

5) Are there any Kyocera 7135 for Reliance Qcn files that I could get in this forum so I could examine all these things in more detail?

Thanks for the patience and time.

ps: It would really help to have a (technical)FAQ in this forum

Edited by uphigh

It would be fair to say I was a complete novice 48 hours ago about any technical and or programming aspects for cell phones. Now I'm proud to say I feel like I'm so close to being an amateur, that I can smell it. Hopefully you guys will help me in the process.

1) Which of the following are NOT essential parameters before you can receive signal from a service provider and attempt first time OTAP

a) Phone Number

:) A Key

c) IMSI_M

d) IMSI_T

(I'm assuming here that SID NID primary and secondary A,B channels are essential for any communication)

u also need MIN for this.

2) And whats the deal with first paging channel? Is it globally unique or is it specific to service providers. Is it essential to program the correct one to initiate the first OTAP?

Yes.

3) Does the ESN need to be registered with the service provider before OTAP, or does it get registered during OTAP. In other words, if this is an unused ESN, will I atleast be able to receive signal?? Will the dreaded " Searching for Network" disappear??

Yes u will be able to get network, if esn is not reg with provider.

4) Is SID unique to a service provider, or does it vary over location?

SID is unique to provider, atleast for reliance it doesn't change on location.

5) Are there any Kyocera 7135 for Reliance Qcn files that I could get in this forum so I could examine all these things in more detail?

I dont have have QCN.

Thanks for the patience and time.

ps: It would really help to have a (technical)FAQ in this forum