Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
amtrag

Using Emergency Nos. In Rd2030?

Hi all,

There are 3 emerency nos. stored in LG RD2030. How do I dial them? I figured out that emergency no.1 could be dialled by pressing 9+Call. But what about others? They are not even displayed in the phonebook.

I think you can register any number as your emergency number.

Also u just dial the number normally. I guess these numbers will be connected even if your mobile is in locked mode or your outgoing calls disabled.

Guys, please correct me if I am wrong.

I think rajatng is right and U can even change them in 2030 although not in more "Advanced" models like 7130

Hi all,

There are 3 emerency nos. stored in LG RD2030. How do I dial them? I figured out that emergency no.1 could be dialled by pressing 9+Call. But what about others? They are not even displayed in the phonebook.

wht u r doin is simply using the Speed Dial system.

Wht rajat explained is right. Emergency Nos. are set to be dialed even when ur fone is locked or disabled for service.

Rajat, You are right, any number could be stored, but how do I access the emergency nos 2 & 3 ? They do not get displayed in the phonebook.

Rajat, You are right, any number could be stored, but how do I access the emergency nos 2 & 3 ? They do not get displayed in the phonebook.

neither does emergency no. 1 !! Y do u they have to be in the fonebook once u add them in the emergency no. list? They dont have to be there automatically.

If u see Entry no. 009 is left empty for Emergency nos. But actually u can use it to store any other no. <_<

For that go to RIM Dir @ R-World, search out for any damn name there, and select "save to ph.book". It will save it to Entry no. 009. And later u can ammend that entry to whtever u want :quest:

So dont think that ur Emergency no. is actually saved at entry 009. Its only that those emergency nos. which are added could be called even while ur fone is locked!

Now 1 thing tht springs in my mind :o could we save any damn no. in that emergency no. (Meaning any home no. as well) and can i call that no. even when my phone is deactivated??

Yes any custom number as my friend said in 2030 - I really envy that <_<

Yes,

I have LG RD2030 and I can save any number I want as my emergency number. I have saved my local home number and tried dialing it. It did go through. But, I have not tried this by using an STD number. Can I save any STD/ISD number also as an emergency number and dial it when required?

Now my question. If the above is true, then who will get charged for it? If I use a prepaid and dial an emergency number. But, say I do not have any currency left in my card. Then, who will get charged for my personal STD/ISD emergency number? Who will pay for this?

And If I get charged for it... Then this is a security issue. Cos, now anyone can dial my emergency number even when I have my phone in locked mode or a password protect mode. So, I may get charged for the calls that I have not made at all.

In my case, even when I can change the security numbers, due to the above mentioned doubts, I have not changed them and kept the default ones.

Rajat

Yes - but I don't think any one will really wish to fool around with Police/Fire/Ambulance and unlikely to have a girl/boy friend over there :clap:

If you are really concerned you can put invalid numbers say 1234 etc etc so that no one can dial.

As for the charges I think - it is only a shortcut for fast dialing and normal call charges will be applicable.

Yes - but I don't think any one will really wish to fool around with Police/Fire/Ambulance and unlikely to have a girl/boy friend over there
I was talking about this situation when I have an STD or an ISD number entered as an emergency number. Although, I do agree no one would like to take panga with Police and dial there numbers unnecessarily. :clap: Infact, this is the reason I still have the original numbers as my emergency numbers. But, I guess if I am in an accident or something bad (god forbid), I would like to contact my family first and they will take care of whom to call next.
As for the charges I think - it is only a shortcut for fast dialing and normal call charges will be applicable.

Can someone pls confirm if this is so. I think emergency numbers can be dialled even if you dont have any charge in your card. Then, how can they deduct something?

It's standard practice, that emergency nos work even u dont have the service. But I dont think it's the case in India. Emergency nos are 100 101 and not any other numbers.

hi guys

there are 3 emergency nos. stored in every phone:

we can edit these numbers

we can give our home phone no. and friends no. here.

benefit is that we can call these nos. even the phone is locked.

i mean when we lock our phone it requires lock code when we try to make a call.

but if we store those nos. in emergency, then even our phone is locked , it'll not ask lock code and we can make call.

