Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
techaditya

Nokia 3125 Making It Ruim Compatible

Hi this is my first post on this Forum. I hope the experienced and helpful members won't mind aiding me.

#1) Problem Statement & History:-

I currently use an LG 2030(yes that old Model from Reliance)

After my Dad upgraded his phone from a Nokia 3125 to a Nokia 2865 I now have his unprovisioned Nokia 3125 with me.

I wish to change my Handset from the LG 2030 over to the Nokia 3125(which my Father used without an RUIM card), but I want to use it with an R-UIM card so that the two of us can switch handsets whenever we want.

#2) Apparatus :-

I possess a Nokia DKU-5 Cable along with Nokia PC Suite 6.6( I was told by Nokia Care that the Nokia 3125 is only compatible with version 6.6). I run a Windows XP SP2 system

#3) Efforts so far:-

I called up Nokia Service Centres but they said they didn't know how to make it RUIM compatible (the phone has a slot for an RUIm card but has worked without it in the past when my dad used it.

I visited "The Mobile Store"(owned by the Essar Group) in Worli where the service Engineer was very kind and tried to help but said that it is not possible without some Security Codes that only Reliance possesses, He also said something about a Prommer to Flash the Cell phone's Firmware.

I am currently frustrated that i am unable to find any help.

#4) Reliance Netconnect

I also need to know how to use the Nokia 3125 with Reliance Netconnect. When I use PC Suite it says the Modem is not found. I also want to know how to do this for the Nokia 2865 using a Nokia CA-53 Data cable that I will purchase for my Dad.

#5) Procedure = ????

#6) Conclusion = ????

I hope you may be able to assist me so that I can change over to the Nokia 3125 using a handset Change card and RUIM Card together. Any Help will be grately appreciated

1 of my local friend here.. can help u in getting Nokia 3125 ruim enabled..

Contact @ 9320711118

1 of my local friend here.. can help u in getting Nokia 3125 ruim enabled..

Contact @ 9320711118

Thanks for the Contact Mohsin Khan. I will try it, but I don't have anytime to go to Kalyan this month. Could someone please give me a step by step procedure on how to do it myself. I can call up any of you if you are willing to tell me the procedure over the phone. I want to use my phone for completely legal purposes so I don't see anything wrong in making it RUIM compatible.

One other doubt about transfering Contacts from the LG 2030 to Nokia phones. I read the procedure on the Forum and executed it successfully. However the Nokia phone doesn't know which no. is the default no. . Do i have to re-assign it manually to each contact. Is there anyway of transferring that from the .CSV file? Does it have anything to do with the Keyfield? Please tell me how I must re-transfer the Contacts to include the DEFAULT no. I also haven't been able to successfully MAP the GENERAL phone nos. from my LG Phone though the Nokia 3125 has such a Phone no. Type. also called GENERAL.

Please do spend a few minutes to help

Edited by techaditya

^^^ there's no free lunch. u'll have to pay for the person to tweak ur handset. i don't think the instructions will be so easy to tell on phone only.

all the best.

Can members please help me out

Well u wont be able to do it urself, as it required kind of hardware.

U can visit MANISH MARKET and get it done.

While entering MANISH MARKET just see right side u will see board BABLU MOBILES.

visit them they will do it for u.

u have to assure them that ur a customer as they dont do it in open market.

DOnt pay them more than 300 bucks.

^^^ is there anyway to make Motophone F3c work on reliance?

:Equivocado:

While entering MANISH MARKET just see right side u will see board BABLU MOBILES.

Thanks Sadik, but where in Bombay in Manish Market and how can you get there from Chembur, Sion ? Besides is there any other shop that could do this for me anywhere near Chembur, Ghatkopar or Sion? I don't mind paying the shop keeper to get it done.

One more query i have now used a Handset change Card to transfer my no. from my LG phone to the Nokia 3125, would the shopkeeper still be able to make the 3125 RUIM compatible now that it is provisioned with a phone no. When they convert my phone to an RUIM phone do we loose all the contacts?

Can some more people offer solutions, especially closer to Chembur, Ghatkopar, Sion side to make the 3125 RUIM compatible

please tell for delhi also...

Hello,

i just saw this post and found out that 3125 can be converted to RUIM acceptable.

Now is this possible for 6255 also. cause. i'm using 6255. if it can be done then what about the RUIM CARD where can i get it from and how much does it cost.

awaiting for your reply on above and also i want some softwares like mobimb and diego which are useful to make tweeking and also loading my phone with some games and stuff. i have demo version for mobimb but not able to use it for my 6255. so i'll be needing cracked versions which i hope you can help me out.

Thanks and regards.

Prashant.