Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Incognito

Can Not Run Net With Wifi On 6700

Hi,

I just purchased a handset from Sadiq and installed the AkU 3.5 from Hetal. Everything works like charm except I can't connect to the net using the WIFI. I tried every possible setting but it looks like WIFI would show connected but won't allow me to browse the sites and gives timed out.

Any idea how to fix it ?

Edited by wipl

Hi,

I just purchased a handset from Sadiq and installed the AkU 3.5 from Hetal. Everything works like charm except I can't connect to the net using the WIFI. I tried every possible setting but it looks like WIFI would show connected but won't allow me to browse the sites and gives timed out.

Any idea how to fix it ?

Ill speak to my friends who use WI-FI and will get back as soon as possible. please let me know who is this, as i dont remember u from user name.

Requesting TANVEER, NIRAL and others who uses wifi to reach here for rescue.

I had used wifi on the original ROM given by Sadik

Havent tried it after I moved to Hetals ROM.

But it sure did work fine on Kirvins.

Just go to wireless manager switch on the wifi and check the wifi settings.

I dont exactly remember if and what changes I made but it did work then.

like tanveer said...

first enable wifi on ur ppc and see if it even picks up ur ssid(router signal)... if it does however u cant coonect then that implies that ur router aint configured to enable a dhcp client or has a security protocol ur ppc aint passing... like a network key or something... see these settings and post back here if the problem still exists...

FYI wifi would work no matter what... i mean more than the rom its the radio thats involved... so oi wouldnt think anyboday's rom we flash with might make the difference... i might have tried almost all the roms from here and ppcgeeks and wifi works for me anyhow and everytime !

Hi,

Fixed.....My router was setup properly as I've always been able to connect my Nokia E61i & Notebook. To fix the WIFI issue I had to go to manage connections & edit the Proxy Settings > remove the proxy option. Since the Proxy Setting were enabled and hence my phone was locating the sites with the proxy. May be now my RConnect won't work if that uses proxy..I'm still waiting for my RUIM to arrive :GirandoOjos:

Thanks to Hetal's updated AKU...i was able to use ping & ipconfig to determine if it was a dns problem or the phone related issue, since I was able to ping the Ip's from the phone hence later it didn't took much time to resolve this.

Once again thanks to all of you who took your time to help me and share your valueble insights.

Sadik God Bless you ...you're a real gem ...he goes out of the way to help and assist his customers...and I can vouch for him if you plan to buy things from him :)

Ravish

I think we can make a sticky of tutorials for 6700.

All the people have some doubt or the other, and most of us find the solutions with or without help from others.

If we could put together all the posts that have solutions to the problems I think it would be quite handy.

Searching through so many threads is difficult.

Ashok/ Arun can we have a new thread with posts moved from various threads please?

dito for the thought !

Hi,

Fixed.....My router was setup properly as I've always been able to connect my Nokia E61i & Notebook. To fix the WIFI issue I had to go to manage connections & edit the Proxy Settings > remove the proxy option. Since the Proxy Setting were enabled and hence my phone was locating the sites with the proxy. May be now my RConnect won't work if that uses proxy..I'm still waiting for my RUIM to arrive :clap:

Thanks to Hetal's updated AKU...i was able to use ping & ipconfig to determine if it was a dns problem or the phone related issue, since I was able to ping the Ip's from the phone hence later it didn't took much time to resolve this.

Once again thanks to all of you who took your time to help me and share your valueble insights.

Sadik God Bless you ...you're a real gem ...he goes out of the way to help and assist his customers...and I can vouch for him if you plan to buy things from him :clap1:

hi I have the same problem. tried all I cud. the wireles router works fine with the laptop. also u can't configure any hotspot router. please tell me the exact path of ur changes. what connections did u go to. ithink u can only modify rel mob world connection. I have 2 connections one without proxy enabled. but I still can't browse. tell me ur settings in the wifi part . click >start>settings>connections>wifi or connections?>manage existing>there r two kinds now.rel mob world or my work.I think u need to connect thru my work for wifi. changing or removing proxy in rel mob world or any cellular connection shdnt male a diff in wifi ? I had problem surfing before so I made two connections for the r mob world.one for rmob world reliance menus and other for surfing.in this one I disabled proxy and I cuan now surf properly. but do help me for wifi please. I tried it in shatabdi train and it cud see a fulstrength signal for public acsess but I cudnt surf anything. I think I need sum settings .like which network adapter to use. and any settings in it. I already have those proxy settings disabled. it sees all wifi but I can't surf. I tried bluetooth and it works. otherwise this ph is great. imagine I'm postiing from inside a jungle near shimla. thanks to u all.