COOL!!!

It is stored in nvm directory which is highly protected by the system. U can't overwrite. I already burnt my board and don't want to do that again... :clap:

i am talking about changing emergency number by going:

<Menu>+5+4+3

and here u can change the numbers.

i am not talking about doing it through bitpim.

u can safely do it by mobile menu.

But the worst part is when the emergency person calls u u wont get his number or name u will find emergency flashing across ur screen.

u can safely do it by mobile menu.

Yeah - U are too lucky - I think 2030?

I am on 7130 _Color and not so lucky and eny U :D

More advantage with emergency numbers

If u r in a low signal area (like my room) an want to place a call

Put the number u r callin as emergency and then dial

The phone will try desperately to get the call thru...!!

Usually when there is no signal, when u try to make a call... it will say NO SERVICE AVAILABLE..

But if the number u tried was an emergency no,, the phone will try relentlessly till the battery dies or the call is thru..

Useful, if u r driving in a remote hilly area and want to make a urgent call

else, USELESS

r u sure bout this and tested it or r u taking a wild guess

I saved my landline no.in "Emergency 1" and then dialled it. But I heard "this no is not reachable" message. When I tried to dial the same no by typing the digits and calling, the call got thru. I confirmed this by repeating several times and at different time of day.

So, I think that there is no use changing the emergency nos to any other than the defaults ones. It is not clear then why there's such a facility to change them in the first place...

Bored, I think you did not get my point.

Putting it in other words, I mean that even if you change the emergency number to any other no, still the number dialled would be the default one...no matter which no you stored by editing it thru Menu+5+4+3 (in LG-2030).

For example, I changed emergency1 to my landline no ...then dialled it by pressing 9+call, it still showed "Emergency...100" as the dialled no.

Bored, I think you did not get my point.

Putting it in other words, I mean that even if you change the emergency number to any other no, still the number dialled would be the default one...no matter which no you stored by editing it thru Menu+5+4+3 (in LG-2030).

For example, I changed emergency1 to my landline no ...then dialled it by pressing 9+call, it still showed "Emergency...100" as the dialled no.

says who dude i tried it long back even now its working .May be somethings wrong with ur phone or connecton

BTW amtrag

U cant cut the cake and eat it too

No. 9 and no.1 shortcuts are reserved.

They cannot be customised

How is that supposed to apply in this case.

I simply couldnt get u.

BTW amtrag

U cant cut the cake and eat it too

No. 9 and no.1 shortcuts are reserved.

They cannot be customised

Bored,

How does it matter whether a shortcut is reserved? it is just a pointer (to location #9 in this case) of the phonebook memory...so when I have changed the contents of that location itself(i.e. edited the no.from 100 to my landline no), it should dial my no. now.

But, whenever you press 9+call you will see your phone always dialling 100.

And just now, I've discovered something new:

I edited emergency 1 to my landline number. Now when I dialled my landline no. by typing the digits, it dislpayed as "Emergency...<My no>".

So, does it mean that the emergency no we accessthru' shortcut 9 is different from Emergency 1 we see in Menu+5+4+3? In that case, we could actually have 6 emergency nos!

Bored, I don't agree with you on this.

Why? see below:

1. No. of phonebook entries in RD2030 is 299 (001 to 299) and that is "including" the locations reserved for emergency nos, (I say this bcoz entry 9 (for example) is invisible thru phonebook as it is reserved for emergency. So there are no separate locations for emergency nos.

2. Shortcut 1 is not emergency (atleast in my phone) bcoz it can be accessed thru phonebook search and edited like any other normal entry.

Also, another intriguing ocurrence is that if I edit emergency 1 thru menu+5+4+3, then how does the phone still remember the emergency no. 100.

Maybe, emergency nos which we edit thru menu are actually different from the ones we access using shortcut key 9?