Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
anuragz

Finally Got Rid Of My Rim Connection !

Hi friends,

Finally i got rid of my reliance mobile.

I switched to tata indicom.

Got a very good deal.

Samsung HeroNxt handset + connection + reebok bag. for 1500/-( it also includes 500/- refundable security)

Now let's see how good is Tata's service. I hope it's better than Reliance.

Here's the link for Samsung handset.

http://www.samsung.com/in/products/cdma/cdma/sch_s229.asp

Congrats! :thumb:

I know how cool it feels to be RIM free... :good:

Howz the Samsung handset?

Congrats! :thumb:

I know how cool it feels to be RIM free... :good:

Howz the Samsung handset?

I m just getting used to this Samsung handset. So far I m finding it better in features,use & looks.

U can read about the handset by clicking the link in above post.

I did that ...it looks good and all ...but its always another thing to get a review from someone who has actually used it! :good:

Hey, can you tell us how the Samsung and Tata handle texting? Can you send and recieve SMSes longer than 160 characters as ONE SMS ...like GSM phones?

I did that ...it looks good and all ...but its always another thing to get a review from someone who has actually used it! :good:

Hey, can you tell us how the Samsung and Tata handle texting? Can you send and recieve SMSes longer than 160 characters as ONE SMS ...like GSM phones?

well i tried LMS on tata Samsung Heronxt handset.Although the handset manual says that it supports LMS of upto 480 chars. But when i tried typing & as i exceeded 160th char, an alert appeared asking ' Do you want to continue on 2nd msg ?'.

I even tried to send a very long msg from my gsm to tata. my msg was 1000chars long which was splitted to 6 sms when received on tata. Hence my experience says that 'Tata Do Not Support LMS'

The alert could be there to warn you that you will be charged for more than 1 SMS ...but did the SMS go without splitting ...and recieved in ONE piece on the GSM phone?

From what you say, it definitely seems that Tata too does not support LMS for incoming SMSes ...but is that positively true for outgoing too?

Very sad ...i wont even consider a CDMA connection again unless they sort out this SMS mess...

I got rid of Freedom @Night plan.

Got airtel 256 Kbps unlimited connection. Speed is really good.

How much are they charging?

And your location?