[

Hi,

Fixed.....My router was setup properly as I've always been able to connect my Nokia E61i & Notebook. To fix the WIFI issue I had to go to manage connections & edit the Proxy Settings > remove the proxy option. Since the Proxy Setting were enabled and hence my phone was locating the sites with the proxy. May be now my RConnect won't work if that uses proxy..I'm still waiting for my RUIM to arrive :clap:

Sadik God Bless you ...you're a real gem ...he goes out of the way to help and assist his customers...and I can vouch for him if you plan to buy things from him :clap1:

hi I have the same problem. tried all I cud. the wireles router works fine with the laptop. also u can't configure any hotspot router. please tell me the exact path of ur changes. what connections did u go to. ithink u can only modify rel mob world connection. I have 2 connections one without proxy enabled. but I still can't browse. tell me ur settings in the wifi part . click >start>settings>connections>wifi or connections?>manage existing>there r two kinds now.rel mob world or my work.I think u need to connect thru my work for wifi. changing or removing proxy in rel mob world or any cellular connection shdnt male a diff in wifi ? I had problem surfing before so I made two connections for the r mob world.one for rmob world reliance menus and other for surfing.in this one I disabled proxy and I cuan now surf properly. but do help me for wifi please. I tried it in shatabdi train and it cud see a fulstrength signal for public acsess but I cudnt surf anything. I think I need sum settings .like which network adapter to use. and any settings in it. I already have those proxy settings disabled. it sees all wifi but I can't surf. I tried bluetooth and it works. otherwise this ph is great. imagine I'm postiing from inside a jungle near shimla. thanks to u all.

[

Hi Sunny,

To remove Proxy settings >

# From the Start Menu, select "Settings", then select the "Connections" tab. Select "Connections".

# Select the Proxy Settings > Remove it if its turned on.

To check if you have Wifi Problem >

# From the Start Menu, select "Programes > Reg Editor > Choose the Ping Option > try pinging any site first by its name & then by Ip address for eg. you can try pinging rimweb.com and if that does gives result your settings for wifi are fine and net should work anyway now

# If not then then try pinging the site by IP address > for eg. rimweb's IP is 67.43.0.135

# If you get the results then their's problem with your resolvers.

# if you get results with the IP but not with the site's name then you'll have to give DNS entries to your network adaptor...generally it should be wireless ethernet in the wifi network settings.

To do this Go to SETTINGS > WIFI > Network Adapters > Tiacxwin Wireless Ethernet > NameServers >I n the Name Servers tab type the following entries >

DNS 208.67.222.222

Alt DNS 208.67.220.220

Make sure you put all values in their respective octet.

Reboot the Device and try now.

The above settings works for me, I have open access at my home for the wifi and at my office I keep the connection secure by network Key > If you are on a public hotspot you might require authentication key even if you can see the signals on your device.

I tried to cover as much as I could remember, if you still can't connect post here and I'll try to help as much as I can.

BTW ..if you're in Jungle make sure the Tigers & Lions over there don't get fascinated with your 6700 and comes running after you....if that happens give Sadik's phone no. and tell them to contact him only during American hours :clap1: If they like the Phone ask them to Go After Hetal to put a Jungle theme in his next AKU and for any reasons they can't work out with WIFI don't give them my address work around with above settings and give them your phone :clap1:

Edited by wipl

BTW ..if you're in Jungle make sure the Tigers & Lions over there don't get fascinated with your 6700 and comes running after you....if that happens give Sadik's phone no. and tell them to contact him only during American hours :GirandoOjos: If they like the Phone ask them to Go After Hetal to put a Jungle theme in his next AKU and for any reasons they can't work out with WIFI don't give them my address work around with above settings and give them your phone :P

hi ravish thanks a ton... back home today and did what u told and yayy it works great... now tell me the same thing is going to work in hot spots too?or do i need to change any setting? now my ppc is fully functional man it opens the web page faster than the comp lol... :Contento: now waiting for the latest rom.. and thanks sadik too now its working...

hi guys,

its good that all of you are trying and getting to surf the internet thru wifi on ur ppc6700. but i for one am trying fo a long time and not succeeding. are you guys using an always on broadband connection thru wifi ? i am using bsnl broadband connection which is a pppoe connection and requires a user name and password.

someone pls come up with a solution.

Amit

I had accessed wifi at a hot spot only at Green Park Cafe Coffee day.

All i did was switched on wifi and it started detecting network.

I think I changed the setting "this connects to " to internet.

Will check once i try it again.

yes it simple. it works well for me as well.... i had detected & used wifi network in lots of areas of mumbai - like Airpot, just around the corner- churchgate , high street phenoix, Cafe coffee days etc etc

If finding Problem in Wifi

Do the Following

oncurrent WiFi and Phone Radio use

Although this feature is enabled in the default firmware, some providers (such as Verizon) have disabled the ability to use both the WiFi and the phone at the same time. This registry modification restores this feature: do the Following Registry Creation / Editing

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\WirelessMgr]

"MutexFlag"=dword:00000000